BLaw's Mods - Joker, Doctor Octopus, Penance, G. Goblin, Sandman and MORE!

Started by BLaw, October 08, 2008, 04:48AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just checked out your video! IT'S AWESOME! You really are good, man! Her "Modern" skin is very similar to one of Sunfire's thought!

Why does it show "Fantastic Fire" when she fires her xtreme?

The moves look a lot like Human Torch. Is he the base you're using?

Anyways, it's very awesome!
Can't wait to see it out!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Yeah, almost all powers use Torch's animations, except for the Stun Wave, but that is not shown in the video because the effect needs to be recoloured and it doesn't work properly atm.

The reason why it shows Fantastic Fire is because I forgot to change it in the powerstyle file :P

Too bad there aren't any (good) female jacket models available. Otherwise the mod would include a 5th skin.

When Stun Wave is fixed (except for the effect), I think I'll release it (without a manny and loadscreen).

She's a powerful character. I think I'm gonna try to play through the game using only Firestar :P

If you're after a long jacketed female model then there's a Rogue skin that you could possibly use.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Ye I know, I dislike models with long jackets actually :P I'll think about it though.

Awesome! I'll work on an loadscreen, simply because I loved her during her tenure with the Avengers. You can use it if you like!

That would be great shaf! I like your work a lot and also the Forge loadingscreen which will be included when he's released, so a Firestar LS will no doubt be amazing.

sorry i'm a little late on the draw here but is there a replacement for scarlet spider's stark armor skin?

Actually.. No. Not yet. I've got at least 1 skin for scarlet on my to-do list, aswell as a new mannequin. So it's just a matter of time and patience.

Quote from: BLaw on March 01, 2009, 06:27PM
Actually.. No. Not yet. I've got at least 1 skin for scarlet on my to-do list, aswell as a new mannequin. So it's just a matter of time and patience.

Hey Blaw, just to check. Does this manikin make Scarlet Spidey look bigger in-game AND menu or how does it really works?

March 01, 2009, 07:16PM #54 Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 07:20PM by Gevth
Quote from: xlehnsherr on March 01, 2009, 06:38PM
Hey Blaw, just to check. Does this manikin make Scarlet Spidey look bigger in-game AND menu or how does it really works?
Mannequins go in a different folder and are unrelated to what the skins look like. So no matter how big or small the mannequins are, or what skin they have, it won't affect the in-game character. In fact, you could replace all skins in a character, but the mannequin will still be the same as before.

EDIT: For example, this is a video from before it was known how to make new mannequins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkzVBPyoPVQ&feature=related

Thanks for the info!
As for modding, I'm really dumb! Can't even make one single skin. Don't got the skills for it! Your Scarlet Spider mod really is amazing. The only thing I thought was very small was the size in the menu screen.

Just a question, what goes wrong when you try to skin?

Firestar has been unlocked and is now playable! Download and install her, and select her in the character selection screen! (Does it look like the game's dialog? :P )

What did you do about the troublesome effect?
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Basicly: nothing. It does look good (default effect), but I got lost because of the effects being colored wrong all the time. Perhaps I either will redo the power with a new animation or I'll find out how it works the right way.