Blade doesn't suck ass...

Started by DJay Saint, March 19, 2007, 05:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic
^ that regeneration thing got me thinking: Is there a way to make Blade's grab smash (when he bites his grabbed opponent) recover some of his health and energy?

Quote from: Gevth on May 04, 2007, 09:19AM
^ that regeneration thing got me thinking: Is there a way to make Blade's grab smash (when he bites his grabbed opponent) recover some of his health and energy?

There's always a way.

I gave Blade "Healing Factor" and "Might" for my second run through.  It only makes sense since vampires have super strength, and regen a hell of a lot faster than humans.  If you play him right, Blade is crazy good to start the game, and will stay that way if you manually upgrade his powers as opposed to letting the computer do it.  I think all of his powers were awesome, and definitely fit the character well... well, except for his boost.  I think they should've upped the striking a lot more, being that 2-4 striking at the end of the game basically means balls.  If his stun grenades cost less EP, they would be perfect.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Look at that!

To those familiar with coding, this is a part of ps_blade.engb :

[i]
   FightMove {
   animenum = ea_power9 ;
   endchaintime = 1 ;
   fallback = grab_smash ;
   handler = ch_grab_hold_base ;
   lockangles = true ;
   lockspeed = true ;
   name = grab_smash ;
   noautoaim = true ;
   priority = uninterruptable ;
   startchaintime = 0.9 ;
      trigger {
      name = stop ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

[b]trigger {
      name = powerup ;
      remove_on_node_end = true ;
      time = 0 ;
         affecter {
         affect_type = scale ;
         attribute = atk_vampire ;
         level = %blade_grabs_hlth ;
         }

affecter {
         affect_type = scale ;
         attribute = atk_vampire_energy ;
         level = %blade_grabs_nrgy ;
         }

}[/b]
      trigger {
      name = whoosh_light ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      attackerface = true ;
      doslidemove = true ;
      interaction = data/fightstyles/interact_blade_victim ;
      name = victim ;
      nodename = grabsmashvictim ;
      targetdistance = 22 ;
      time = 0 ;
      victimface = true ;
      }

trigger {
      name = sound ;
      sound = char/blade_m/p8_attack ;
      time = 0.48 ;
      }

trigger {
      damage = 4 5 ;
      name = punch ;
      offset = -30 ;
      time = 0.48 ;
      }

trigger {
      critical = true ;
      interactionend = true ;
      name = victim_release ;
      time = 0.8 ;
      }

chain {
      action = idle ;
      result = idle ;
      }

}[/i]

Does that mean that my idea of leeching life and energy with Blade's grab smash was already in the game? Never bothered checking that before...

heh, sorry, not used to posting code. Anyways, it is what I believe to be the grab smash coding part of Blade, the important part says:

trigger {
      name = powerup ;
      remove_on_node_end = true ;
      time = 0 ;
         affecter {
         affect_type = scale ;
         attribute = atk_vampire ;
         level = %blade_grabs_hlth ;
         }

affecter {
         affect_type = scale ;
         attribute = atk_vampire_energy ;
         level = %blade_grabs_nrgy ;
         }

}

does it actually regain energy? i think it's a good idea to check the status screen to see if even a little HP is regained (make sure not to gain HP in other ways like Health Regen..)

I was looking through the herostat and was wondering, does anyone know what, "blade_regen" is?  Or is that the leech thing you guys were talking about?

blade_regen probably refers to his Ultimate outfit passive (unless someone says otherwise). And his grab smash doesn't recover anything. I was just mentioning it because if the programmers couldn't make it work, chances are I won't get it to wirk either. Actually, chances are even slimmer if you consider I won't even try it now.

By the way, going back slightly - is it just me or does Strange do more damage when in Mephisto's realm than otherwise?  It may just be co-incidence but he seemed to annihilate stuff while in there.

Actually...  I though Doctor Strange sucked all around.  That's just me though.  I was just barely able to get his character skin, and that was with several tries.  Getting Blade's talent point from the comic mission is hard though.  I always come just a few points shy...  Haven't tried it on hard mode yet though.  I love spamming the Stun Grenade and throwing the enemies off the edge of the map for a quick kill.

Actually, Strange is the only one with whom I ever get Gold on that map. Blade, Iceman, Blaze... doesn't happen. Just spam Black Magic and Pixies, and make sure to use a 'Magic Damage' costume (I like Blue Mage)

May 07, 2007, 06:49PM #25 Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 06:52PM by Burning Rage
Huh... Iceman took me a while to get the hand of, but Ghostrider I got gold easily...  He's super good, especially with Starbolt's Flame.  Thor's was also crazy at first because of the endless horde of minions coming at you.  No matter how many times you killed them, they kept getting back up.  Oh, and Daredevil's comic mission.  I remember when I first tried that, I thought there was a problem loading the map... :rofl:  I almost went apeshit because I kept thinking the game was just screwing up.  But when I finally started the mission and began hitting stuff, I noticed you could start to see a little.  Cool as hell in my opinion.

On a lighter note, I colored Rogue's concept art from XML2...  I think it looks hawt.

Daredevil's comic mission is awsome, and it's not really hard at all.  I think i got his skin on the first try.  One mission i find difficult is Mr Fantastic, i keep dying early on(damn clowns).  Any pointers on how to play Mr Fantastic?

Fantastic Fists + Base Arm Extension move. One-hit kills. One of the Easiest missions in the game, that one.

At first I thought blade sucked too, but i'm trying him again and he's turned out to be pretty good, I use his katana attack, destructive spike and blood of the warrior, got a lot of one-hit kills. the same goes for Fury, his furious grab and sniper gun do a lot of damage.

Ms.Marvel,Doc.strange,Spider-woman,Iceman,Storm,and The
Fantastic Four Aren't My cup of tea[They don't have many GOOD powers]
[I'm The type of guy who's going "You take the 10,000 on the left,"...] :rofl:

:carnage: