All X-Men Edition

Started by nodoubt_jr, October 12, 2008, 03:40PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Great job, this edition is great! Owning the PS2 version (and the PC one), I had always wanted to play characters from the PSP version, such as X-Man and Cable.. And this edition gave me chance to do it in a  very simple and clear way!
Awesome, really ^^

thanks for the awesome comments, always good to read that people enjoy what i put together :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

June 06, 2010, 05:56PM #92 Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:42PM by IMBlackout
First off, this thing is awesome.  Had to hunt down a copy of the game for this Mod and now that I got Shadowcat in it, I cant figure out who to use for my 4.  But I do have a Q about the Mod.  Are the other skins unlocked immediatly or do you have to play through the game/ use code to have them unlocked?  Dont want to get to far and then have to start over cause I messed up somewhere.  Once again though, great Mod, and looking forward to your other Mods

Thanks for the nice comment :) Yes you have to play through the game to unlock skins, they unlock just like they do in the original game.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

June 09, 2010, 02:38AM #94 Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:39AM by Pooltastic
Any chance of X-23 making appearance here?
oh and another thing
what about saved games?
does the mod store games saved while playing it separate from the ones with original XML2?

The roster is going to stay as is. and yes the save games are stored in there own unique folder, so it wont overwrite or intefere with the original game.

June 09, 2010, 06:55PM #96 Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:38AM by Pooltastic
alright. bear with me on this one please.
I'm thinking of doing a little combination, if you will, of the two versions.
i want it to be just like the originals, ie standalone, so that i don't mess with the original game too much.
i want to have in it only the new characters (to xml2) from the mods. well the cool ones anyway.
namely:
1. Angel
2. Beast
3. Dark Phoenix
4. Emma Frost
5. Cable
6. Polaris
7. Psylocke
8. X-Man
9. Blink
10. Forge
11. Marrow
12. Multiple Man
13. Mystique
14. Quicksilver
15. Stephord Cuckoo
16. Blob

whoa... only 16?
hmm... hold on a sec...
here we go. a few extras from outside:
17. cannonball
18. X-23
19. Omega Red
20. Shadowcat
21. Omega Sentinel

whew!
funnily enough i know zilch about Karima (Omega Sentinel). It's just she looks sooo cool!

alright! now. still with me? good.
now for the question.
could someon sorta troubleshoot me through the process?
I think i get the part with the herostat and with adding of the extras but...
what I need is what files do i need to put where from one version to  another (is all x-men to brotherhood or vice versa)
or can i just bring everything over?

thank you!

This is how i would install the editions
Install Order:
1) Marvel Universe Edition
2) All X-Men Edition
3) All X-Men Edition Update
4) Marvel Universe Edition Update
5) Brotherhood Edition
6) Brotherhood Edition Update
7) Individual Mod updates for All X-Men Edition and Marvel Universe Edition

Eventually, when i have time i'll update these packs so theres not so much stuff to download and it can just be 3 easy downloads.

To add all those ones you want its simple, just install the stuff like i said above and edit the herostats (called heroreal.engb in the All X-Men Edition). Now if you want to know how to edit herostats and all that stuff than i would suggest starting a new thread here http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/board,18.0.html so that this thread doesnt get filled up with that stuff.

oohhh...
thanks!
except i'll skip on the marvel universe pack.

this is gonna be cool.

uhm there's a problem with the second Freshman level Danger Room mission, the one where you need to do a pick-up-and-throw move 5 times.
There's nothing to throw.
The mission starts fine but it does not generate any boxes, crates, barrels or anything else throw-able.
I don't know if it matters but I was using X-23.

Just checked my game and they showed up, I also check the dangeroom file, models and map and its all correct too. So make sure you installed everything, the crates do work and they are in the package.

As I said earlier in this topic, this edition is wonderful!

However, I have two questions:

1) I'm currently using the non-updated version of the edition. I've recently started a new game and, while playing with X-Man, Psylocke, Angel and Magma, the game undergoes frequent and sudden crashes, forcing me to reboot my PC everytime =/
The version of Magma I'm playing is the non-updated one, too. Could this be the problem? (Probably a dumb question, but I felt like asking xD) If not, do you have any suggestions/advice about it? =)

2) How do I install the updated "All X-Men" edition? Do I have to replace all the files in the folder etc. etc. ?
(Please consider that this edition and my original game are in the same folder) Moreover, do I have to start a new game after installing the updated version?

1) Not sure why you are having crashes. To tell you the truth it could be many reasons, some not even related tot he mods themselves. The game has issues and modding is not perfect, so I cant really pinpoint it.

2) Just install the All X-Men Edition Update by dragging and dropping, it just replaces old files from the All X-Men Edition. No you wont have to start a new game, unless you dont want your Danger Room achievements messed up. I rearranged some stuff so everyone has a challenge in the Danger Room so scores may get a little messed up. If you havent played any danger room challenges than you will be find.

and like i said a couple of post up, eventually i will update this to include all updates..

Somebody help me!
I start new game on Easy Difficulty and i have got four Mystique's!
Please help me!

Screen:
http://a.imageshack.us/img251/7045/49544529.png

WTF?

I am currently running into technical difficulties after reinstalling XML II. I cannot get the hero stat to work any more, nor can I unlock characters with psy. script.

Cant you release the All X-men Edition with a Heroselect that also has has the default characters. I do like Maneto and Juggernaught. Psylocke, Angel, Cyclops, and Beast are my favorite team in XML II.