All X-Men Edition

Started by nodoubt_jr, October 12, 2008, 03:40PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: TheGameCollector on August 06, 2017, 09:52PM
I would like to second the above unanswered question, but also ask my own.
You can find the thread where this was answered here. Usually you should ask these questions in the Technical Problems and look for answers there before posting please.

I was curious though - is there a step by step process to re-add one of the characters that was deleted and replace one of the new characters back with them?
Replacing characters in the All X-Men Edition is exactly the same as doing so in the regular game. Think of this as a clone of the original game. It functions in the exact same way, it just has a different name for things such as its herostat and exe.

Was Sunfire's data overwritten by a custom character or is all I have to do is copy his herostat file from an unmodded copy of the herostat document, decompile herostat, paste his herostat back in and recompile herostat?
Unless you deleted Sunfire's data, it should all be there. I don't believe the All X-Men edition overwrites anything that doesn't pertain to the characters it adds. To get Sunfire back in, all you have to do is decompile heroreal.engb (this version's herostat), take out a character's entry you don't want, and add in Sunfire's herostat entry.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 07, 2017, 06:56AM
You can find the thread where this was answered here. Usually you should ask these questions in the Technical Problems and look for answers there before posting please.

Replacing characters in the All X-Men Edition is exactly the same as doing so in the regular game. Think of this as a clone of the original game. It functions in the exact same way, it just has a different name for things such as its herostat and exe.
Unless you deleted Sunfire's data, it should all be there. I don't believe the All X-Men edition overwrites anything that doesn't pertain to the characters it adds. To get Sunfire back in, all you have to do is decompile heroreal.engb (this version's herostat), take out a character's entry you don't want, and add in Sunfire's herostat entry.

Thank you for everything. I am sure this will help and that I should be able to figure it out. Now that I have a guide to making my own exe, I'll just keep XmenBundle the way it is so I don't have to start my file over and make my own exe for my custom team that includes Sunfire. At least since XmenBundle already has mostly characters I want to use, I can use it as my starting point instead of the original game installation, saving me time. I'll probably make a version where I replace the later recruits with as many custom made earlier X-Men recruits as I can, then make a separate one featuring all the later recruits.

The thread you linked me to might also solve the main problem I was having with adding Angel to Marvel Ultimate Alliance as my first custom character attempt. He kept showing up as a blank spot and I think it was because I didn't know I needed to edit his menulocation number correctly and Heroselect didn't do it automatically. So I had decided to just download this package mod for X-Men Legends II instead so I could at least play as him somehow.

Quote from: Cobalsh on June 20, 2016, 02:55AM
Having a problem with this, I extracted everything to the X-Men Legends 2 folder, but the second I try to use the XMenBundle.exe, it deletes itself and gives me an error message.

I'm having the same problem...
:psylocke:

Quote from: AllanHoult on August 28, 2018, 10:52AM
I'm having the same problem...

Your antivirus software could be targeting it. Your software should have a place where you can pick files for it to skip over during active scanning. The same thing happened to me with TextureFiner2.1, and that fixed it

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 28, 2018, 11:01AM
Your antivirus software could be targeting it. Your software should have a place where you can pick files for it to skip over during active scanning. The same thing happened to me with TextureFiner2.1, and that fixed it

My antivirus is off, i did everything but the file just delete itself with an "maybe you don't have the permission" error

Quote from: AllanHoult on August 28, 2018, 11:04AM
My antivirus is off, i did everything but the file just delete itself with an "maybe you don't have the permission" error

Have you tried running as an administrator?

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 28, 2018, 11:30AM
Have you tried running as an administrator?

Like i said, i did everything!

Quote from: AllanHoult on August 28, 2018, 11:34AM
Like i said, i did everything!

Then I'm not quite sure. I haven't had this problem myself so that's all the help I can think of

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 28, 2018, 11:36AM
Then I'm not quite sure. I haven't had this problem myself so that's all the help I can think of

I always got a message saying that the Windows coudn't find the file or maybe i don't have the permissions to run the file. I did everything, reinstalled the game and the files, gave all the permitions, run as administrator, antivirus off, literally everything!

Quote from: AllanHoult on August 28, 2018, 11:38AM
I always got a message saying that the Windows coudn't find the file or maybe i don't have the permissions to run the file. I did everything, reinstalled the game and the files, gave all the permitions, run as administrator, antivirus off, literally everything!

Do you have a cracked exe for your regular game?

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 28, 2018, 12:55PM
Do you have a cracked exe for your regular game?

Yes and i realized now that the Brotherhood and the MUA edition runs normally, just the XMen Bundle that's getting this error...

Quote from: AllanHoult on August 28, 2018, 02:02PM
Yes and i realized now that the Brotherhood and the MUA edition runs normally, just the XMen Bundle that's getting this error...

I wish I knew how to help. Sorry

Quote from: Cobalsh on June 20, 2016, 02:55AM
Having a problem with this, I extracted everything to the X-Men Legends 2 folder, but the second I try to use the XMenBundle.exe, it deletes itself and gives me an error message.

I was just able to find a fix for this. I made an exception for the entire XML2 folder in AVG and ran as an administrator. Good luck!

Anyone have working links to Pyslocke, Cannonball and Magma updates?

Thanks for the trojan virus dude. Xmenbundle.exe isn't even deletable on my system.