All X-Men Edition

Started by nodoubt_jr, October 12, 2008, 03:40PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: CarnageLikesRed on September 10, 2019, 02:36AM
Thanks for the trojan virus dude. Xmenbundle.exe isn't even deletable on my system.

nothing on this site has a virus. this is caused by your computer not the .exe as i use this same mod all the time.

January 06, 2020, 09:16PM #181 Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 09:18PM by BaconWizard17
The All X-Men Edition has been updated to version 1.3, now reflecting the changes implemented by the XML2 Character Number Fix

(The fix is already applied to the AXE, so you won't need to replace any files)

Angel's herostat entry had one skin referenced incorrectly. That has been fixed. Please re-download him if you've had any issues!

This is a great mod. I was wondering though is it possible to get the 90's Cyclops character mod for it  :cyclops:? I didnt see it in-game. Thanks and apologies in advance if this has already been asked somewhere (I'm a newbie).

Quote from: tonyb42011 on October 28, 2022, 04:40PM
This is a great mod. I was wondering though is it possible to get the 90's Cyclops character mod for it  :cyclops:? I didnt see it in-game. Thanks and apologies in advance if this has already been asked somewhere (I'm a newbie).

I'm assuming that you're referring to a skin of 90s Cyclops (skins are what we call the character models, while "mods" generally refers to full character mods with coding and everything else). You can pretty much apply any skin to any character regardless of the mod, so you're welcome to use that. You just have to name it properly. It's easiest to replace an existing skin for the character. If you're looking for a skin to download, I have a 90s Cyclops (and many others) on my release thread

Thanks for responding back. That's where I am lost. How do you replace the skins? I found your thread and downloaded the 90's Cyclops skin. I read the readme file of where everything goes, but I'm stumped on where the png files go and if i am supposed to use a hex editor for some other tool. Can you direct me to where I need to go to learn how to do this?  (or provide a brief instruction). Apologies for once again asking a question that you've probably had to answer many times over.

Quote from: tonyb42011 on October 29, 2022, 12:30PM
Thanks for responding back. That's where I am lost. How do you replace the skins? I found your thread and downloaded the 90's Cyclops skin. I read the readme file of where everything goes, but I'm stumped on where the png files go and if i am supposed to use a hex editor for some other tool. Can you direct me to where I need to go to learn how to do this?  (or provide a brief instruction). Apologies for once again asking a question that you've probably had to answer many times over.

I'll put by response in my personal thread so that we can keep the conversation in one place

The All X-Men Edition has been updated to version 1.4. Several files have been renamed to improve compatibility with OpenHeroSelect (OHS) v4.8.0:
- The herostat is now called hero_axe.engb
- The team_bonus file is now called team_b_axe.engb
- The danger room file is now called danger_axe.engb
- The mod now includes its own characters_heads package, characters_h_axe.pkgb
- The new_game script file is now called new_axe_.py
- The mod now includes its own new_game_hard script file, called new_axe__hard.py
- The exe is now called Xmen2_AXE.exe. It is now the smaller cracked exe, and it references the updated file names.
- The herostat entries and roster file have been separated out to be easily used with OHS.

It is recommended that you reinstall the game to use this new version.

The AXE has been updated to version 1.4.1. I fixed an error with Angel's herostat entry that was causing a crash. This fix will require you to start a new game.

The AXE download has been corrected, this time actually fixing the issue that I described. Please re-download if you downloaded it earlier.