All X-Men Edition

Started by nodoubt_jr, October 12, 2008, 03:40PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 12, 2008, 03:40PM Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 05:58AM by BaconWizard17
All X-Men Edition
Version 1.4

This is a package mod that adds a separate exe and files that allow you to play with a roster full of X-Men characters. Its roster runs separately from the base game.

Features:
  • A separate exe (Xmen2_AXE.exe) from the base game with its own set of files, allowing for a new roster and new experience. The following files are used:
    • Herostat: hero_axe.engb
    • Team bonus file: team_b_axe.engb
    • Danger Room file: danger_axe.engb
    • new_game scripts: new_axe_.py and new_axe__hard.py
    • characters_heads package: characters_h_axe.pkgb
  • A unique save folder to prevent conflicts with the main game.
  • A roster with only X-Men. Mod characters are included with the download:
    • Angel (matt710's version with the XML2 Number Fix skin numbers)
    • Beast (nodoubt_jr's version)
    • Bishop (default character)
    • Cable (nodoubt_jr's version)
    • Colossus (default character)
    • Cyclops (default character)
    • Dark Phoenix (matt710's version with the XML2 Number Fix skin numbers)
    • Emma Frost (nodoubt_jr's version)
    • Gambit (default character)
    • Havok (matt710's version)
    • Iceman (default character)
    • Jean Grey (default Character)
    • Jubilee (nodoubt_jr's version)
    • Magma (nodoubt_jr's version)
    • Nightcrawler (default character)
    • Polaris (matt710's version)
    • Psylocke (nodoubt_jr's version)
    • Rogue (default character)
    • Storm (default character)
    • Wolverine (default character)
    • X-Man (nodoubt_jr's version)
  • Cannonball as an additional character that can be swapped in.
  • New skins for some default characters.
  • Loading screens for all new characters.
  • Danger Room maps from XML1.

Changelog:
Expand to see changelog
  • Version 1.0:
    • Initial Release
  • Version 1.1:
    • Originally known as the November 16th, 2008 update.
    • A fix for Magma's powerstyle so that her slide move uses EP and a new entities trail effect
    • A talent fix for Cable to organize it properly
    • A talent and powerstyle fix for X-Man, now "Plasma Shield" has a time limit and his talents is more organized
    • A talent fix for Polaris to fix an icon issue
    • Team Bonus update to include Jean Grey in the Family Affair bonus and to change Raven Knights (Raven Knights is now: Jubilee, Magma, Iceman and X-Man, sort of a young people bonus)
    • Danger Room courses fix and update.  Now the mission to protect Forge, actually spawns Forge instead of Havok.  Also adds new Challenges for Angel, Cable, Havok, Polaris and X-Man. Which means that all the playable characters, except for Dark Phoenix, have a Danger Room challenge.
  • Version 1.2:
    • Additional updates to various characters from September and October 2009.
    • Updated Cannonball to nodoubt_jr's Cannonball v3 mod.
    • Updated Psylocke to nodoubt_jr's Psylocke v3.1 mod.
    • Updated Magma to nodoubt_jr's Magma v5 mod.
  • Version 1.3:
    • Assembled the initial release and all updates into a single download.
    • Updated Dark Phoenix and Angel to use the numbers from the XML2 Number Fix. Dark Phoenix uses skin numbers 0211-0219, and Angel uses skin numbers 1002-1010.
  • Version 1.4:
    • Updated file names to be compatible with OpenHeroSelect v4.8.0's new package mod features
  • Version 1.4.1:
    • Corrected an error in Angel's herostat entry that was causing a crash.

Installation Instructions:
Expand to see instructions for this mod
  • MO2 Method:
    • Install the mod through MO2 as an archive. Deselect any png and txt files included with the download. Also delete the exe from the download.
    • The priority of this mod should be 0.
    • Manually install the mod's exe file into your game files, and then configure it as an exe in MO2.
    • You don't need to change anything in your game files or the mod's files to get this mod to work.
  • Direct Method:
    • Extract the mod's download.
    • Drag and drop the mod into your game files. Install it before other character mods.
    • You don't need to change anything in your game files or the mod's files to get this mod to work.

Previews:
Exand to see preview images
  • New Roster:

• Action Shots:

• New Danger Room Maps:

• New Danger Room Missions:

• New Team Bonuses:

Known Issues:
  • PSP Character Effects - For some reason when using Cable, X-Man and/or Dark Phoenix together, they cause other characters or even themselves to loose some of their effects, the powers still do damage but the effects are gone.  Why this happens? i don't know, i haven't found a reason or a fix, so just use them separately.
  • Losing second skeleton or powerstyle - I only had this problem in one area (the level were you go and fight Sinister's Dark X-Men).  While using Beast and Jubilee (who both have new fightstyles) in that area, it caused the fourth person to not be able to access their powerstyle, they were stuck with only their fightstyle.  That is the only place were i ran into that problem, so when you get there don't use Beast and Jubilee together. (this is a memory issue with the game, nothing really having to do with the two characters, so feel free to use them together in other areas, i had no problems playing the game with both of them together).
  • Crashing - I did have one crash while using this edition, after fighting Garokk and going back to the base, how i stopped this is by just using the original characters that came with the game to fight Garokk and go back to the base. I've gotten this error before when using mods in that fight with Garokk, so i don't know if its just an issue with my game or if its just an issue in general with that area. That was the only crash i got.

Credits:
  • BaconWizard17: XML2 number fix, assembly of prior updates, file name updates.
  • nodoubt_jr: Beast, Cable, Jubilee, Magma, Psylocke, and X-Man mods, original assembly of the package mod.
  • matt710: Angel, Dark Phoenix, Emma Frost, Havok, and Polaris mods; 3605.igb skin; 0503.igb, 1001.igb, 3603.igb, 9003.igb, 15103.igb, and 15403.igb loading screens.
  • Burning Rage: Basis for Emma Frost and Psylocke mods.
  • Teancum: Basis for Beast mod.
  • Unknown: Classic Gambit, Classic Psylocke, AOA Psylocke, and AOA Jubilee skins.
  • Norrin Radd: Original Rogue, 3606.igb, 3607.igb, 7106.igb, 1055.igb, 1056.igb, and 9006.igb skins.
  • Iammingy: Cable, X-Treme Gear Psylocke, 90s Jean Grey, Original Beast, Original Bishop, Second Generation X Jubilee, X-Man, Original Angel, 9003.igb, and 9004.igb skins; PsySword, laser_gun_back, laser_gun_left, and Angel sword boltons.
  • BLiZZ: AOA Beast and AOA Angel skins; Beast and Jubilee power icons; XML1 Jubilee effect coloration.
  • apollo: Furry X-Treme Gear and Ultimate Original Beast skins; Havok loading screen and Polaris loading screen.
  • shafcrawler: Hidden Years Beast, 2000s Beast, House of M Psylocke, Ultimate Psylocke, X3 Dark Phoenix, Sleeveless X-Factor Polaris, Purple X-Force Cannonball, AOA Cannonball, New Mutants Cannonball, XSE Cannonball, Mutant X Cannonball, Blue X-Force Cannonball, Messiah Complex Cannonball, Modern Archangel, and Modern Angel skins; Polaris loading screen; Psylocke mental damage immunity coding.
  • intensity: Classic Jubilee, First Generation X Jubilee, Outback Jubilee, X-Treme Gear Jubilee.
  • boreman: Cable, Ultimate Civilian Polaris, X-Factor Polaris, Civilian Havok, and Original Havok skins.
  • DarkMythology: White Phoenix and X-Treme Gear Angel skins.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

VERY cool.  I'll probably switch out Dark Phoenix for Cannonball, but awesome nonetheless.

Wow, amazing!

Sorry to bug you once more, but who is coming up next on the list after this?

Is this for the PS2? 'Cause for christmas, im getting some stuff so i can actualy download some mods.

thanks guys for the nice comments :), hope you guys enjoy it
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

I really like your little intro.

Astonishing work.  Just a couple of comments:

Perhaps the Raven Knights team is better suited to those who don't show up elsewhere.  All of the people on that roster show up in at least two other teams; perhaps some of the characters who have only fit into one team (Jubilee, Magma) would be better choices?

On a related note, surely Jean Grey should also be in Family Affair?

Very, very impressed with this, though.  Can't wait to play more with it.

thanks for the feedback and the nice comments :)

I wanted an all psychic team bonus so i chose to use Raven Knights for that since the name is not too descriptive and could fit it. I didn't include Jean to the Family Affair team bonus since i thought it would be cooler to just have it be activated by all the Summers men (Cable, Cyclops, Havok and X-Man).  But i see your point, in any future update I'll add Jean to the bonus, and see how i can change Raven Knights.

Hey there, new member, and this is probably a stupid question with a simple reply... But is anyone else experiencing problems with the download link? For the life of me I can't get it to load.

mediafire seems to be down at the moment, keep checking im sure it will be working eventually. if its still down by tommorow i'll reupload to another site.

I have to say this mod totally rocks. It made me actually go up into the attic, dig out my install disks and go through the hell of installing the game on a windows x64 Vista system. Fun times. Been playing with Havok, Polaris, Magma, and Psylocke and absolutely love it!!! If I can figure it out i'm going to try to get Sage, Marvel Girl, and Cannonball into it too. Just cant figure out who to drop. Anyways, the point is this mod is absolutely awesome and stuff!!!!

After finding out that I cannot use mods for multiple playthoughs, you just gave me another reason to jump into the PC version of this game.

Thank you.

What about the section of the Brotherhood base that won't open without a brotherhood member? Is it still locked?