All X-Men Edition

Started by nodoubt_jr, October 12, 2008, 03:40PM

Previous topic - Next topic
i did think about it, a teleporter can get in there (Nightcrawler)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

All of you that contribute to these mods are the best
Give your life meaning when you come to Xaviers Institute.  Join us so that we can develop your mind as well as those devious powers that you may have ::wink::

i'm a bit confused. i believe the first page says any marvel mod can be playable. i thought the only playable characters are the ones listed on the character selecting picture. so are those the only characters playable. or are every other mods playable, only they aren't shown. also it says that the brotherhood characters are replaced. but down below it says nothing from the game is lost. are the brotherhood characters still playable are npt. please answer my two questions. i'm very confused

yes the only playables for this edition are those in the roster given in the first post. No the brotherhood characters are only replaced in the editions herostat (called heroreal here, so it doesn't overwrite the games natural herostat.engb), their files are not replaced, so they are still playable in the regular version.

everything in this edition is separate from the regular game, so you can launch the game with the game.exe and play the game as it comes or with whatever mods you want.  this edition is launched by the new XMenBundle.exe, and runs files that are unique to it and not overwriting other important files.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

no problem, and thanks Scotimus and Tanekado for the nice comments

one more thing, what afer i download the file, where do i drop the file so the mod can be in the game??
Give your life meaning when you come to Xaviers Institute.  Join us so that we can develop your mind as well as those devious powers that you may have ::wink::

the files are dropped in the folder Program Files/Activision/X-Men Legends 2/ , if you check it you will see the files in the package are set up exactly as XML2 sets up its files.  So its just drag and drop.  So Actors goes in Actors, and HUD goes in HUD, etc.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on October 22, 2008, 09:16PM

Kurt can teleport people adjacent to him right? Then you can have two X-Men in that area.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on October 22, 2008, 09:16PM

There's also a sneaky way to do it, which is to set up a Blink Portal almost directly next to that door and go through it.  When you come back, the engine sometimes places a party member on the other side of the door.

But then you waste the time needed to recharge a Blink portal. And wasted if the tactic doesn't work.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on October 26, 2008, 08:14AM
But then you waste the time needed to recharge a Blink portal. And wasted if the tactic doesn't work.

Yes, I'm just pointing out that there is another option.

@ nodoubt_jr:

Is there any plan to delete the Brotherhood specific random item drops (Toad's Cloak, etc.)?

Quote from: Bandobras Took on October 26, 2008, 11:52AM
Is there any plan to delete the Brotherhood specific random item drops (Toad's Cloak, etc.)?

oh thanks for reminding me about this.

it seems that for the items.engb you cant add items, you can only replace.  Also hexing the exe to use something like itemx.engb instead (like i did with team bonus and dangerroom, and as i originally planned to do) causes the exe to immediately crash, so i cant even hex it so that it uses its own unique items. So no i have no plans to change the items file, i rather people do it on there own as they know what mods they are using.

thank you nodoubt_jr, really appreciate it.  Maybe i should start making my own mods

Indeed. The Knowledge Base is a good place to start.