MUA: Original Xbox SE mod - (new download link)

Started by Teancum, March 19, 2007, 08:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Whoops yeah I noticed that too, but I wasn't sure if you could take Neutron's costume design and put in on smaller body before editing that.

I've been rummaging around here for the past two weeks and I've tried a few of the mods (Dazzler's my favorite so far!)  I'm understanding how people are changing statistics and loading older character models, but I'm still confused by the diffference between models, meshes and skins and what exactly is alterable. 

All of the work here is truly amazing and I can't wait to try out some more of it!  A little off topic but I figured an introduction would be as good here as anywhere else!

Updated first post again.  MUAPS2 will only get Colossus and MK, I don't have time to mess with the rest.  All I need are grab-smashes for Gambit and Angel and the Xbox version is done as well.  I'll be moving on to the Xbox-only update for XML2.  I was gonna go multi-platform on that one too but it comes down to time issues again.  Anyways, I'll be digging up my XML2 Xbox thread, so watch for it.

I've been getting lots of PMs so I just wanted to point out a couple of things:

1-You MUST have a modded console (Xbox and/or PS2) and MUST know how to play modded games.  Running off a hard drive or a burnt disc will both work, but you need to know how to do that on your own.
2-The PS2 mod has not been released, nor do I have a beta out of it yet.  I'll let you know.
3-The PS2 version is only getting Colossus and Moon Knight.  Nobody else.  I don't have the time nor energy to work on two full-scale mods at once.  All I'm doing is re-activating stuff that's already on the PS2 disc.
4-There's no release date.  You'll get it when it's done.  Instructions will be provided on how to install the new files into your assetsfb.wad file, then you will need to know how to transfer that to your Xbox hard drive or burn a new disc if you use a PS2.

First post updated, please read again if you're interested in the Xbox/PS2 mods.

I got a little problem. I already did the mod for ps2, for MUA and XML2, but I just can't burn the disc. I know you guys won't help in such subject, but you at least send me a link to some tutorial.
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

Just make an ISO of your original disc, open the ISO in WinRAR, replace assetsfb.wad in the /z folder with the new one you made, then burn with any burning software.  After that, throw it in your modded PS2 and you're done.

Thanks. I'm going to try that.
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

December 03, 2007, 08:03AM #130 Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:27AM by Teancum
They've both been released.  Check the first post for information/links.  Now we'll see if we can do a PSP SE mod with MK + Colossus + all the default characters (Not replacing anyone)

Thanks for making this. It works great! The extra characters are very welcome additions.

Thanks, and nice work! My PS2 will certainly enjoy having these. Wait till my friends find out. :thumbsup2:

just a couple of comments/questions; when i played the beta release and used u.s. agent, moon knight, thing, and war machine i got a west coast avengers team bonus, but now on the final release this doesn't happen. i did notice you added xmen team bonuses though. cool, but not avenger friendly. is this fixable? also with this latest release, selecting colossus results in the "hulk" voiceover. was this the only way to fix the black widow glitch? would it have been possible to get hulk, hawkeye, and captain marvel instead of colossus, angel, and gambit? don't ever think i am complaining, i love all of the work you have done.

December 14, 2007, 10:22PM #134 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 10:25PM by Teancum
Yeah, I realized after I released this version that I had some more bugs to crush.  I'll have to get a patch out to fix the VO problems and whatnot, which isn't hard now that I actually have tools and don't have to hex edit it.  I think I know why the West Coast Avengers bonus broke, I'll look into it.  As far as new characters though, this is who you'll get.  I'd like to move on to the XML2 Xbox SE mod.

So to sum up I'll have to release one more version that fixes existing bugs.  There's also a few things I can do now that I have the tools to, like adding voiceovers to the bonus simulator missions.  I'm also looking into finding a way to have Colossus/Gambit/Angel/Moon Knight's 4th costume unlocked by default.