MUA: Original Xbox SE mod - (new download link)

Started by Teancum, March 19, 2007, 08:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nope, I wish it did.  My original plan was to have a playable Hawkeye.

Hmm... that's fine. Thanks for the info.

Too bad. There is only one shooting anim from the Viking archer... :(

Teancum, your ps2 mod works. The only thing was at the herostat. I've changed it to make Colossus and Moonknight playable. And now I'm PS2 modding like crazy. Thanks to your assetsfb.wad.
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

No problem.  You might post an updated version of assetsfb.wad with working characters now.

Oh, by the way--I seriously doubt PSP characters will work on the PS2.  The PS2/Xbox versions of the game were developed with the older version of the engine.  That and the PSP version of the engine uses crazy compression.  PS2 skins work on the PSP due to the fact that it's a newer engine and they probably didn't remove the code to read the models.  But, I hope you prove me wrong.

Canino made one that works, so I didn't bother with mine.  They were the same as far as content, and since his worked I deleted mine.

April 08, 2008, 01:35PM #170 Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 11:47AM by Teancum
So I've been going through some major planning revamps, and have come up with the following scheme for Xbox MUA SE v2.0 FINAL:

Moon Knight
     -Same spot
Gambit
     -Replaces Elektra
     -Can pick the lock on Dr Strange's door
            -His dialogue is "Ain't no lock tough enough for ol' Gambit"
Angel
     -Same spot (hidden)
Iron Fist
     -Replaces Nick Fury
War Machine
     -(hidden)
     -Iron Man gets a Silver Centurion outfit in place of his War Machine one
Hulk
     -Replaces Colossus

If I can ever de-swizzle the DLC stage enough to insert two slots into the character menu I will, that way we don't have invisible characters.  *If* I do, the layout will change slightly.  I'm thinking a similar setup to the PC, (Hulk in the back, and Colossus in his old slot) but with Moon Knight, Angel, Nightcrawler up on the riser, and Spider-Woman's slot being removed.  That means there will be one less character on each side, but more in the middle.

I agree...and I know you are busy...BUT you would be my 4 year old's hero if you could add the Hulk.  We played through your original beta...and we just started playing it again recently.  He keeps asking where is the Hulk...can we get a 360?  I told him that I would check online again to see if there are any plans for you (Teancum), or someone to add him to the XBOX mod.

Keep up the awesome work!

JNet 

April 22, 2008, 09:28AM #173 Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:28AM by Teancum
Man, it seems like everyone's gotta have the Hulk.  Well, I'll tell you what.  Since everyone wants him I'll put him in the final version.  I'll have to replace a character somewhere, but lets face it, we all love the Hulk.  For story-mode purposes he won't unlock until you beat the game, but you can always put in a cheat to activate him.

I don't have an eta on the final version, but I'm hoping for mid-August.  Iammingy is working on a Xbox-compatible Hulk right now that I plan on using.

So that being said here's an updated version of what I'd like to do:

Gambit
     -Replaces Elektra
     -Can pick the lock on Dr Strange's door
            -His dialogue is "Ain't no lock tough enough for ol' Gambit"
Angel
     -Same spot (hidden)
Iron Fist
     -Replaces Nick Fury
War Machine
     -(hidden)
     -Iron Man gets a Silver Centurion outfit in place of his War Machine one
Hulk
     -Replaces Colossus

Tools will be provided if you want to switch some characters back in that get replaced.  I still would like to get Punisher in, but that depends on BliZZ, who's out of commission for a little while longer.  Odds are he'll get in since I won't be able to finish this out until early-to-mid August.

I can not ask for more.  You are AWESOME!

Let me know if I can help test anything for you.

JNet

Done.  Since it's for you and your kid you'll be my first testers (aside from myself and my best bud).  I'll keep you posted.  Just pop in and watch this thread throughout the summer, and watch for PMs in the late summer.

So awsome :) love that you're putting the Hulk in! I started playing the other day and I was having a ton of fun with Angel and Gambit, but i'll totally put myself on hold till you finish the hulk mod, i'd be more than happy to be a tester as well. looking forward to it as well!

Honestly I'd probably play through the game once.  When I say I'm putting Hulk in, we're talking August-ish before I get another release out.

lol, ya, just read this, kinda funny, few friends came over today and we decided to play, they wanted to try the new characters i threw on from your first release, we ended up making it almost up to galactus before we put it down :) we'll probably finish beating it tomorrow.