MUA: Original Xbox SE mod - (new download link)

Started by Teancum, March 19, 2007, 08:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks so much for the update...we truly appreciate all of your hard work!

JNet

:hulk_icon:

Just checking in...anything new?

JNet

:hulk_icon:

Nothing of note.  Still inching along, but I'm finding a lot of issues with the conversion.  All of the other characters work perfect, but there are about a dozen of Hulk's files that don't want to work on the Xbox.  I've got it hooked up to my workstation now, which means it's 10x faster for me to test.  I'll post once I've got news.

I'm not sure who keeps adding something one Wikipedia about the upcoming version of this mod (I have a good idea on who it is), but please stop.  I have no idea what the final plans are, so until it's done please stop mentioning it.

NEWS!!!

• :hulk_icon: Hulk is still giving me trouble, but I'm still moving forward, one file at a time.  I'm really sorry for all the delays, everyone who's been waiting has been super cool about it all, so thanks for that.
  • :ifist: Iron Fist and  :warmachine: War Machine have all their sounds in!  Iron Fist is now 100% complete, and War Machine just needs a tweak here and there to match his PC counterpart.
  • I "stole" the PSP codes for the PSPers simulator disc locations.  That means Gambit, Hulk, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, and War Machine will all have comic missions.  You will lose some of the "Next-Gen" versus missions, but you'll be able to unlock these characters' 4th costumes.
  • Load screens (both regular and comic) are done for all the new characters.
Percent Complete: 90%
To-Do: Fix Hulk, finish simulator missions, minor tweaks.

... I'm still working on Hulk, but pretty much everything else is down.  I've narrowed the problem down to about 4 files, but after looking and looking and looking there is no reason why they should give me trouble.  SO, if I can't figure it out then I'm going to literally replace Colossus with Hulk's models, change a few things and call it good.  Since we aren't using Colossus anyways he would be a better base to use if I can't get the current version to work.

Found a few bugs when playing as War Machine last night.  Nothing related to his PC release, but still stuff I needed to fix for the Xbox.

I'll warn you ahead of time there's one bug I couldn't fix.  When starting a new game (after beating the game) and putting War Machine on your team you can't change costumes until you get to the first save point, even though you should be able to when you select him.

Hey Teancum...hope all is well!

Thanks for your constant work on this project..we have not forgotten about you.  My son turned 5 today...He asked me to check with "the dude on Marvel" about the Hulk progress....so here I am.

Thanks again!

JNet

Yep, still trying to figure out why Hulk isn't working.  Other characters are all but done.

GOOD NEWS!

I finally finished a "Colossus copy" of Hulk.  It's basically all of Colossus' powers, but with Hulk's skins, textures, sounds, etc.  It ended up looking/playing really great.  So he's 98% done now.  I want to change some of the effects to a green color to match Hulk, but he actually rocks with Colossus' powers.  And since we're not using Colossus it works out great.

So now I just need to do the sim missions and trim up this/that on the characters.  YAY!