MUA: Original Xbox SE mod - (new download link)

Started by Teancum, March 19, 2007, 08:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I got mine off the intranets... I forget what it is called, though. If you just want the file that goes in the 'Plug-Ins/File Formats' folder, Here.

Here are the ones in my posession. The archives are labeled according to the internal numbers, the tags are given by the version the plug-in window shows. Yep.
v6.00 - the best choice for PSP and PS2 skinning as well as XML2 and X-Box stuff.
v5.-something-or-other - second best for PS2 skinning, non-applicable to the PSP. Also good for XML2 and X-Box.
v7.83 - the index format is BUSTED, which makes it useless for PS2 and PSP skinning; the alpha channel segment SUCKS which makes it useless for XML2 and X-Box purposes. But it does make good DXT1s, which makes it a better choice for MUAPC skinning... for those who can't get MUASkinner to work.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Update:

-Thanks to BliZZ's awesome Gambit mod, he's nearly complete.  All that's left now is to find out exactly which fb fightstyle_default goes inside and getting Xbox-compatible icons for Gambit.
-Additional research has been done on simulator missions.  It's not hard at all to do a new mission now.  Also, Xbox1 does not have the sound files for the Next-Gen simulator missions, so those will be scrapped in favor of Moon Knight/Gambit/Hawkeye *hopefully, gotta ask Tommy for a PS2 export, but I'm not ready for him*/Surfer simulator missions.  That being said, I might actually replace Surfer along the way as he's cool, but he doesn't have enough variety to really be someone you'd play a lot.
-Speaking of sim missions, I've been toying with who to have Moon Knight fight.  I think I've found him.  Titannus.  It's another Skrull sim, and I can just paste his junk into the bottom of another fb easily.
-I'm currently poking around in the XML2 x_voice.zss.  My goal is to delete files that overwrite MUA stuff for Wolvie, Deadpool, Storm, Iceman and Ironman.

And Colossus. Don't forget him :nod:

Oh yeah.  Didn't mention him though because he gets the free slot.

I meant for x_voice, dude :nod:

Oh, the Xbox version won't matter, as big C still uses Demolition as his special.

Played with the team select menu a bit more last night.  After editing team_back.xmlb, I've decided that the two XML2 conversions will be secret characters.  You have to highlight Spider-Woman then press 'up' to get one or 'down' to get the other.

Saves me actually -- neither Beast nor Gambit have mannequins so having them as secret chars works well.

In other news, subbed in a PC mesh, Captain Marvel as the mannequin for Moon Knight.  He didn't appear, but there was no lock up either (since the Xbox can't CTD :P).  On looking into it further it seems that the problem was the DXT3 textures.  I'm going to hunt around for one of his models that isn't DXT3.

Which is funny, since XML2XBOX and XML1XBOX use DXT3. MUAXBOX uses both DXT1 and DXT3 though.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, I'm not sure why he didn't show, I just assumed it was DXT3.  I'm going to look further into it by replacing MK's mannequin with other Tommy models, then I'll try again to reinsert them as playable.

Since PC models don't work on the Xbox, I've started reskinning Torchy as Captain Marvel.  Below is my first test, just to see where the UV maps are.  You'll see tons of things off.  This is more a 'proof of concept'.  Thanks to Noel for getting the offsets/screenshot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/ivan_k/Marvel/MUA/Cap-Torch.jpg

Updates:

--Gambit now plays properly.  Yeah, I cheated a bit.  The _nc gets the XML1 animations (the staff is hidden), while in-game he uses a combination of the XML2 animations and Icemans 4_combat.  Interestingly enough you it doesn't look bad at all when jumping to the team menu in-game.  I thought it would look funny, him using XML2 animations w/o his staff, but it really works out well.
--Still have to add his interact_victim and icons

On a side note, icons for the Xbox are 8888 = 24 + 8, 128x128, and BGRA.  The 'shift' value is 58, if that helps at all.  I've got Gambit's icons ready, but I gotta confess the texture tools confuse me.

Figured out TextureFinder/MUASKINNER a week or two ago, Gambit's icons are now done for Xbox.  All I have left to do is his skin-specific portraits and I'm done.  No mannequin since he's a XML2 model.

Offset:
gambit_icons.igb,ARGB,128,128,4466.

April 27, 2007, 08:03PM #58 Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 08:06PM by Teancum
Very early Original Angel skin (from Angel as Death).  Lots of work left to do

-Adjust according to reference pic
-Add a belt (the X is going to suck!)
-Sharpen soft edges
-Get the very last mip offset

Reference:

When did Angel get boobs?  :P  Maybe it's a bad angle, but the first pic looks like he's packing something under the hood there.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.