MUA: Original Xbox SE mod - (new download link)

Started by Teancum, March 19, 2007, 08:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Teancum on March 19, 2007, 08:07PM
IN-PROGRESS:
  -Flashback: Avengers (XML2 NYC) boss is Electro

Is that possible? To use XML2 levels in MUA sim missions?

Exactly HOW would you mod this onto an XBox?

By knowing how to do it, perhaps?

Xbox (or any console) modding requires what I'm going to call 'extensive knowledge' of how to cut, copy, paste and generally use a hex editor (understanding hex values, offsets, etc).  You gotta know all that on top of how to mod for PC.

---Updates---

Gambit: 98%
--Removed Detonation power, re-inserted Ace of Spades (card trap)
------Works, but only 2 cards appear.  Checking into things
--Detonation is now used as his grab smash.  Thanks to BliZZ for the idea
--Four skins are in: Modern, AoA, Xtreme, and Classic
--All icons and portraits complete
--All powers and melee moves complete

Angel:
--All powers working and finished
--All portraits and icons complete
--No grab-smash.  Can't think of a good one (the PC version used Captain Marvel's assets, I can't do that)
--Four skins: Modern, Horseman of Apocalypse, Archangel, Original (one of these may be changed for Xtreme, to allow for a Xtreme team bonus)

Havok: (was going to be Nightcrawler, changed)
--Finished for XML2, not started for MUA
--Four skins: Modern (XML1), Classic (XML2), Xtreme, Ultimate

Colossus:
--Either Retro or Astonishing is being removed to have his Xtreme skin put in

Storm:
--Retro is replaced by Xtreme (retro is Bloodstorm, which is the ugliest Storm ever)

Marvel's grab-smash = Iron Man's grab-smash

Yeah I'm sortof stuck still on Angel though.  I'm using Cage's animations since they're the most generic melee.  So I've got Cage's and Angel's animations to choose from to make a grab smash.  I'll come up with something, but I know I don't wanna copy Cage's.

I am really looking forward to trying these mods.  Angel and Havok?  That's very cool.  I know a couple of things about hacking on the X/B (or at least working my way through some of the mods out there)and it's not easy stuff.  It must take a lot of time test your mod versions.  Thanks again for your efforts on this.  You've got patience dude.  I've got my 7-zip and hex editor rarin' to go! 

Eagerly anticipating this mod. I love what you have planned and I hope to play it soon!

Updated the first post.  Just have a few small last things to do, then a weekend of gaming with friends to make sure everything works right.  Hoping to have it out by Aug 6th (my birthday).  You'll probably have to hunt for a torrent since with sounds it's a big download, but I might try to make a do-it-yourself install version that only contains the files needed to put into the wad + sounds.

can someone tell me I can get a hex editor please

see the first post of this thread for modding tools including a hex editor (there is a link to a hex editor):
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=698.msg12807#msg12807
xv132

How would you put this stuff into an XBox?

Your Xbox has to be modded, check xbox-scene to find out how.