MUA: Original Xbox SE mod - (new download link)

Started by Teancum, March 19, 2007, 08:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Do you have a modded PS2?  Sounds like a silly question, I know.  And I'm not sure whether the PS2 release even works.  I don't have a modchip in my PS2 so I couldn't test it, but I modified only the files necessary to active the unused content, so it should work.

Yeah, it's modded. Unchanged the ISO file works just fine. But when replacing the .wad file it won't even load.

The PS2 mod probably won't work then.  I changed two files that should work independent of platform, but if that doesn't seem to make things work then I dunno.

January 15, 2008, 08:51AM #154 Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 08:55AM by Teancum
Xbox updates:
The next release will be a sound-only patch.  There's other updates I can do, but I want people to have a chance to find more bugs, and a sound update won't make you start a new game.  Here's a quick breakdown:
-New voice actor for Angel, Phil Tanzini.  He voiced the male version of Jaden Korr in Jedi Academy
-Rebuild of Moon Knight's sounds.  He'll have a lot more to say this time around
-Additional voice lines for Gambit, Wolverine, Iron Man, Iceman, Storm and Deadpool (taken from XML1/XML2).  They'll have more lines in the character select screen as well as in-game.

In the future I plan on replacing Nick Fury with The Punisher, updating a few moves on Gambit and Angel, and fixing Colossus' Xtreme name.  I'm waiting for awhile on that however so that you all can finish the game through once if you'd like.

January 19, 2008, 02:45AM #155 Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 03:00AM by iammingy
Quote from: Teancum on January 14, 2008, 11:25AM
Do you have a modded PS2?  Sounds like a silly question, I know.  And I'm not sure whether the PS2 release even works.  I don't have a modchip in my PS2 so I couldn't test it, but I modified only the files necessary to active the unused content, so it should work.

Have you tried the modded version in the PCSX2 emulator for PC?
http://www.pcsx2.net/compat.php?&c=m&s1=1&s2=1&s3=1&s4=1&s5=1&p=2
MUA was classified as "playable" in version 0.9.4.

Here's a screenshot in game not taken by me:
http://www.pcsx2.net/image.php?id=1178601615j08

EDIT: The person from "Superherohype" could have tried this so wouldn't need to waste 5 DVDs...haha. Sorry to hear that though.

I couldn't try it myself because I don't have the PS2 BIOS. You guys who own a PS2 (or.. have access to the BIOS :P) should definitely try it on your own.

I've made a PS2 mod, including Moonknight and Colossus (with items), plus next gen Comic Missions. I just downloaded the pack with assetsfb.wad at the beggining of the post. Now I'm trying to make XML characters for use in MUA.
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

yes! finally, been searching a long time..if they can mod guitar hero, this game is possible...anyway, wish someone would mod 360 and psp characters into ps2..and maybe a few added characters..thanks..like psylocke and white queen, they're hot! woohoo!

wow good for you can you please put the mod here so we can try it too pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Removed the PS2 mod from the first post since it doesn't work.

I'm glad to see that some people are talking about mod'ing in the XBox platform... 
but I guess it's still not available for the XBox360, huh?
Or is it?  Has anyone ported some mods into the XBox360 environment?

I know the XBOX version contains some extra stuff from the PSP exclusives... Do the PSP (MUA) anims work on the XBOX?

I am asking because I wonder if I can build a male Ronin mod for the XBOX using the PSP anims. Otherwise, I will have to change plans.