MUA: Original Xbox SE mod - (new download link)

Started by Teancum, March 19, 2007, 08:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Teancum on July 17, 2008, 09:39AM
Iron Fist is moving right along (finished the port last night).  He's a direct port of PC Iron Fist (3 fightstyles and all), so all of the moves are the same, but he doesn't have Tommy's models, since they don't work on Xbox.

To-Do:
-Get permission from Iammingy before a public release
-Get a DXT3 version of the dragon head projectile
-Two more skins (working with Iammingy)
-A mannequin

Iammingy, this is as good of a place as any, but if you don't have any changes you're doing to Iron Fist from version 1.4 then I'll handle the porting of all the code.  All I'll need is a mannequin, the dragon head, the bolton collar for the Classic skin, and to decide on the 4th skin.  I'm just trying to make sure it's less work for you, brother.  Anyways, I dunno how far your port was, but I just figured we'd merge where we are and I can do all the boring stuff for you. :P  Is that cool?

Oh, that's good. Less work for me. :D I should be able to upload the DXT3 mannequin the DXT3 dragon head tonight. The DXT3 collar might take quite a bit of work aligning to right angle and the right place. So, this would be the last thing to do. I have been think about the skins, too. The Tounament costume is PS2, which means 1 down 3 to go. I am curretnly working on the Modern costume. The Guardian skin is quite hard to skin, especially the chest. It will take some time. Once I got the Modern costume done, I should be able to make a Classic Green and Red pretty easily (I hope). :ifist:

The Hulk :hulk_icon: still needs a bit of work. All I can show you now is the list of powers, most of which are Zedja's request. These are built based on Wolverine's Rage system:

1. Gamma Punch - Massive punch that cause knockbacks.
-> 2. Fury Attack - Multiple punch attack with each hit increasing attack speed for a time.

3. Shockwave Stomp - Stomps the ground doing radial $DMG and sends a shockwave forward, popping enemies into the air.
-> 4. Thunder Clap - Claps his hands, creating a devastating blast of shockwave in a radius that stuns nearby enemies.

5. Coathanger - Charges forward, tackling an enemy and beating him mercilessly.
-> 6. Spine Breaker - Grabs an enemy and smashes him to the ground. High chance of instant kill.

7. Unleashed Fury - Boosts $DMG, speed, defense, and rage.
-> 8. Roar - Ferocious scream that frightens opponents for a time, decreasing their defenses.

9. Hulk Smash - Leaps into the air and comes back down doing massive radial $DMG.

Sweet.  For now I'm gonna put in Iron Fist's Ultimate skin so I can play around with +1 skins.  The three you thought of sound like the best ones to use though.  I sortof thought the masked/shirtless one in the loadscreen would be a cool skin, but honestly beggars can't be choosers :P.

I'll also just go ahead and build all the HUDs and whatnot too, that way when we're ready to insert the Guardian reskins the packages will be ready.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

*EDIT* -- Iron Fist's ground pound move:  What animation does ea_attack_ground2 come from?

I thought you said the Ultimate (Quicksilver) costume doesn't work on the XBOX?

Oh, the 2 animations for the ground pound move are in the 600KB-700KB common_combat.igb. They are shared animations which everyone (in the game) can use, so you can't find them in the 3 character-specific animation sets I used. :D

Quicksilver's model works on the Xbox (since it's XML2) just not the PS2 obviously.  I dunno if I can hide the outline skin though.

July 18, 2008, 04:36PM #199 Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 05:06PM by iammingy
Quote from: Teancum on July 18, 2008, 04:30PM
Quicksilver's model works on the Xbox (since it's XML2) just not the PS2 obviously.  I dunno if I can hide the outline skin though.

Oh, this is great!!!

Here is the mannequin for XBOX. It looks smoother than the PC version. I will upload the PC version later.
http://www.box.net/shared/mu8c5x9cg4

Chi Dragon:
http://www.box.net/shared/bv2lhvdc84

No offense or anything, but Iron Fist is like the most popular mod here, how did you miss that?

Well, Quicksilver's outline won't hide, but luckily Guardian's does.  So no worries there Iammingy, we'll just do Green, Red and Modern along with Tournament --- Speaking of which, I'm nearly done. :D:D:D  I can't hunt down a Xbox counterpart for the ground pound animation (it's not in common_combat) so right now I'm using the same animation as Fist To Face.  All of the FX/boltons/mannequin all work great.  Basically I need to just do some minor tweaks, then trim the extra files out of the _nc.fb.  Don't rush on any of the skins or anything.  When they're done they're done.  Until then Iron Fist is ready.

On a different note, now that Xbox Iron Fist is nearly done it'll be time to focus back on War Machine fully :D

Quote from: Teancum on July 19, 2008, 08:39PM
Well, Quicksilver's outline won't hide, but luckily Guardian's does.  So no worries there Iammingy, we'll just do Green, Red and Modern along with Tournament --- Speaking of which, I'm nearly done. :D:D:D  I can't hunt down a Xbox counterpart for the ground pound animation (it's not in common_combat) so right now I'm using the same animation as Fist To Face.  All of the FX/boltons/mannequin all work great.  Basically I need to just do some minor tweaks, then trim the extra files out of the _nc.fb.  Don't rush on any of the skins or anything.  When they're done they're done.  Until then Iron Fist is ready.

On a different note, now that Xbox Iron Fist is nearly done it'll be time to focus back on War Machine fully :D

Ok, thanks! :D

July 21, 2008, 04:31AM #205 Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:46AM by iammingy
Quote from: Midnight Curse on July 19, 2008, 07:41AM
WOW! What does the chi dragon do and what is it for? Is it the thing that comes out during the Dragon Spirit projectile attack?
Quote from: Midnight Curse on July 20, 2008, 09:56PM
I know it is the most popular. However, what does that chi dragon do to enhance the mod?

Whether it is popular or not..... Stop pretending. You were one of the people who asked for that feature:

Quote from: Midnight Curse on February 21, 2008, 05:07AM
That Akuma power looks really cool!

How about Iron Fist's move from FoF? Where he summons the dragon spirit?
Quote from: Midnight Curse on February 22, 2008, 05:28AM
Coolio! Controllable projectiles are indeed really cool. However, Danny's Dragon Spirit move in FoF is more of a radial type attack. This is still way cooler, anyhow! :thumbsup2:

Now you are asking why that dragon head is here? @_@

Quote from: Teancum on July 21, 2008, 03:32AM
Download the mod and find out dude.

I'm currently on vacation, so I am away from my home computer.

Quote from: iammingy on July 21, 2008, 04:31AM
Whether it is popular or not..... Stop pretending. You were one of the people who asked for that feature:

Yes I did ask for that power. And I'm wondering if that Chi Dragon is just the individual power by itself to personally add on if one person wants that power, but downloaded an earlier version of that mod. Just like the two Rising and Dashing Dragon Punch moves on your first post.

July 21, 2008, 12:05PM #208 Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 12:09PM by iammingy
Quote from: Midnight Curse on July 21, 2008, 10:00AM
I'm currently on vacation, so I am away from my home computer.

Yes I did ask for that power. And I'm wondering if that Chi Dragon is just the individual power by itself to personally add on if one person wants that power, but downloaded an earlier version of that mod. Just like the two Rising and Dashing Dragon Punch moves on your first post.

Uh... my English isn't that bad; I can read. This isn't what you asked earlier. Either way, you are contradicting yourself from time to time. I am not gonna argue with you anymore. Other people can clearly see what's going on...
------------------------------------------------------------

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

Teancum, I found that ground-pounding animation in PS2's common_combat from combat.fb. It's just called ground_attack2. It's shared and it's just that default punching ground animation that almost eveyone uses for punching enemies lying on the ground. So, Iron Fist should be able to use it without adding anything in his FBs. It should be the same for XBOX. :)

Cool, I was having trouble hunting it down.  I'll fix that tonight and get back to work on the sounds.  I'm working on a new soundset using the main character's voice from Star Trek Elite Force II.  For those wondering what he sounds like, he's the white guy with dark hair in THIS YouTube vid.

Would you mind PMing me Hulk's models?  I'd like to get his FBs started too.