MUA: Original Xbox SE mod - (new download link)

Started by Teancum, March 19, 2007, 08:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 19, 2007, 08:07PM Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 12:05PM by Teancum
DISCLAIMER: These mods require a modded Xbox.  If your console isn't modded this mod will not work.  Also, this is not the place to ask how, Google is your friend.  You will also need your ORIGINAL disc as this mod only contains the update files.  For those who know how to run content on your modded system, simple instructions are included with each download so you can use it.  Again, you need the original disc to install this correctly.  We ain't running some warez station here, and it's only like 20 bucks now.

XBOX: **These screens are from the PC version, but these are the exact skins to be in-game
- :moonk:Moon Knight.  Uses PS2 skins (and has a 4th by Noelemahc)
Classic, Ultimate, Khonshu, Retro *NEW*

--New Simulator Disc, location and villain undisclosed

- :hulk_icon:Hulk.  Uses PS2 skins (mod by Iammingy)
Classic, Ultimate, Joe Fixit, Red Hulk

--New Simulator Disc, the Omega Base RAMPAGE!
--Defeat M.O.D.O.K. to unlock him

- :gambit:Gambit.  XML2 Conversion *REPLACES Elektra (sim mission and all)*
Ultimate, Age of Apocalypse, Xtreme, Classic (not shown)

--New Simulator Disc, location and villain undisclosed
--He can pick the lock on Dr Strange's door
      -His dialogue is "ol' Gambit dun already picked the lock!"

- War Machine.  (mod by Teancum, skins by Iammingy/Overload, mannequin by Overload)
*Iron Man would get his Heroes Return armor from XML2 in place of War Machine (3rd skin)*
Classic, Modular, Initiative, Ultimate

--Simulator - VS Crimson Dynamo in Asgard (replaces VS Crimson Dynamo disc)

- :ifist:Iron Fist. (mod by Iammingy)  *REPLACES Nick Fury
Tournament, Classic, Ultimate, Classic (Red)

--Simulator - VS Lizard on the Helicarrier (replaces VS Lizard disc)

-Next-Gen Simulator Missions.  Two of the next-gen missions!
-Review Menu.  There's new loadscreens AND comics to view for all the playable characters, plus ones for the PSP characters.  They are unlocked by default so you can view them at any time.
-Team Bonuses. --New team bonuses (with sounds) have been added:   (will be updated)
Raven Avengers
Angel
Storm
Daredevil
Mr Fantastic
Colossus
Ghost Rider

Raven Knights
Iron Man
Human Torch
Iceman
Angel
Deadpool
Moon Knight
Gambit
Spiderman

Special Ops
Deadpool
Moon Knight
Nick Fury
Iron Man
Mr Fantastic
Gambit
Elektra
Luke Cage

------------------------------------

Thanks
THX - for the site and being a cool all around guy
BliZZ - for the initial Gambit mod (PC) and some Angel updates
Iammingy - For the Iron Fist and Hulk mods, plus excellent skins
Overload - for mannequins
Noel - for research
The folks at xentax.com - for help with research

DOWNLOAD LINK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTHER PROJECTS:
http://www.gametoast.com/ -- The Star Wars Battlefront Conversion Pack (look in the forums)

whoa!  Mod a console game!?  How often is this done?

Kudos to you for taking on the project.  Hope you are able to come up with some wicked stuff  :stirthepot: :naughty:

Dude, this is exactly what we need - expanding the unity out onto the other platforms! :D
Seriously, good luck with this, and feel free to ask for any help (and post screensnaps if you can, too!).

My two cents:
QuoteFirst skin works great, second froze the game
The X-Box only has the one skin, IIRC. Have to check, of course, but I think it is so. :(
QuoteOdds are they might work on the Xbox.
Yeah, I also would like to believe so. Get back to me on this in a week or so, I will have access to the full X360 fileset by then :D

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, MK has @BADFILE errors for every description in his details menu.  Powers, outfits, etc.  I'll see if I can find a way to capture screens, but a cell-phone cam may be the best I can do :P

Tomorrow I'll get Cyclops in, cuz Dr. Strange has GOT to go.  I'll have to change the script at the Sanctum so that you can get into his room w/o him on your team.

It's not impossible to rebuild all of MK's files... except for the skins, of course, as there's no way we can do those. I don't suppose the PS2 FBs would work on the Box, would they?

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, I'd be willing to try any other platform's version of the files.  All of the shipped packages have a .fb extension.  Not sure if that's platform-independent, or even if that helps.

Give this a whirl (I expect you already know what to do with those):
http://www.marvelmods.com/noelemahc/MKPS2packs.rar
Let's find out more about how this shtuff works, shall we? :D
It's a simple matter, but it will simplify the porting of further mods significantly :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

Worked like a charm.  His 2nd and 3rd outfit now are selectable without a freeze.  So that leaves his mannequin, his VO (Voice Overs) and killing off this error for his powers and for his first costume (which can be selected)

!BADFILE@HERO_MOONKIGHT@OU (all I can read) for his Classic Costume
and similar errors for his powers.

I played him most of the way through the Helicarrier, he seemed to work just fine.  Powers, fighting styles, etc.  So that's good news there.

Hmm...  What format are the PSP packages in?  I wonder if they have the same format as the Xbox.  Anyways, if you can rar up MK's first costume that will probably kill those errors off.  And would it be possible to rar up the PSP Hawkeye's packages?  Just for the sake of attempt.

Holy sheep! I hadn't expected the PS2 files to work on the Box. Let's try this the same way then, with the other files...
http://www.marvelmods.com/noelemahc/NGPS2rip.rar
This here has MK's first costume and the voices for both him and Colossus. Rename ENM to ZSM and ENS to ZSS for proper readings.
I WILL get you the X360 sounds once I get them - which will be by the end of this week, probably.

For the PSP... The packages are different ONLY for the PC, they are universal across the other platforms...

First, test it with an existing char, here's Moony again:
http://www.marvelmods.com/noelemahc/MKPSPrip.rar
And if THAT works, here's Hawky:
http://www.marvelmods.com/noelemahc/HWKPSPrip.rar
That will spare you the misery of adding Hawky only to find out he won't work (b-sides, you will need different mannequin menu FBs for using the PSPers).

Crimson Dynamo says:

Sweet, MK's first costume is fixed.  The VO, unfortunately, didn't.  The PSP costumes won't work either.  But at least the PS2 files worked.

So you were talking about the mannequin menu fb.  I'm assuming that's team_back.fb?  And, if so:

-Is that where the mannequin files are stored
-Do we have the 360 or PS2 version of that?
-Is there a way to build console-version .fb files?

Update:

-MK is done, I'm currently toying with the extra voices to see what fits him.  I'll probably stick with Capt. Marvel's since I'd like to get Hawkeye (Tom's) in there eventually.

Let me paraphrase it. I have the full disc images (and consequently, all the files from them) of MUA in the following versions:
- PC
- PS2
- PSP
- X-Box

Moreover, I will posess the disc image of the X360 version by Saturday, probably. Legal counsel suggests you do not ask where I got them from and you will hear no lies. In the meantime, let me remind you that FBs are just the files listed in the PC version's PKGBs that have been spliced together, with the actual file data replacing references to those files' locations.

Crimson Dynamo says:

*fix*

MK is not entirely done, he's still got the missing mannequin bug, but for now I'm working on converting Cyclops.  Odds are I'll need to update the X-Box XML2 fbs to match the PC Cyclops mod.

Or rather rebuild them from scratch, considering XML2 and MUA have very different opinions on what a hud_head makes :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

I hate sounding ignorant, but I'm still confused on how you'd build fb files. The Xbox doesn't like to read anything outside of the fb file, as I've tried doing a bit of that.