MUA: Original Xbox SE mod - (new download link)

Started by Teancum, March 19, 2007, 08:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 20, 2007, 08:19PM #15 Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 08:28PM by Teancum
I gave up on Cyclops for now until I can figure out more on how to build the fb files needed for the Xbox format.

Instead of putting him in I'm trying to get Nightcrawler as a playable using in-game assets.  Here's my most recent failed attempt: (lockup on selection, no mannequin) --I'm downloading the Avengers mod to see how Vision was inserted.

stats {
   ailevel = 1 ;
   autospend = support ;
   body = 5 ;
   body = 200 ;
   characteranims = 47_nightcrawler ;
   charactername = Nightcrawler ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 2 ;
   mind = 12 ;
   moveset1 = moveset_flying ;
   name = DrStrange ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_meph_nightcrawler ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 4701 ;
   skin_01_name = Classic ;
   sounddir = mnight_m ;
   strength = 4 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 5 ;
      Race {
      name = Mutant ;
      }

Race {
      name = XMen ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = dead_p1 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = dead_tele ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = melee_moves ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = dead_stealth ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = block ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = grab ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = healing_factor ;
      }

BoltOn {
      anim = 200_nightcrawler_tail ;
      bolt = Bip01 Spine1 ;
      model = 20026 ;
      slot = ebolton_tail ;
      }

}

Would someone be willing to run a few of the XML1/2 meshes (or Tom's Hawkeye) back through Alchemy with an Xbox export?  At this point I'm ready to knock out another character replacement.

Only Tom has Tom's meshes for export. He's picky like that :D

How FBs are made:

1. Decide order of file appearance.
2. Each file gets 196 bytes worth of pre-header data; beginning with the full file path from root (i.e. actors/1001.igb; the file type and length -- see any FB in hex editor for examples).
3. Each resulting file is C&Ped in a binary merge (best done via hex editing) in the order you've decided on. The order doesn't matter at all, though the game uses the principle of LEVELS->WEAPON MODELS->SKELETONS->CHARACTER MODELS->HUD_HEADS->ICONS->EFFECTS->TEXTURES FOR EFFECTS->ENTITIES->FIGHTSTYLES.
4. Save end result file as FB.

I can't tell you about the parameters you have to set in the 196-byte header though, as I only rip the files apart, hadn't had to build them yet.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, I'm a moron.  Here I am thinking the whole time that the Xbox doesn't read anything unless it's in .fb format.  More than likely the problem lies in the actual IGBs, which are all formatted for PC.  I snagged the Xbox Captain Marvel last night and am going to tinker with it tonight to see if it loads or not.

In other news, I thought it might be fun to give Colossus and MK their own comic missions, so that's my other project.  Any preferences on who they should fight?

March 22, 2007, 05:18PM #18 Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 05:44PM by Teancum
Another limitation:  Four outfits is the max.  Added a Xbox XML2 Wolverine skin as the 5th, entered the cheat, did not appear.  I'm recompiling the herostat with the XML skin in the fourth slot.

*EDIT*

Success, XML2 skins will work in place of other MUA skins.

Gambit now replaces Nick Fury.  I always thought it was dumb that you could play as him.  Everything works correctly except for his melee moves, but if I can't fix it I'll probably still leave it be.

Hey Noel, can I get the 360 moonknight_4101 files?  (For mannequin purposes)

The mannequins are stored in packages\generated\maps\package\menus\characters_heads.fb (and the _ng and _pc subversions). Here's the PS2 version:
http://h1.ripway.com/ivank/characters_heads_ng.rar
If these won't work by just putting them INTO the folder, merge this with the common characters_heads.fb via hex.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

March 23, 2007, 07:50AM #21 Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 08:04AM by Teancum
Do we know whether we can remove files in the zss via the registered Game Extractor?  If so we can simply learn who's who inside x_voice.zss and make individual sound packs.

*edit* -- Success.  I hexed MK into characters_heads and he showed up.  So now MK is done.

Okay, so I'm one question after another.  Can we extract MK's textures?  I have no trouble reskinning a fourth skin, but I'd need to have the file in a format Photoshop can read.

1. Dude, you're panicky. The Box HAS those mannequins in its own characters_heads_ng.fb - you just gotta paste them in. No, you don't have to change anything, just binary merge the _ng file with the uncommented one.
2. It can't do duck in that direction; it's far more comfortable to do it by hand via hex - it's just that nobody besides me seems to have devoted any time to studying the format and/or my notes on it and thusly, it sounds as if if I don't do it, it simply won't happen. Bleh, I have enough on my plate as it is.

If you need a more comfy breakdown on hex-editing the ZSSes, read the existing one in the Knowledge Base and ask away :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

I noticed slot 70xx seems to be unused.  (XML Sentinel).  I never saw one in-game, I just want to confirm I can overwrite it before I get started.  Did anyone ever see it in-game?  If not I'm going for it.

First post updated with progress and Xbox findings.

Yes, it isn't used in PS2, therefore it's free on the 'Box too, I assume.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Well, Gambit is now in slot 70.  In other news, I did a binary copy/paste of Hawkeye's IGB into MK as the fourth costume, just to see.  I finally figured out what you mean by 196 bytes, I just had to sit down and really take a look.  I figure if this works then I know PC models will work, and I can update Gambit to the PC versions so there's no cel-shading.

Speaking of Gambit, do we have the tech yet to actually create Mannequins of XML chars?

Hmm, got a dirty disc error when selecting Hawkeye.  Bummer.

Also, I found Blizz's fix for XML2 characters' melee moves.  (fightstyle_default)  Where should I copy/paste that into the fb?  I realize I need to add the header, but am I looking at each gambit_70xx.fb etc?

No, you'd append those to the charname_fightstyles.FB, I would think.
And his more recent fix features using the XML2 skeleton as the non-combat one and a fitting MUA skeleton as the 4_combat one, this saves you the trouble of dealing with the default.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Naw, the default is still used (for Gambit/Juggs, at least, I've been using the _4_combat for all chars since)

I do NOT know where that fightstyle_default file would go in the fbs. Sorry.

Noel, how did you pull the cel shading outline from the XML characters.  Did you just remove all references of xxxx_outline and all data concerning it?