MUA: Original Xbox SE mod - (new download link)

Started by Teancum, March 19, 2007, 08:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
No. Although that MAY be a brilliant way of fixing the Bishop Gun/Magneto cape!

/goes to test :runaway:

There's no way to remove them as they are part of the model's geometry. MUA just ignores MOST of those entries - AFAIK, only three models actually suffer from them (Bishop, Ultimate Magneto (helmeted version is already in MUAPC, but helmetless isn't) and Mercenary).

Equally, MUA models imported into XML2 will NOT have them, which will make them 'fall out' of the style somewhat.

Sometimes, you guys credit me far more than I'm actually worth XD

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

So far the Xbox still recognizes all of the cel-shading.  Sometimes it seems very much like the Xbox's build is much older, at least in some aspects.

Updates:

-Colossus' sim mission is done.  He fights Crimson Dynamo in Asgard
-Moon Knight's sim mission nearly complete.  He fights Shocker on the Helicarrier
-I have found a way to get new hero sim missions.  Add a hero and set their menulocation to a number that will not appear in the select menu.  Since the sim will look for the hero's name instead of his menulocation you can put in as many hero sim missions as you want.  This means that characters like Nightcrawler and Vision can have their own missions.  See my recent posts in the Extra Slots and New Skirmish/Sim missions topics
-A new VS mission, VS Rhino is nearly complete.  It's just Thing's without frozen Mr. Fantastic and adds the fact that you can select a team.
-I'm really wondering if there's a way to create XML2 mannequins.  Could I copy a mannequin skeleton in via hex to a character, then use that IGB?  Can Tommy import/export XML2 chars as mannequins?
-Nick Fury now has his own sim mission.  At the moment I have him copying Deadpool's mission, but the goal is to replace Dark Spiderman with Dark Cyclops via hex copy/paste.
-I'm going to test XML1 maps this week in the simulator.  How awesome would it be to do the NYC Sentinel mission in the simulator?  Results to come.

How about making Nick Fury's mission against Dark Cap instead of Dark Cyke?  Nick and Cap go back a looooong way.

Hmmm, I'm game for that.  I was going for a new character as a boss, but I'll use Dark Cyc somewhere else.

How about Fury's is against Doom? Kinda like the whole of the game, summed up in one mission?

It's gotta be a fairly simple boss for now.  I can't do anything terribly complicated since I'm just doing hex copy/pastes.

March 25, 2007, 10:38PM #38 Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:56PM by Teancum
Quote from: Noelemahc on March 20, 2007, 10:03PM
Only Tom has Tom's meshes for export. He's picky like that :D

How FBs are made:

1. Decide order of file appearance.
2. Each file gets 196 bytes worth of pre-header data; beginning with the full file path from root (i.e. actors/1001.igb; the file type and length -- see any FB in hex editor for examples).
3. Each resulting file is C&Ped in a binary merge (best done via hex editing) in the order you've decided on. The order doesn't matter at all, though the game uses the principle of LEVELS->WEAPON MODELS->SKELETONS->CHARACTER MODELS->HUD_HEADS->ICONS->EFFECTS->TEXTURES FOR EFFECTS->ENTITIES->FIGHTSTYLES.
4. Save end result file as FB.

I can't tell you about the parameters you have to set in the 196-byte header though, as I only rip the files apart, hadn't had to build them yet.

I've done a bit more research on this.  I can successfully extract Xbox files if I omit a header of 180 bytes.  196 gives me corrupt data.  At least it's that way with engbs.  Not sure what's going on there, but apparently it's a bit different on the box.  I might test PC models again to see if that helped any.

That's an interesting thing. The ENGBs are easily picked 'from the hip' so to speak - the first symbol of a compiled ENGB/XMLB has to be the +/- sign in the cleartext (that's hex code [B1]), and it's always after 196 bytes on my end - and I've pulled apart quite a few, none of them gave me any grief. Before, at least XD

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yep, plus or minus, code 'B1 11 00 00'. Same w/ both PSP games (XML2 and MUA)

March 26, 2007, 07:41PM #41 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:47PM by Teancum
I've been trying to pin down how many bytes of header are used in the igbs so I can swap characters here and there.  It doesn't look like it's 196 -- using a good character will cause a crash if you import their data into another fb.  I'm trying to pin this down so I can tell for sure whether the Xbox Mar-Vell works.  Any pointers as to what I should look for? 

Moonknight_4101.fb, looking at actors/4101.igb, 196 bytes from the a in actors shows this:
D8 04 00 00 32 00 00 00

Thanks for the sticky btw.

Remember that you're using the PS2 Moon Knight. Who knows what mixing up two cross-platform files might cause :D
This file works perfectly on the PC version of XML2, so whatever crashes are caused, are caused by the contents of the 196 bytes - we still don't know what it contains. Might have the file length, or the file type, or whatever else in there.

I'd recommend you harass Iceman instead, he's got the least sidefiles to worry about.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Cool, thanks for the tip.

Request:

Anyone got a link to a proper DDS photoshop plugin?  My Nvidia one loads but will not save, and that's the only way I'm going to be able to port gambit_icons.igb properly.