MUA: Original Xbox SE mod - (new download link)

Started by Teancum, March 19, 2007, 08:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, stupid Death model looks that way.

While working on Angel I could not get certain attacks to work.  I can confirm that PSP skeletons don't work on the Xbox.  Switching out of Captain Marvel's anims worked fine.

Been watching this thread for awhile.  Thanks for your effort on this.

May 09, 2007, 07:59PM #63 Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 08:45PM by Teancum
Thanks for the compliment, man. :D

Just about finished up Angel. 

DONE:
-Portrait for 'modern'
-Effects porting
-Fightstyles, flying and powers porting

TO-DO:
-Additional portraits
-Other skin insertion (very quick to do)
-Porting of my Angel icons
-Make one power around a Cage animation, since I'm using his _4_combat.  (the one where he grabs the guy and spins him around)  It will probably replace one of the two wing spinning powers.

Replace the blade cyclone. It was put in as a "hmmm...wonder what happens if...", and it's by far the least-fitting power. That sucks that Mar-Vell's animations won't work. I thought they were pretty nifty.

Yeah, it's not too big of a loss though.  Cage's anims actually fit really well as the melee anims.  You'd never really know the difference.

Angel now does Cage's "Drill Bit" animation.  I've change the FX so that a shockwave appears when he hits, plus toned down the trails since they were huge.  Same damage as Cage's version, but with a chance to stun.

May 15, 2007, 04:27PM #67 Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 04:29PM by Teancum
At least a month or two.  I've still gotta polish up Angel then finish the final character.  I was gonna do Forge, but I think I'll do Nightcrawler.  I have plans to give him the old XML1/2 punch combos instead of the charged smash attack.  After that I've got a few comic missions to do, but after that we're ready.

Angel Skins:
-Modern
-Horseman (Archangel as Death)
-Archangel (Blue skin, after he was redeemed)
-Original (1960s skin)

I might do that, the only problem is that if I release a first version then everyone will have to start the game over a second time when the final version comes out.  Well, in theory anyways.  I suppose I could just do placeholder Simulator missions and whatnot so all of the variables are accounted for.  Then I can just replace what's already there and the user *might* be able to continue a current game.

Quote from: sabotageX on May 17, 2007, 07:46AM
well i dont see any problem in having to start a new game, who wants to just test/see/play and have fun with the mod, just download the first version
who wants to play the complete mod, because is a newbie and dont understand nothing about modding or dont want to have to start everything again, will have to wait.

the first version will be only for who wants to *see* the mod, how it works and all or just say "OH YEAH MY XBOX VERSION HAVE COLOSSUS AND MK!!! and 2 more secret characters @_@".

but you is the master here, so who decide it is you and i have to admit but i cant wait to see this mod working on my box!!! hehe

thx and bye.

I only understood like half of what you said...
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I'm not mad.  You're just really excited about being able to play with the new characters! :D  I probably won't release anything until it's finished, however.  With a PC version beta testing is easy, but with torrents and the difficulty of installing mods on a console the only version released will be the final version.

First post updated.  I've done massive changes on the sim missions.  For the better I hope.  Any feedback on the sim ideas?

I am really looking forward to messing around with the new characters with my friends, this mod sounds great. I have to ask though, why do you want to get rid of Dr. Strange? He is a blast to play as, his comic book mission is pretty distinct, and he plays a cool role in the storyline. Unlocking Dr. Strange for the first time and exploring the Sanctum Sanctorum was one of the coolest parts of my first play through.

Dr Strange is staying.  That was just an idea that I had floating around.  Nick Fury is the one getting replaced since playing as him breaks the storyline.  He's going to get replaced by Nightcrawler, who only unlocks if you save him from Mephisto.  Right now I'm finishing Nightcrawler for PC so I can port him to Xbox quickly.

What are the chances of getting a few of the slightly more refined skins from the PC version onto the xbox? Such as Thor's classic skin. The xbox version just has those featureless blue circles on his chest that end up looking like missing textures. There are plenty of examples like that between the two versions.