What is everyone's favorite team to play as?

Started by BliZZ, March 20, 2007, 04:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Topic

^(Mine)

I alternate between Ultimate and Classic costumes.

March 20, 2007, 05:58PM #1 Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 06:10PM by Burning Rage

Wolverine is always a mainstay, because I'm unfair and partial like that.  :P  Ms. Marvel is t3h hawt (they made her a support character for some reason...  I changed her to a light bruiser instead, because she seemed more fitting to be similar to characters like Thor, Spiderman, and Elektra who are about mid-range with power usage and melee, as opposed to Storm, Doctor Strange, and Invisible Woman who are strictly power usage), Blade is alright if you try your hardest not to make him suck (which I am...  it just takes some leveling up of his talents), and Invisible Woman is REALLY good... really. (seriously...  I <3 her)  My other team members include Spiderman (*shrugs* always been somewhat of a Spiderman fan, and his spidey sense is handy, as well as his web bullets) and Elektra.  I usually switch Elektra in most often, because for some reason unknown to man, she deals the most damage out of all my characters.

The more I play the game, the more I decide I'm not going to mod it (well, adding new characters anyway...  I've definitely fixed some powers and modified/switched some passives I felt were absolutely rediculous).  Seriously, I don't care too much about extra characters (well, more is better, but I don't feel the need to replace any of them... although I think Cage is useless).  I think the selection they have is just fine.  I would like Rogue, but I'm just as happy with Ms. Marvel.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Here are my "New Defenders".  Love to play with ranged attacks, switching between Thor throwing Mjolnir, Cap's shield, and Cyke's Optic Blast.  I love the new Venom - Earth X skin and attached it to Spider Woman since she was on my team anyway.  She offers a lot with her health regeneration.  A lot of times, I just close my eyes and pick random teams or use the random feature of Excel to let the PC tell me which character and skin to use.  I need to update that file with all of the changes I've done to my game (swapping Juggernaut for Cage, Gambit for Marvel, Cyke for Surfer and all of the additional skins).

This is the third time I'm playing through the game and again, thanks to all for the mods.  It really makes the game exciting every time through!

This has definitely been my favourite team...

Nightcrawler (Leader), Polaris, Gambit and Shadowcat.

Nightcrawler is from this site's Nightcrawler mod (which is amazing to whoever made it, I forget). Polaris is a skin of Invisible Woman but I only use her telekinesis, telekinetic snare and the fantastic shield since they look alot like Polaris' powers. Gambit is a skin on Moon Knight (I started before the Gambit mod) and uses the crescent darts, staff slam and staff combat. Shadowcat is an Elektra skin that only uses her non-sai moves. That way all the characters powers are really similar to their normal powers.

It does get odd when Gambit says "Another victory for you Khonsu!" but that happens very rarely.

Moon Knight (the skin that starts with K), Iron Man as War Machine, Ghost Rider, Wolverine (ultimate)

Before I got MK working on the Xbox I used Deadpool. 

dayum cvc that rocks!!  I gotta play as Apoc next.  Did you do any of those mods yourself or did you pick em up from around the forum?

Anyway, my team is Juggernaut, Colossus, Deadpool, & Capt. America at the moment.

AFAIK, cvc made all of that - he keeps posting screesnaps of his progress all over the board, you should check those out :D

For me, the team to pick was Deadpool (regen, one-liners), Spider-Woman (the Blast), Daredevil (coolness factor) and Invisible Woman (incredible crowd control prowess) with an occasional addition or removal of Colossus into one of the slots for variety.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

March 22, 2007, 01:20PM #7 Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 01:29PM by cvc
Yeah I made them but buggy as all getout, right now still working on them.When I get them done I'll up them,they play but not good for release yet.Plus I keep getting sidetracked on other char
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

March 22, 2007, 05:34PM #8 Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 05:36PM by iammingy
Team in first game: Black Panther(modern), Spider-woman(classic), Ghost Rider(Vengeance), Spider-man(symbiote)
Team in second game: Iceman(Bobby), Human Torch(modern), Thing(modern), Silver Surfer

Spiderman(symbiote), Wolverine(classic), Human Torch(modern), Iceman(Bobby).

Classic Avengers, of course - the Classic versions of Iron Man, Thor, Cap and Black Panther. (This was my first play through team)

Since playing through again, My Fav Teams to play now are...
-New avengers - Iron Man, Spiderwoman, Wolverine, (w/ Cap, Iron Spidey, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel)
-Against the HAND - Daredevil, Electra, Logan, w/ Moon Knight

Teams I'm looking forward to playing, or would love to play, are...
-Agents of Shield - Nick Fury, Black Widow, Agent Jessica Drew, Logan (or a Guardsman skin on IM)
-Ultimates - Ultimate versions of Thor , Cap, Hawkeye, Iron Man, (Does Black Widow have an ultimate skin? I have yet to install the PSP content... won't until I unlock all the skins officially. SO dan't acytually have Hawky and BW in there yet)
-Omega Flight - USAgent, Aracne, Beta Ray Thor, and (we definitely need a skin for) Sasquatch
-Classic Defenders - Hulk, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, and (we also need a functioning) Namor
-Classic Invaders - WW II Cap, Human Torch, (again, we need) Namor, and the Whizzer (as a skin for Quicksilver) or Winter soldier for Bucky.
- Illuminati - Iron Man, Reed Richards, (again... see why we need him?) Namor, (and a port of) Black Bolt or Professor X

We seem to be just a character away from some amazing teams... so, so close.
Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

My team WITHOUT the mods would be:
Silver Surfer (Power)
Daredevil (Frontline)
Spider-Woman (Air Support)
You can name the last one for me.

Quote from: brohara on March 29, 2007, 03:17PM
Classic Avengers, of course - the Classic versions of Iron Man, Thor, Cap and Black Panther. (This was my first play through team)

Here they are... in a Perez era version, Asguardian armor Thor and the Heroes Return Iron Man suit. Black Panther's armor is cool too.

Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

Yeah, Black Panther's Holy Armor skin looks even "nicer" after he grabs a sword from the Asgardian warriors!