Official Characters -- Beta v4 RELEASED (Oct 26, 2008)

Started by BliZZ, October 26, 2008, 04:45PM

Previous topic - Next topic
when i try to add character mods besides the packs the character name shows up but when i select it the game crashes can anyone help me

I don't know if this will help, but you shouldn't work fast with heroselect. That might be what's making it crash.

Hey guys, having some problems with :colossus: Colossus, he can't pick anything heavy up (but he can pick up damn near anything in the 360 version). I haven't modified his file at all, so he should be basic Beta 4 OC. Anyone know a fix?

You can check your herostats-file if his strength is high enough (i'd say use the value of Wolverine).

Do you have to start a new game everytime you change the herostat or just everytime you install a new mod? Because I didn't start the game until after all of the mods I wanted were installed, but I was having issues with heroselect so I've changed the heroselect a few times.

His strength is set to 10, and we haven't had any other issues with other installed chars as far as I can tell, just him.

Just wanted to update you all again.  I sent rips of the Wii model versions of Black Widow and Ronin to Dark_Mark, and he will be updating their textures and re-exporting them from 3DSMax.  Hawkeye is of course done, and Captain Marvel's models are also finished.  I have been getting the audio from the 360 Gold Edition of the game, so you'll have bigger and better soundsets for all 360 characters.  The crashes and freezes will be fixed, we promise.  BliZZ also created simulator disc pickups for Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Hulk and Captain Marvel, all of which will be installed by default.  No other characters will get a sim disc, though.  He's been missing-in-action since December 30th, so hopefully he comes back and gets us access to his files.

Venom will get his 360 voice and not the voice he has now so that he can have his special conversations. The voice will be modulated (made to sound lower) so he sounds more like the voice we know and love.  The current Venom voice will be opened up for another character that fits that sound.

No time frame of when the final version will be out.  I just wanted to update you.

Teancum:
Just outta curiosity! Since you guys are all working together, will Dark_Mark's versions Hulk, Magneto, Venom mods be incorporated to the Official Pack, or those will still be separated? Are his files being incorporated in any way?

Thanks a lot!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

They'll be part of the pack, but I'm sure Dark_Mark will have them as a separate download as well in case he updates them again in the future.

Quote from: Teancum on January 30, 2009, 07:45PM
They'll be part of the pack...

Meaning the ones from the previous release of the Official Pack will be replaced? 'Cause I don't know about the manikins but the skins are surely different. Really don't know about the tech parts though! And also, Dark_Mark has explained to me that in his Magneto mod there are some bug free files included, right?
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

The only difference between Dark_Mark's mods and the OC mod will be the skins.  For instance, Venom will have his Xbox 360 skins, while Dark_Mark's mod will have different ones.  Other than that they will be exactly the same. 

Great news! I'm looking forward to Magneto's mod that leads to a different ending... but I'll wait 'til the pack is ready.

:sunfire: when i use heroselect and add a new character other than the packs it shows the name when i change my team but when i select the characters the game crashes is ther anyone that can help me

Good things come to those who wait ...
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.