Official Characters -- Beta v4 RELEASED (Oct 26, 2008)

Started by BliZZ, October 26, 2008, 04:45PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The character limit is hard-coded.  The Xbox 360 received an update in the executable that allowed for more characters.  There is no way to have more than 27 characters on the PC.

February 15, 2009, 09:51AM #151 Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 11:37AM by Jacques
         Yeah, I've heard of that for too long, but I'd even bribe someone from Raven Soft to get an update for the PC exe as well... or just tell us where the bug is so we can remove it. Considering it has been out for some time, they should be doing it for the sake of all the Marvel fans out there... :bheart: I still want to have the picture anyway, it make me feel better to have them all there, I'm a completist :juggernaut:

noobie here, Im currently playing with the beta v4 mod just wanted to ask if hulk and hawkeye have special conversations with npc's?
Life's a beach, and then you drown.

played through the mod it was great thanx alot guys for making this mod and hoping for the extra missions...........keep up the good work guys

hey guys, excellent job with this mod its great to have all these other characters, but i do have one problem: when i play the 4th character in battle/mission, that character cant perform his powers no matter which one it is, and if i move him as the 3rd, 2nd or 1st in the game character selection
screen he can do all of them. i can only play 3 characters in the game instead of 4 because the 4th wont do any of his powers or extreme only its melee attacks. please HELP!!!!! 

no glitches guys from start to finish perfect mod love the hawkeye and hulk models specially green and red hulk (my son calls green hulk brocoli head  :hulk_icon:)

February 26, 2009, 11:39AM #157 Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:42AM by Teancum
In the way of updates:

• All of the PSP/Wii models have been converted, thanks to Dark_Mark, and are 100% done.  Captain Marvel, Ronin, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Swordsman are all in-game and done (but you already knew that if you've been following this topic).

• As of right now Iammingy's Black Widow skins won't work with our current updates to Black Widow.  I am looking into setting it up so both the actual BW skins (redone by Dark_Mark) and Iammingy's will work, so you can choose.

• The 360 characters will have their conversation bugs fixed.  No more crashy on the new special convos.  This isn't 100% finished, but is being worked on, so I thought you should know.

• The audio for the special conversations is being ripped by yours truly from my 360.  This is in-game stuff, so some conversations (like Magneto talking to Xavier from Mephisto's Realm) will have some background noise, but 95% of them don't.

• Character audio is also being ripped.  For consistency's sake all characters will have their 360 voices, which means that Venom and Cyclops will sound totally different (different voice actors), and a few others will sound only slightly different (same actors, but it's been a few years since they did this role).  This means Xtreme yells, menu breaks, etc are going to be in.

• BliZZ is back.  He has had some real life issues he's had to deal with (and is still dealing with), but he still has all of his files so once he has more time he'll be able to contribute those.  That means the four extra characters that come installed by default (Moon Knight, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye and Hulk) will all have simulator missions.

Just wanted you guys to know we haven't forgotten about you, but real life creeps up on us, and with so much to do and only 3 of us actively working on the mod it's hard to keep up! 

There is no release date set.  This is to be the final version of the mod so we want to take our time and get it right.

am i late here or something or did something wrong but i installed the current version character mod ver.4  just by simple rar file extraction the default characters that were installed were hulk, hawkeye, moonknight and colossus? is the newer version comes with captain marvel not colossus

The newer version that has Captain Marvel pre-installed hasn't been released yet. If you wish to install Captain Marvel you'll have to replace someone in the herostat with his entry. A video tutorial about this can be found on the Marvel Mods youtube channel.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

February 26, 2009, 07:05PM #160 Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 07:07PM by Chikesnit
ok tried your advice and it worked fine tnx just one note i replaced nick fury with colossus when you try to talk to fury his hud head is gone and beside the blank huds have this %nickfury% before the phrase his saying...............sorry for the questions guys im just naive with these things:(

Search around the threads, there's a "how to" avoid it. If I recall it correctly, just decompile the "npcstat.engb" and add the herostat of the character you replaced, minus the "menulocation line" and then recompile it again, back up the original file, then replace it in the data folder! It worked fine for me.

EG:

stats {
   ailevel = 1 ;
   autospend = support ;
   body = 7 ;
   characteranims = 21_nickfury ;
   charactername = Nick Fury ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 20 ; <------------ REMOVE
   mind = 8 ;
   name = NickFury ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_nickfury ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 2101 ;
   skin_01_name = Classic ;
   skin_02 = 02 ;
   skin_02_name = Stealth ;
   skin_03 = 03 ;
   skin_03_name = Ultimate ;
   skin_04 = 04 ;
   skin_04_name = General Fury ;
   sounddir = fury_m ;
   strength = 6 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 5 ;
      Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = gun_left_segment ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = gun_right_segment ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = grab ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = block ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = nickf_p1 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = melee_moves ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

}
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

i tried it and placed it under the bottom in the npcstat.engb file before compiling still thesame npc fury has no hud (just black) try to look for the "how to" thread cant find any or just did not search enough :P....anyway guys tnx i can do without npc fury's hudhead

Okay, I just trying to upload an edited npcstat file with the herostat of the characters I replaced put at the bottom of the file! Can't seem to access that site anymore. Tell me your e-mail address. I'll send it to you. Just check it, if it helps you, compile it and replace your original one (not forgetting to backup before, of course!)

What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

I'm currently using this one: http://www.mediafire.com/?ozvymwyff2t

Add it in "Marvel - Ultimate Alliance/data", and back up your npcstat.engb just in case.

Besides Nick Fury, it includes Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange (I'm not sure if the same thing happens to them, but I have them in just in case), and the entries needed for Norrin Radd's side missions.