Official Characters -- Beta v4 RELEASED (Oct 26, 2008)

Started by BliZZ, October 26, 2008, 04:45PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gevth on February 26, 2009, 08:58PM
Besides Nick Fury, it includes Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange (I'm not sure if the same thing happens to them, but I have them in just in case), and the entries needed for Norrin Radd's side missions.

It does happen to any replaced character! I've replaced Spider-Woman, Elektra and others before, and when they have any convo, it happens! A good place to try it would be the Stark Lab!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Yes, but at least those are all optional conversations. Anyways, the same process done for Nick Fury will work for all other characters, so that's a good thing. The bad thing is that there's a limit of how many characters you can put in "npcstat.engb", though I can't remember what that limit was.

For the time being, these are all the characters that would need npcstatification:
Everyone of the original 23, minus Ms. Marvel, Human Torch and Luke Cage

?  Why not those three?  I'm pretty sure they all have unique conversations.

Quote from: Teancum on February 26, 2009, 11:39AM
In the way of updates:

• All of the PSP/Wii models have been converted, thanks to Dark_Mark, and are 100% done.  Captain Marvel, Ronin, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Swordsman are all in-game and done (but you already knew that if you've been following this topic).

• As of right now Iammingy's Black Widow skins won't work with our current updates to Black Widow.  I am looking into setting it up so both the actual BW skins (redone by Dark_Mark) and Iammingy's will work, so you can choose.

• The 360 characters will have their conversation bugs fixed.  No more crashy on the new special convos.  This isn't 100% finished, but is being worked on, so I thought you should know.

• The audio for the special conversations is being ripped by yours truly from my 360.  This is in-game stuff, so some conversations (like Magneto talking to Xavier from Mephisto's Realm) will have some background noise, but 95% of them don't.

• Character audio is also being ripped.  For consistency's sake all characters will have their 360 voices, which means that Venom and Cyclops will sound totally different (different voice actors), and a few others will sound only slightly different (same actors, but it's been a few years since they did this role).  This means Xtreme yells, menu breaks, etc are going to be in.

• BliZZ is back.  He has had some real life issues he's had to deal with (and is still dealing with), but he still has all of his files so once he has more time he'll be able to contribute those.  That means the four extra characters that come installed by default (Moon Knight, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye and Hulk) will all have simulator missions.

Just wanted you guys to know we haven't forgotten about you, but real life creeps up on us, and with so much to do and only 3 of us actively working on the mod it's hard to keep up! 

There is no release date set.  This is to be the final version of the mod so we want to take our time and get it right.
with this final release character mod with it be possible just installing the sim missions for just three default characters such as hawkeye, hulk and moonknight and would that be complicated if possible? sorry for the excitement on the progress of the final version mods and just want to retain colossus :colossus:......and a quick note tnx to Xlehnsherr used his edited ncpstat.engb and it worked fine
Life's a beach, and then you drown.

Only the four characters that come with the mod will have sim missions, because those are the only extra simulator disc locations we have (there were four extra disc locations on the PSP).  Since we don't have more discs we can't give everyone a mission.  So if you swap out, for example Hulk for Colossus you will be able to play as Colossus, but will still be able to pick up Hulk's simulator disc.  It will not be Colossus' sim disc (he doesn't have one).

Oh, I should point out one other thing that someone else was kind enough to remind me of. Each level can only have so many conversations, so there will be times where we may have to cut a DLC conversation out entirely to get the game to work.  We'll try to make it as painless as possible.

Quote from: Teancum on February 26, 2009, 11:39AM

Just wanted you guys to know we haven't forgotten about you, but real life creeps up on us, and with so much to do and only 3 of us actively working on the mod it's hard to keep up!

Just wanted to thank you three for all the work you're doing on this mod and elsewhere for this site and MUA.

I was wondering if the new version will (1) correct the Jean Grey problems many people had with Murderworld and (2) replace the white mannequins that are supposed to be android copies of the heroes being played -- Hulk, Magneto, Hawkeye, and Captain Marvel currently have this problem.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Something I noticed: When Captain America is replaced, when you get in the comic mission, instead of him, the entire team goes in. That's alright... until the end of it, when arriving the last room to face Winter Soldier! After entering that room, it shows nothing at all! Kinda like when it's Iron Man facing Ultimo!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Quote from: xlehnsherr on February 28, 2009, 01:27AM
Something I noticed: When Captain America is replaced, when you get in the comic mission, instead of him, the entire team goes in. That's alright... until the end of it, when arriving the last room to face Winter Soldier! After entering that room, it shows nothing at all! Kinda like when it's Iron Man facing Ultimo!

This same thing happened to me when I was using Blade's mission (and he had been replaced in my game) -- except that when I got to the boss at the end, the entire game crashed.

So, is it true that if you aren't using a particular hero in your 27 characters chosen through Heroselect, that you can't use their simulator mission either?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

I'm pretty sure that's right fox456, that's how its always been for me.

i can't wait to try this!! i'm new to this site, but i've played almost every version of the game, save the PC and 360 versions. i'm getting the pc version, so i can't wait!! everything looks pretty great!

I was just wondering if all the characters in this mod have loadscreens?

Oh yeah. Wait, how does Ronin's loadscreen look like? I don't recall any loadscreen of her for the PSP MUA. Is it a comic pic?

it's Ronin with sword in hand attacking some Hand ninjas.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."