Official Characters -- Beta v4 RELEASED (Oct 26, 2008)

Started by BliZZ, October 26, 2008, 04:45PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The short answer: When it's finished

Also, there's no need to respond to him. It's been dealt with. End of.

Oh, and welcome to the site. :D
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I've noticed that Lizard drops his item, which he wouldn't drop in a unmodded game. Any plans to implement the other 2 unused items in the game (Doom's Mask and Krang's something)?

Dunno.  BliZZ will have to answer that, but he's got a lot of real life stuff going on at the moment.

i still cannot install/add these characters, immediately after clicking on Extract Here, i got a WinRAR: Diagnostic messages popup screen with messages saying "...Cannot create actors...igb Access is denied" when i played the game, still no changes in the roster of characters
help plase

I've been waiting for the full Black Widow mod for ages.
My current of this one goes back a version or two...
Just waiting for BW to be final, then I'll be grabbing
this one. Looking forward to it.

Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

You may be waiting awhile.  BliZZ is still having to focus on real life and nobody else is leading the OC mod.  A lot is done, but it's all in pieces.

Quote from: shinobi on March 22, 2009, 12:00PM
i still cannot install/add these characters, immediately after clicking on Extract Here, i got a WinRAR: Diagnostic messages popup screen with messages saying "...Cannot create actors...igb Access is denied" when i played the game, still no changes in the roster of characters
help plase
Try Redownloading..it's a huge file, so you'll need a download resumer...
CosmoChakra's mods !

Skins of HULK,PUNISHER,LUKE CAGE so far!!!

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3114.0

i have tried reading the extra slots thread i was just wondering what had happened to teancum's experiment on adding characters on the herostat for extra sim missions(was it automatic crash or some play could be made until clicking the sim mission). Cuz i have tried adding mr marvel to my herostat with all of the available 27 menu locations being occupied by a character and assigning different menu location numbers like 35, 50 47 to mr marvel but to no avail it had an automatic crash upon clicking the mua shortcut icon.......Im just wondering if it would be a specific number menu location or its just impossible to do this kind of thing. I just wanted to be cleared of this idea cuz im prepping for the next coming mod beta version with the 4 extra sim missions(logic is keeping hawkeye, colossus, moonknight and hulk but able to play mr marvel sim mission with mr marvel of course). thnx for the time reading my querries and trying to answer them. :)
Life's a beach, and then you drown.

I never could find a way around. 27 characters seems to be hard coded no-matter-what.

i guess executables for the 360 would not work for the pc since its at 64bit while most pc's run on 32 bit computing....well  i guess have to stick to changing characters in the herostat thnx teancum
Life's a beach, and then you drown.

That and the two executables are nothing alike.

Just wondering, did ya'll take out the skins for Collosus, I downloaded this and got everything but his skins. I couldn't select him because of it. So if there's a way that maybe there's a link to download just him or somethin' I would really appreciate it. :rogue:

April 08, 2009, 05:59PM #207 Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 06:39PM by Rusha_Feeni
Ok, I've got a problem that I can't identify.  I installed the v4 pack a few months ago.  Everything has been working fine.  Recently I wanted to replace some of the supplied skins with some custom jobs (such as Dark_Mark's new skins for Ronin, Black Widow, and Captain Marvel, man those are awesome and I can't wait for the final release!). 

When I copied the new .igb files into the actors folder there were no existing .igb files there for those characters.  I named my igb files correctly to be skins 1-4 but when I start a new game I get the skins from the pack no matter what.  All the characters still work fine.  Basically, it looks like the game is loading them from somewhere else and it doesn't matter what is in my actors folder.  This is true for most (if not all, haven't tested everyone) characters in the pack Edit: this is an exaggeration, see my next post, but not individual character mods I got elsewhere on the site (I have almost everybody from the catalog installed).  I have searched my entire MUA install folder for .igb files with those names and found none.

Since you guys made the pack I was just wondering if you had any idea what is going on here.  Also, when the final pack comes out will I have to do a complete uninstall & reinstall to get the new skins?

Did you edit your herostat to use that specific skin?
Let's say: Dark_Mark's Magneto
   skin = 17501 ;
   skin_01_name = Classic ;
   skin_02 = 02 ; <------ If you wanna replace this skin, instead of [02] input the number of the relevant skin!
   skin_02_name = 80's ;
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Yeah, I know how to edit the herostat.

I did some more testing, and it is not every character.  Just Ronin, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Dr. Doom, and Nightcrawler.  In case I wasn't clear in my earlier post, the problem is basically this:

I look in my actors folder and have no files for skins 1-4 for these characters.  The game runs just fine and is able to display all skins for every character with no problem.  I can install skins 5-X just fine, and change the herostat just fine, but since 5th and 6th skins haven't been officially released for Ronin, BW, CM, and Doom I was attempting to overwrite their original 4, which I am unable to do.  No matter what I put in the actors folder, even if I rename it to be skins 1-4, it will still display the original four skins in the game.  I am positive I am editing the herostat and compiling heroselect correctly.