Concerning the X-Movies, and the third one especially...

Started by TheStorm, January 31, 2009, 06:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What do you guys think about the movies?

My favourite one was the second one, I think it was the best, it had Phoenix and many characters, I disliked the third one the most out of all the three, even though I liked it...

I was really pissed about "Phoenix" in X3 -_-

Does anyone know if it was ever said why they never did the whole fiery/cosmic thing?

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

I actually preferred the third movie. I found the first to be too Rogue centric and the second too Wolverine centric. The third had a large cast of characters. Though I enjoy watching parts of the second and third when I'm bored, such as the Nightcrawler vs White House scene, the attack on the mansion scene. and the Multiple Man Decoy scene onwards.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

The first movie was good at the time and a fun movie to introduce the X-Men and its world, but now i just think its a little cheesy.  I really like the second, the characters looked better and i liked the storyline and how everyone was pretty much handled. Ive watched the second one a couple of times.  The third is alright, i hated the deaths and the way the Phoenix story line played out, but i liked Beast and Storm showing how powerful she was.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I loved the second and third, even though most people I know didn't end up liking the latter much. True, it could have been improved, but I think Rattner did a tremendous job in picking up the storyline from Singer.

As for the whole Phoenix scenario, I think the movies didn't want to bring in the whole "cosmic" edge, since the series has been developed with a more sci-fi tone. Explaining a thing like the Phoenix Force would have killed the primary focus of the film: the cure and mutants' reaction to it.I think in a movie dealing with racial discrimination and such, the original Phoenix storyline is incompatible.

Explanations aside, though, I don't see why her Phoenix form couldn't have been akin to the comics (or like the one in X2). Nonetheless, I still think the form in the movie looked good on it's own (I went as far as searching 17 different stores for that particular variant of the X3 Jean Grey action figure in 2 days before finally finding it :D) and the movie was pretty good as a whole.

The Third movie was the best one. I liked the second one too though. However, the first movie is terrible. I just can't watch it.

Famke did a great job with Jean and Dark Phoenix, with that I have no problem, but it was stupid because in the second movie she had the fire thing and Rattner just destroyed the whole Phoenix thing, kinda looked dum.

But the characters in number three were done ok, especially Storm and Beast.

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Famke deserved an Oscar for that role. She's such a talented actress.

I liked them all but they all have thir cons for example the inclusion of well-known characters just as cameos or not that significant roles like psylocke...or tho one speech line lady deathstrike in the second ar even leaving gambit and emma out of them anyway i have the three of them in my favourite Dvd collection haha plus gambit is appearing in wolvies movie!!!

February 09, 2009, 04:12AM #8 Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:14AM by Nowhere Man
The second one is surely the best one! The first one was great too, but a lot of time was used to introduce the viewer to the x-universe and for fans like me that's kinda tiring.

The second one was perfect! Better story, better CGI, better fights...

The third one wasn't very good. The film had more story than the previous ones, yet it was shorter. The result was a movie that seemed to have been made is a rush. X2 is 20 minutes longer than X3. They really could have used those 20 minutes to deliver better dialogues and give the characters more depth. Using important characters in cameos bothered me too. Psylocke with one line being a Morlock and having weird invisibility powers. I'd rather she wasn't there at all. Mutiple-Man with two lines, being a villian and joining the brotherhood just saying "I'm in" with no conversation or backstory was ridiculous. If they wanted someone with superspeed, they could have used Quicksilver, who has actually been a member of the brotherhood instead of using Callisto. Her other mutant tracking power could have been Caliban's since the Morlocks were there already. And Phoenix without flames is like Thor without hammer or Spidey without webs...that really got on my nerves.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

That wasn't Psylocke that was Camoflarge. Brett Ratner made an error on the name. If you watch the sxtra x3 dvd Lauren Schuker actually corrects him. You can't really complain about multiple man having two lines. Deathstrike only had one line in the second movie and again she didn't have any back story, Jubilee had one line in the second movie again with no backstory, I could go on. You can't transfer directly from comics because some stuff would have appeared goofy or just wouldn't work.Like Phoenix flames, she would have looked like a female human torch and that would have been silly. The essence and the prominent part of the whole Jean/ Phoenix thing is the split personality and diffrerence in the two. Flames would have detracted from that and turned it into a bigger spectactle. Not relevant I say. I liked X2 alot but for me X3 is better

Quote from: warmachine300 on February 09, 2009, 10:26AM
You can't transfer directly from comics because some stuff would have appeared goofy or just wouldn't work.Like Phoenix flames, she would have looked like a female human torch and that would have been silly. The essence and the prominent part of the whole Jean/ Phoenix thing is the split personality and diffrerence in the two. Flames would have detracted from that and turned it into a bigger spectactle.

it would not have looked silly in my opinion.  the flaming thing had already been introduced in X2 so its not like i would have come out of nowhere and a phoenix is a bird of fire, so it would make sense to call yourself Phoenix and have a fiery effect.  was there ever an explanation of why her other personality went by Phoenix? To me the flames would have looked a lot better, then the creepy zombie demon way she would look sometimes while using her power.  And i think they should have left in the "JEAN SENSES A SCARED LITTLE GIRL" deleted scene, it showed the struggle between personalities.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on February 09, 2009, 01:42PM
it would not have looked silly in my opinion.  the flaming thing had already been introduced in X2 so its not like i would have come out of nowhere and a phoenix is a bird of fire, so it would make sense to call yourself Phoenix and have a fiery effect.  was there ever an explanation of why her other personality went by Phoenix? To me the flames would have looked a lot better, then the creepy zombie demon way she would look sometimes while using her power.  And i think they should have left in the "JEAN SENSES A SCARED LITTLE GIRL" deleted scene, it showed the struggle between personalities.

Excatly, it was stupid because she had flames in the second one but not in the third one, I think it wouldn't have looked silly, it certainly didn't look silly to me in the second one...They should have waited for Bryan Singer, that's my opinion...

February 09, 2009, 06:02PM #12 Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:07AM by Nowhere Man
Quote from: warmachine300 on February 09, 2009, 10:26AM
Deathstrike only had one line in the second movie and again she didn't have any back story, Jubilee had one line in the second movie again with no backstory, I could go on.

Deathstrike had one line but she was very important in the second movie, she didn't have to speak, she was being mind controled and there was some backstory for her. And Jubilee or Syrin didn't have to speak, they were at the mansion, just students, but they were at the right place.

In the case of Psylocke and Maddrox they could perfectly well not appear in the movie that it wouldn't change anything.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

i kind of agree with all of you still i would have loved if psylock and jamie had bigger parts or if Bryan had made this...