New site layout

Started by Teancum, January 31, 2009, 08:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
As you might've noticed, THX and I did a new site layout for the main site.  Well, actually THX did 99% of it, I just tested it and did the logo with the characters.  Anyways, Admins can now make news posts, and I've got some ideas on how to do an easy character lookup system that would allow you to see screenshots, download it, and even make comments.  Check it out

www.marvelmods.com (duh!)

Also looking for content contributors.  If you have a writing background or even stay up to date with the latest Marvel news send us a PM.

Woowzzaa, looks great!

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

I've also been adding mod links to the main site.  So for folks who just want to know when/what's been released they can look there (in a week or so once I get caught up).  We'll also be posting any cool Marvel-based news, so if you've bookmarked the forums, change your bookmark to just http://www.marvelmods.com/ - You'll be able to see the latest forum topics, who's online, comment on news and files, and keep up to date in one spot!

(Click on Marvel: Ultimate Alliance mods in the black navigation bar to give it a test run)

Ooooh, I got so excited :)

hhahaha, great job guys

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

February 02, 2009, 10:20PM #5 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:37PM by Midnight Curse
Quote from: THX on January 31, 2009, 10:17PM
Also looking for content contributors.  If you have a writing background or even stay up to date with the latest Marvel news send us a PM.

I get e-mails from the Official Marvel Entertainment site. Perhaps I can send you my lil' Suggestion Box, THX.

The "Sign In" part says "Sing In".

the new layout is kind of exotic, orange perhaps is an exotic color. 
Give your life meaning when you come to Xaviers Institute.  Join us so that we can develop your mind as well as those devious powers that you may have ::wink::

which I think was the base of the original one.

Kindof.  The original template didn't carry over, so THX used a similar template for this new CMS (Content Management System).  So yeah, you might say it was 'inspired' by the old theme.

Be sure you're following the main site's page.  Just posted some MUA 2 news.  Again, be sure you bookmark it, because any notable Marvel news is gonna show up there now.

Looks good ,Great work THX and Teancum :D Nice change from the old homepage.
OMG updates lol

Yep, as mods get released we'll post those too.  We're (or at least I'm) hoping that it'll be the page everyone wants to hit and the forums turn back into the social/WiP network they are really meant to be.

you did a great job, i can tell that you put plenty of effort into it
Give your life meaning when you come to Xaviers Institute.  Join us so that we can develop your mind as well as those devious powers that you may have ::wink::

sweet job, i love it.
wow @ the 2 mega packs. downloading 'em right now.

after seeing all this, well... today i took back the modding tools and did some texturing-effect modding, and i got addicted again. i might reconsider roaming these boards once again, maybe not so frequently as before, but let's cautiously say i'm kind-of-back. =)

Sorry for the downtime, our traffic crashed our old server. We've upgraded to a more robust plan, so we're good for another thousand members or so :P