Dark_Mark's Converted Character Pack ver.2.0

Started by Dark_Mark, February 09, 2009, 01:45PM

Previous topic - Next topic
how i can do the cable skin wiil work?

Just change the name of the cable skin in Dark_Marks pack to the name of the skin you want to replace.

you can do sikns to iron fist and punisher? but like the dark skin?

Do you mean are there skins of iron fist and punisher or can you use them on iron fist and punisher ?
The answer is yes for both of them.

Quote from: Venom on April 04, 2009, 04:00AM
Do you mean are there skins of iron fist and punisher
but skin like this pack Dark_Mark

Oh these skins are ripped from the actual game of Marvel ultimate alliance which means they have a better quality / higher definition.
There are no iron fist or punisher skins like the skins in Dark_Marks pack but there are some user created ones in the Punisher and Iron Fist mods found in the Character mod catalog : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=399.0

Yes but if you want to add those skins as a 5th or 6th skin read the instructions in the first post.

do you happen to have in development extra skins for namor :namor: loved your captain marvel and ronin skins thank you for that
Life's a beach, and then you drown.

Quote from: Chikesnit on April 04, 2009, 05:50PM
do you happen to have in development extra skins for namor :namor: loved your captain marvel and ronin skins thank you for that

Blaw has made some great Namor skins, try his thread.....
CosmoChakra's mods !

Skins of HULK,PUNISHER,LUKE CAGE so far!!!

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3114.0

April 05, 2009, 09:41AM #40 Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 12:04PM by Rusha_Feeni
Ok, I have wracked my brain on this and cannot for the life of me figure it out.  Someone please help!  Here is my situation:

I installed the  Cable &  Beast skins with no problem by overwriting existing skins.  They look great btw. 

I next attempted to install the  Ronin,  Captain Marvel, and  Black Widow skins.  I copied the skins in the actors folder and renamed the mannequins and stored them in the proper folder.  I found it odd that it didn't warn me about overwriting but thought nothing of it.  I used heroselect, started a new game, and found that the skins for those three characters remained unchanged.  After several hours of recopying without success, I have deleted all skins for those characters in the actors folder.  When I started a new game the old skins still appear even though the game should have crashed!  Even though I deleted them from the folder.  I have searched my entire MUA folder for .igb files with those numbers and found none.  This leads me to 2 conclusions:

1.  My computer is haunted.  Can anyone recommend an exorcist?

2.  The game is pulling skins for those characters from some other file somewhere within my game folder and it automatically overrides anything in the actors folder and my mannequins folder, and I have absolutely no idea how to fix this.

I installed these characters from the Official Characters pack by just extracting into my MUA folder so I am not sure how this could have happened but I am at a loss as to what to do next.  Please help!

Try extracting to another folder, and then do the long way of copy and replace.

It is also possible that the skins are sstored in a new folder, check your directories for any new folders.
CosmoChakra's mods !

Skins of HULK,PUNISHER,LUKE CAGE so far!!!

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3114.0

April 05, 2009, 11:15AM #42 Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 11:03PM by Rusha_Feeni
I've tried just about every method of copying I can think of and there are no extra folders that I can see.  The real problem is where is the game getting the skins from?  If there is nothing in the actors folder it shouldn't be able to display them but it still can.  This is what baffles me.

UPDATE - Ok, so I have experimented a bit more.  I ended up just copying the new skins to slots 05-08 and swapping them out using the herostat.  Had to decompile/recompile a ton of files to get the huds working but now they work.  Still have no idea where those original skins are coming from.  I'm spent.

Version 2.0 is up! :D

Changelog:

• Black Widow, Ronin, Captain Marvel and Swordsman now use high definition Wii textures.
  • updated the texture on Cable's weapons
  • updated Black Widow's powerset

Old/new texture quality comparison:

See first post for download links.

Quote from: Larcetin-32 on April 01, 2009, 07:08AM
Really? I don't believe anything today :)
Quote from: marvelfan12345 on April 03, 2009, 04:03PM
Notice that the post was in April the 1st, AKA April Fool's Day.
APRIL FOOLED!!!  :laugh:
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Does that mean that I have to update cable's reskinned textures? :P

Great work btw!!