Brotherhood Edition

Started by nodoubt_jr, February 24, 2009, 07:58PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 24, 2009, 07:58PM Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 01:37PM by BaconWizard17
Brotherhood Edition
Version 1.3

This is a package mod that adds a separate exe and files that allow you to play with a roster full of Brotherhood of Mutants characters. Its roster runs separately from the base game.

Features:

• A separate exe (Xmen2_BHE.exe) from the base game with its own set of files, allowing for a new roster and new experience. The following files are used:

• Herostat: hero_bhe.engb
    • Team bonus file: team_b_bhe.engb
    • Danger Room file: danger_bhe.engb
    • new_game scripts: new_bhe_.py and new_bhe__hard.py
    • characters_heads package: characters_h_bhe.pkgb
  • A unique save folder to prevent conflicts with the main game.
  • A roster with only X-Men. Mod characters are included with the download:

• Avalanche (nodoubt_jr's version)
    • Blink (nodoubt_jr's version)/li]
      • Blob (nodoubt_jr's version)
      • Deadpool (default character)
      • Destiny (nodoubt_jr's version)
      • Forge (nodoubt_jr's version)
      • Goblin Queen (matt710's version)
      • Juggernaut (default character)
      • Magneto (default character)
      • Marrow (nodoubt_jr's version)
      • Multiple Man (nodoubt_jr's version)
      • Mystique (matt710's version)
      • Pyro (default character)
      • Quicksilver (nodoubt_jr's version)
      • Rogue (default character)
      • Sabretooth (default character)
      • Scarlet Witch (default character)
      • Shadow King (nodoubt_jr's version)
      • Stepford Cuckoo (nodoubt_jr's version)
      • Sunfire (default character)
      • Toad (default character)
    • New skins for some default characters.
    • Missing effects for Sabretooth.
    • Loading screens for all new characters.
    • Danger Room maps from XML1.
    • New Danger Room courses for all characters except for Destiny.

Changelog:
    Spoiler

• Version 1.0:

• Initial Release
    • Version 1.1:

• Herostat update so that Goblin Queen starts with a power.
      • Adds a new Goblin Queen loading screen.
    • Version 1.2:

• Assembled the initial release and the update into a single download.
    • Version 1.3:

• Updated file names to be compatible with OpenHeroSelect v4.8.0's new package mod features

Installation Instructions:
    Spoiler

• MO2 Method:

• Install the mod through MO2 as an archive. Deselect any png and txt files included with the download. Also delete the exe from the download.
      • The priority of this mod should be 0.
      • Manually install the mod's exe file into your game files, and then configure it as an exe in MO2.
      • You don't need to change anything in your game files or the mod's files to get this mod to work.
    • Direct Method:

• Extract the mod's download.
      • Drag and drop the mod into your game files. Install it before other character mods.
      • You don't need to change anything in your game files or the mod's files to get this mod to work.

Previews:

• New Roster:
      Spoiler

• Action Shots:
      Spoiler

• New Danger Room Maps:
      Spoiler

• New Danger Room Missions:
      Spoiler

• New Team Bonuses:
      Spoiler

Credits:

• BaconWizard17: Assembly of prior updates, file name updates.
    • nodoubt_jr: Avalanche, Blob, Blink, Destiny, Forge, Marrow, Multiple Man, Quicksilver, Stepford Cuckoo and Shadow King mods; original assembly of the package mod; Magneto DLC Classic skin.
    • matt710: Mystique and Goblin Queen mods.
    • Apollo: Pyro loading screen.
    • BLaw: 2203, 2204, 2205, and AOA Quicksilver skins.
    • boreman: Classic Toad, Modern Toad, Modern Sunfire, Ultimate Scarlet Witch, 15205, 15206, and 15207 skins; Multiple Man icons.
    • Cates: Modern Sunfire, Freedom Force Pyro, Classic Quicksilver, and Original Quicksilver skins.
    • Citizen V: Blob icons.
    • darkmythology: Ultimate Quicksilver skin; coloration of Avalanche XML1 effects.
    • Dihan: Blink icons, Marrow icons.
    • iammingy: Classic Magneto, 80s Magneto, Classic Pyro, Classic Avalanche, Freedom Force Avalanche, X-Corps Avalanche, Classic Destiny, Original Blob, Classic Blob, X-Corp Blob skins; m4_back and m4_R-handed boltons.
    • Norrin Radd: Original Rogue, Ultimate Pyro, Original Sabretooth, 2804, and 2806 skins; edits on Ultimate Scarlet Witch skin.
    • Ragriz: Modern Multiple Man skin.
    • Shafcrawler: 1403, 1404, 1405, 1406, 2808, Hooded Shadow King, and 3706 skins; Blink, Dstiny, Forge, Multiple Man, Quicksilver, and Stepford Cuckoo loading screens; Avalanche icons and Stepford Cuckoo icons.
    • souledge1313: 3702, 3703, 3704, 3705, and Blindfold skins.
    • Youngblood0000: Xorn skin.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I've been waiting for this, thank you so much :)
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

thanks guys :) enjoy
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Thanks a lot nodoubt_jr,
in another post, I had asked for a package with only women, but this here meet my needs.
You are the best.

thanks for the nice comments :)

Well, not to complain but I cant open the Brotherhood edition game for XML2.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2026/brotherhood.png
Give your life meaning when you come to Xaviers Institute.  Join us so that we can develop your mind as well as those devious powers that you may have ::wink::

You have to install it to the same folder that your XML2 game is installed to.  Don't worry, it won't conflict with your regular XML2 game.

May 13, 2009, 06:35PM #10 Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 06:41PM by Jacques
Here we go, a little debug here, I'm using a french XML2, so after renaming all the engb to freb, I found several issues below:

:pyro: Pyro has only 2 skins, not even including the one in the screen capture above
      :blob: Blob's footprint effect is now actually explosion, right under his feet, for every step he makes...
      :deadpool: Deadpool doesn't appear, Instead a ??? showed up in the list
      :mystique: She and Forge also don't appear to be having the skin showed up in the screen capture

That's all for now, continue testing with all admiration for this brilliant bundle ;-)
Really good bundle indeed!! :elektra:

are you done playing through the game? because this edition unlocks stuff like the regular game.  so as you go a long more and more customes are unlocked (so maybe you havent unlocked all of Pyro's and other character skins), and Deadpool is locked until you beat the game (unlocking just like he does in the regular game).  Blob's footprint effect is a small cloud of dust, is this what you see or a real explosion?

Oh, sorry, I thought it was the same like the ALL XMEN version, everything was unlocked from game start... My apologise. For Blob, what I see is like the lower right screen of the second picture in your first post, that doesn't looked like a cloud of dust at all..;

Great mod. I've been waiting for this cause I can't seem to get the single characters to work in my game, no matter what I try. But one question: Goblin Queen started with no powers, is she suppose to?
"Jean Grey could have lived to become a god. But it was more important to her, to die a human"

thanks, theres a mistake in her herostat entry, the entry has the first point going to "gob_telek" and it should be "gob_tele".  So what you can do is either edit the "herosbro.engb" file and change this or play until she gets a point you can use.  If i ever do an update i'll fix this.

(i think this had already been asked in this thread, but the posts dissapeared when the site was down.)