Cyclops vs. Wolverine

Started by LX - Rampage, February 28, 2009, 03:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ZOS on March 04, 2009, 08:16AM
Quote from: Dihan on March 04, 2009, 07:50AM
Loads of things are retconned. This is one of them.

Understood. Quite frankly, this is one bit I don't like.

Agreed. They've taken Wolverine too far.  I'm sick of him being 100% indestructible.

Well, that's not true, I think. I mean, in AOA he lost one of his hand, and in another timeline...if I remember well...he really broken (I mean, his arms or legs or dunno)...and there is the Ultimate universe! Hulk teared him apart (he teared his legs of and throw them away, if I remember well...)

Quote from: Dihan on March 04, 2009, 01:31AM
Cyclops' beams are made up of concussive force, even if he can do that Wolverine has his indestructible adamantium skeleton and ridiculous healing factor.

Wolverine regenerated himself back from this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/muchalucha/Wolverine43-017-018.jpg

Cyclops' beams can't accomplish that. They'd only knock him back. Sure, he can "punch holes in mountains", but last time I checked mountains weren't indestructible like Wolverine (except in AoA, but I assume we're talking about 616).

Wolverine can't regenerate like that anymore. That was a side effect of having his powers tinkered with at the time. he is back to his old levels. Hence why in a later event (Messiah Complex), after Wolvie got a simple wound, X-23 told him he healed too slow (because he was indeed, taking forever--X-23 healed faster than him from worse cuts). Even in X-Force, it takes time for Wolvie to regenerate. In his own one-shot, he spent quite a bit of time healing from having his stomach slied open. A simple cut and yet it took him a good long while. In any case, Cyclops beams can accomplish that since they are concussive force. The only reason why they knock Wolvie back in the past is because they are concentrated and focused in one spot and there is only a singular stream as opposed to a constant torrent of energy. If all the beam did is knock Wolvie back, the collective force as the beam kept pushng would send Wolvie a few miles back. Cyclops wins this rather easily, since all he has to do is stand there with his eyes open (since the beams come out with no effort at all and come out with greater force if he pushes them out).

If I'm correct, X-23 is supposed to be Wolverine's clone, right?

Shouldn't be considered the age factor? She's like what? 16 or 17? Logan is almost 100 years old! That has got to make a difference too.
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

March 04, 2009, 07:35PM #34 Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 07:38PM by ThatGuy
Possibly, though X-23 is not a perfect clone of Wolvie in that she lacks the Y chromosome and has a number of things different about her, such as the positioning of her claws. And this doesn't change the fact that Wolvie was holding his guts and had to sit down to heal. It's been pretty much stated, after the uproar that was caused by Wolvie coming back from being a skeleton, that he can't do that anymore. And also recently, Wolvie has stated that he was unsure if he could handle a group of guards, stating that they could kill him, since there were enough of them. He beat them, but that candid moment makes one wonder.
And to add, Cyclops can tear the skin off Wolvie. He did it to the Hulk recently, someone who's skin is much stronger than Wolvie's. I'm a big fan of Wolverine, but I have to admit it when he's beat. And he'd get beat in this match-up.

Well, maybe Cycy would tear his skin off, but he can regenerate it, and BTW, to tear it off, first, he has to shot Wolverine, but don't forget, Wolverine is fast, so don't count him down after a lucky shot.

Quote from: Wade Wilson on March 05, 2009, 01:08AM
Well, maybe Cycy would tear his skin off, but he can regenerate it, and BTW, to tear it off, first, he has to shot Wolverine, but don't forget, Wolverine is fast, so don't count him down after a lucky shot.

If Cyclops takes off his visor, no amount of speed that Wolvie can muster will save him. That and Cyclops has tagged people with superspeed with his visor on. Wolvie is honestly too slow to avoid truly getting hit, since speedsters can get hit and objects moving at much faster speeds can be shot down with ease by Cyclops. As for tearing off Wolvie's skin, that is the least of his worries. I was just showing that Cylops can blast Wolvie down to a skeleton if he wanted to. And since Wolvie cannot regenerate from that (he can't, I'll explain why) he would get put down. As for Wolvie regenerating from a skeleton, a full on blast from Cyclops, unvisored, would take out everything, including Wolie's eyes. The nature of Cyclops beams are that if they do not destroy something they will either keep pushing or bounce off. Since there are tracts that lead from the orbit to the brain, the beams can travel along those tracts and obliterate his brain. This is if Cyclops does not send Wolvie flying into another state from the sheer force. Cyclops wins every way you look at it. 

In any case, for those worried about speed:
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3446/000cwkcr1eu.jpg

Yep, that's Northstar he took out. Without hesitation or bother. 

Okay-okay, not fast enough, but Wolverine is like a hunter and...erm...Wolverine is better!

I don't think Cyke can unleash very easily beams so powerful that could tear Logan's skin off. So he'd better not miss that shot... otherwise, he's pretty much dead.

Quote from: ZOS on March 05, 2009, 04:55PM
I don't think Cyke can unleash very easily beams so powerful that could tear Logan's skin off. So he'd better not miss that shot... otherwise, he's pretty much dead.

If he can tear Hulk's skin, he can do it to Wolvie since Hulk's skin is stronger's than Wolvie's.

As for missing, with his visor off, he can't miss. I showed he can easily let lose a powerful blast strong enough to take down a sentinel and large part of a forest. He did this after getting smacked by said Sentinel while tired and groggy from the hit. That's pretty impressive.

I like Wolvie too but I see no way he would win this. Wolvie can be beaten by alot of different X-men (Iceman having the easiest time).   

March 05, 2009, 05:54PM #40 Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:57PM by ZOS
Even with his visor off, he can't let loose a 360° covering blast, can he? Has anyone mentioned Logan is fast? Lol

But ok, your pic actually conviced me Wolverine may not have that easy of a time. But he definitely takes it in most scenarios I think of, to be fair.

Quote from: ZOS on March 05, 2009, 05:54PM
Even with his visor off, he can't let loose a 360° covering blast, can he? Has anyone mentioned Logan is fast? Lol

But ok, your pic actually conviced me Wolverine may not have that easy of a time. But he definitely takes it in most scenarios I think of, to be fair.

But Cyc covers an area to great for Wolvie to move. Wolvie can't doge a visorless blast. In any case, I can't a see a situation with Wolvie winning, unless Cyc is already dead before Wolvie fights him.

Well, even if taking the visor assecured Cyke a sure-kill, the timing to actually taking it out should be enough for Wolvie to just maul him. An AoA scenario would be the worst world for Wolvie... which is still better than what Cyclops gets.

Quote from: ZOS on March 05, 2009, 07:45PM
Well, even if taking the visor assecured Cyke a sure-kill, the timing to actually taking it out should be enough to Wolvie to maul him. An AoA scenario would be the worst world for Wolvie... which is better than what Cyclops gets.

Cyclops is fast enough to move out of the way and get some shots off in the process. Wolvie is fast but not that fast. His attacks can be dodged. It happens on a common basis, actually.

Cyclops is fast enough to dodge Wolverine's attacks during the fractions of seconds in which he's taking off the visor? I don't think so!