Cyclops vs. Wolverine

Started by LX - Rampage, February 28, 2009, 03:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ZOS on March 05, 2009, 07:51PM
Cyclops is fast enough to dodge Wolverine's attacks during the fractions of seconds in which he's taking off the visor? I don't think so!

Yes he is. If you care to prove otherwise, go on ahead. Wolverine is not that fast. I've been reading X-men for a long time and Wolvie has never moved fast enough to make think that he could tag Cyclops.

Ok, tomorrow I might come up with evidence to back up what I say... might be fun. One last comment for today, though: Wolvie isn't always portrayed as quite adept to dodging because he will mostly just take the hit knowing it wont cause him further harm.

doesnt Wolverine just have to stab him in the eyes and its all over? Cyclops wont be able to use his powers then, at least Wolverine has the unbreakable skeloton thing and healing factor, those arent as easy to just knock out.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

March 05, 2009, 08:19PM #48 Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:23PM by ThatGuy
Quote from: ZOS on March 05, 2009, 08:13PM
Ok, tomorrow I might come up with evidence to back up what I say... might be fun. One last comment for today, though: Wolvie isn't always portrayed as quite adept to dodging because he will mostly just take the hit knowing it wont cause him further harm.

Indeed. In fact, Wolvie tends to let himself take a couple of hits before attempting to dodge. That would be a mistake in someone who can level a mountain. Either ways, either he's not fast enough or the first hit or two puts him in a bad way. This is also why Punisher was able to embarrass him one time (shooting him in the face blew it clean off) then in the family jewels).

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on March 05, 2009, 08:15PM
doesnt Wolverine just have to stab him in the eyes and its all over? Cyclops wont be able to use his powers then, at least Wolverine has the unbreakable skeloton thing and healing factor, those arent as easy to just knock out.

All it takes is for Cyclops to see Wolvie's hand moving for him to react. Cyc doen't need to adjust his visors with his hands to let loose a blast. He can do it almost by sheer thought (it involves him widening his eyes and such--they mentioned in one issue long ago). And since Cyclops can track things that move faster than Wolvie (or his hands), can repel an attack like that.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on March 05, 2009, 08:15PM

That's what I said at first, but people just don't see it as a possiblity. But that's my point too. Cyke could never fire a blast fast enough before getting two claws in the eyes. And if Logan really wants to kiil summers, he might just pop the middle claw and slice cyke's entire head.
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Quote from: xlehnsherr on March 05, 2009, 08:24PM
That's what I said at first, but people just don't see it as a possiblity. But that's my point too. Cyke could never fire a blast fast enough before getting two claws in the eyes. And if Logan really wants to kiil summers, he might just pop the middle claw and slice cyke's entire head.

As I said before:
All it takes is for Cyclops to see Wolvie's hand moving for him to react. Cyc doen't need to adjust his visors with his hands to let loose a blast. He can do it almost by sheer thought (it involves him widening his eyes and such--they mentioned in one issue long ago). And since Cyclops can track things that move faster than Wolvie (or his hands), can repel an attack like that.

You are too fanatic with Cyclops. You are talking about him, if like he is the ULTIMATE MUTANT HERO!!! Wolverine survived a battle with the Hulk, but Cyclops...well, he would die in a one-on-one against the Hulk. BTW, maybe Cyclops blast Wolverine some times, but he would be exhausted, Wolvie regenerates, and slash! Cyc is dead.

March 06, 2009, 11:20AM #52 Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:27AM by ThatGuy
Quote from: Wade Wilson on March 06, 2009, 03:44AM
You are too fanatic with Cyclops. You are talking about him, if like he is the ULTIMATE MUTANT HERO!!! Wolverine survived a battle with the Hulk, but Cyclops...well, he would die in a one-on-one against the Hulk. BTW, maybe Cyclops blast Wolverine some times, but he would be exhausted, Wolvie regenerates, and slash! Cyc is dead.

I'm not being fanatic about Cyclops. I'm simply showing why I think he would win. Nothing more. The truly fanatical thing to do is to support a character without any proof, insist he will win when there is evidence to the contrary, and re-state arguments that have either been shown to be false or debunked already. Even more so, making excuses and creating scenarios in hopes it will allow the character some leeway or put them on the same level as the opposing character. I've done none of those things. I can't say the same for some posts in support of Wolvie.  I don't see why a person who has supported his viewpoints with scans and such and actual info from the comics as opposed to imagined scenarios is being looked upon as a fanatic.

And I'm not making Cyc seem like the ultimate superhero. I'm simply pointing out an obvious fact: Wolvie has his limitations. If this were Iceman vs. Wolverine, I'm sure someone would say something similar since Iceman could beat Wolvie sitting down. Does that mean I just made him look like the utimate superhero? No, just stating something obvious. Wolverine can't beat everyone. Going against Hulk doesn't mean much when 1) Your the umpteenth person who has. and 2) You lost...on different occasions....in different ways. The Hulk is mindless most times and yet he can still get creative on you? That's a blow to one's ego if there ever was one. This is what happens when you put things in perspective. What seems all great and wonderful is really just par.

As for Wolvie's regeneration and Cyc getting exhausted, I already covered that about 2 pages ago.

I honestly don't understand why you are taking this personally (it seems this way). I've been simply responding to posts directed at me or seem to have a fallacy in them. I could care less about who people want to win. Much like the Spider-man vs. Mr. Fantastic thread. I thought Spidey would win. I put forth proof, and left it at that, since no one tried to counter it or made a post in contradiction. There were people who insisted that Reed would win. And posted. I could have called them fanatical but I left it alone, since who am I to shove my opinion down someone's throat. It's not a big deal. In any case, these threads are fun, hence why I keep coming back.

Wolverine is one of the best known characters of Marvel. He battled against many great enemies and so and so. I think, Wolverine is strong enough, to survive and defeat Cyclops. Look, whenever I say Wolverine would win, you always come up with many "proofs" about Cyclops's victory. And just one thing. You say I lost and Cyclops would win, right? Well, check out the poll, because I'm not the only one, who thinks, that Wolvie would win.

March 06, 2009, 01:55PM #54 Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:02PM by nodoubt_jr
People these threads are suppose to be fun.  Dont make it personal, these vs are not serious at all.

Quote from: Wade Wilson on March 06, 2009, 01:47PM
Look, whenever I say Wolverine would win, you always come up with many "proofs" about Cyclops's victory.

Thats what these threads are about, proving who would win, i seriously doubt he was attacking you.  If anything you attacked him by calling him a "fanatic".

And just one thing. You say I lost and Cyclops would win, right? Well, check out the poll, because I'm not the only one, who thinks, that Wolvie would win.

You lost? When did he say this? Are you Wolverine?
No so dont take it personal

Lol, again people these are suppose to be fun, and not serious.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Wait-wait-wait. For first of all, yeah, nothing fanatic in saying every word that Wolverine would lose because of this and that. Okay, I admit, that Cyclops can beat him, but not that easy. I say, that Wolverine would win and you say that Cyclops, but Cyclops isn't that good, you have to admit that too. Oh, and for the second one, I misunderstanded his last comment (this is forgivable, because I'm hungarian, not english). BTW, you said a very easy and quite good tactic (you know, that eye stabbing), but whenever I (or somebody else) says something about defeating Cyclops, he always says something, "unbelieveable" (I hope I didn't misspelled or anything) about dodging that situation. For the first and the last time: Wolverine was a samurai, a soldier, an agent, assasin etc. he is fast enough to stab Cyc's eyes out and many other things too.

March 06, 2009, 05:10PM #56 Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 05:18PM by ThatGuy
Like nodoubt_jr said, this is supposed to be fun.

Wolverine is one of the best known characters of Marvel. He battled against many great enemies and so and so. I think, Wolverine is strong enough, to survive and defeat Cyclops. Look, whenever I say Wolverine would win, you always come up with many "proofs" about Cyclops's victory. And just one thing. You say I lost and Cyclops would win, right? Well, check out the poll, because I'm not the only one, who thinks, that Wolvie would win.
Being best known does not equal best in a battle. Him fighting a number of different people is less impressive given his healing factor. Daredevil's many battles or Punisher's (epsecially Punisher) many battles is more impressive because at the end of the day, they can't up and heal and be good as new the next day. I enjoy Wolvie as a character, but his powers make him less impressive than Punhsier sometimes. especially when he had the amped up healing facotr (glad they downgraded it), he was less impressive.
As for coming up with proofs whenever you say Wolvie wins, well, that's how it goes. If not, this will turn into a pointless bck and forth. You said you were going to post Wolvie pics. By all means go ahead. You may prove your point better than I proved mine. Honestly, the best part of these threads is that we get to see all the cool things each character has done. As for the poll, it's a poll. Often times, those boil down to popularity contests and depend on who's posting. If I'm not mistaken, a magazine (or a newspaper) did a poll of who would win out a contest of superheroes. Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer outlasted Hulk, Wolverine, and many ohers. I'm fairly sure Wolverine was beaten by Kitty or Buffy (or Jubilee--if I recall where I saw this, I'll post it). So polls can easily be flawed. Bias can make them flawed as could not enough knowledge on a given character. Cyclops's feats are fairly unknown to most people. Most people don't know about what he did to the sentinel picture I posted. Most people don't know that he can absorb energy through his eyes only to throw it out again (he did this once). Most people don't know that he has beaten all the X-men on two seperate occasions. Most people don't know that he has beaten both Black Tom and Juggernaut by himself. Most people don't know that he has taken down Apocalypse by himself. Most people don't know he can make his beams bounce off surcaes with more accuracy and prescision than Bullseye can with weapons. Most people don't know that he holds he main distinction of being the only Marvel character to date to put down Batman in a cross-company battle. There are alot of things people don't know about Cyc. So I don't blame people for the poll being as skewered as it is.

Quote from: Wade Wilson on March 06, 2009, 03:17PM
Wait-wait-wait. For first of all, yeah, nothing fanatic in saying every word that Wolverine would lose because of this and that. Okay, I admit, that Cyclops can beat him, but not that easy. I say, that Wolverine would win and you say that Cyclops, but Cyclops isn't that good, you have to admit that too. Oh, and for the second one, I misunderstanded his last comment (this is forgivable, because I'm hungarian, not english). BTW, you said a very easy and quite good tactic (you know, that eye stabbing), but whenever I (or somebody else) says something about defeating Cyclops, he always says something, "unbelieveable" (I hope I didn't misspelled or anything) about dodging that situation. For the first and the last time: Wolverine was a samurai, a soldier, an agent, assasin etc. he is fast enough to stab Cyc's eyes out and many other things too.

How is anything I'm saying is "unbelievable" when I've shown scans that prove what I've said? Cyclops can get a shot off if Wolvie goes for his eyes. Cyc is fast enough to stop this. Where did I show this? When he hit Northstar. Understand some things about that picture:
1. Northstar was traveling so fast that he was a mere blur. That is how most characters moving too fast to be seen by the normal eye were drawn.
2. Cyclops shot him with an optic blast. Look at where his hands are. Exactly. not touching the visor but at his sides. This is not the only time Cyc has done this but a good example of him doing so against someone moving at speeds far faster than ole Wolvie can strike.

So no, I've stated nothing unbelievable. I told you to go ahead and prove me wrong. Show me a picture where Wolvie is moving fast enough to make Northstar look like a slug, then the point you keep mentioning about "claws to the eyes" will gain some ground. Until then, he's not fast enough to get Cyclops like that.

As for Wolvie being all those things, it means nothing. It just means that he should be able to not let things like this happen to him (yet they do):

1. http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3192/wolverinehits10qj.gif

Picture 2-3 are in the same issue, after Frank, going easy on Wolvie, shoots him in the face. Wolvie won't leave him alone, so.....
2. http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1250/972831637_8938c26fd0_o.jpg

3. http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1156/973728532_cdad630e20_o.jpg

Healing factor or not, it's not fun to get hit down there. I'm sure Wolvie would make a point to prevent geting hit down there, let alone shot. He does feel pain as he is healing/regenerating  (he stated this in his own  series too).

4. http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1033/983557995_431bba729a_o.jpg

I like Wolverine but seriously, he's not the world's best. He's just a fun read.

March 06, 2009, 05:19PM #57 Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 05:24PM by nodoubt_jr
Ok locking thread, but not the poll (i'll let the topic creator do that).  ThatGuy you made some really good points and like what happened in the Storm vs Jean thread, i can definetly see both winning depending on who reacts first.  Wade Wilson dont take things so personally and seriously.  And next time let the characters do the fighting :)

edit: i closed it because i think everyone has already made their arguments and i really dont want this to turn into a ThatGuy vs Wade Wilson thread, instead of a Cyclops vs. Wolverine thread.