XML1 & XML2 Character Release Compendium

Started by DJay Saint, April 02, 2007, 02:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 02, 2007, 02:59PM Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 05:29PM by Burning Rage
I figured I would start a new topic where I would post and update all the characters that I release for XML2.  All characters are ports of XML1, and a few are playables that aren't in any game.  I'll update this thread with fixes for released characters as needed, as well as with new characters as I get them done.  In time, once I finish all the characters I want to add to XML2, I will port them all to MUA.

List of Released Characters:
Emma Frost - Beta v2.0
Polaris - Alpha v1.0
Psylocke - Beta v1.2

The "To Do" List:
Avalanche
Beast
Blob (?) (maybe, still haven't decided yet)
Emma Frost
Havok
Jubilee
Magma
Mystique
Polaris (pending)
Psylocke
Shadowcat

Release Notes:
Emma Frost - Character is pretty much done.  I have retooled her Diamond Form so it now officially and accurately nerfs her powers.  You heard me.  NO POWERS WHILE IN DIAMOND FORM!  Be careful.  She's a hell of a tank character though while using her Diamond Form, which makes her a versatile threat.  No more uselessness against Sentinels.  With her Psionic Combat, she may actually end up being the main tank if you level her up properly.  I also fixed a ton of animation issues.  The animations actually match the powers they are supposed to be for.  I've yet to do a few more skins for her, and as still a problem, no working sounds.  She's done other than that.

Polaris - A basic character that gets the job done.  She has a full set of working powers, ala Magneto's renamed.  I will continue to work on these, and heavily retool her power set to make her unique.  Her icons are Magneto's as well for now, but I will also make her a unique icon set.  I included an HUD, which is just a recolored Jean head, but it will suffice for now.  She has 2 skins, one from XML2, and another as a placeholder for now until I reskin it, which is intended to eventually be her "classic" skin.  Unlike Emma, Polaris has NO sounds whatsoever, and again, until we figure out a way to edit x_voice.zss, it's going to stay that way.   :runaway:

Psylocke - She is AMAZINGLY fun to play with.  I almost had fun doing her (I wish it were pun intended...  :rofl:).  Her Blade Mastery power works exactly like it does in XML1, meaning that as you upgrade it, her Psy Blade groes in size... Cool, eh?  She also has the ability to "dual wield", meaning you can use two psychic blades at the same time, increasing your melee damage.  Like Emma, she can be a force to reckoned with if properly leveled up.  While her damage is all mental, she still ends up putting your hardest of hitters to shame.  Don't worry, her Psy Bolts not breaking anything is on purpose.  After all, they are psychic energy and don't affect the physical realm that much, so I made it that way.  Like Emma and Polaris, she has no sounds due to them not in XML2.  When I find a way to port the XML1 sounds, she will be the first to get them for sure.  I've included all icons, portraits, HUD heads, etc.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Erm... there already is a Classic Polaris skin. Check the 'Custom Skins' thread.

PS: My eyes are bleeding from these goddam Psylocke effect conversions... but I plow on. Should be done in an hour or two.

I know, I saw that.  I just chose to use a different model for her classic skin, which I will eventually get around to reskinning...

wow thanks, cant way to try this
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I think there is a Polaris HUD, if you need it in this thread:  http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=100.0   :brownnoser:

Do a search for "portraiturexml2".

April 02, 2007, 04:15PM #5 Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 05:23PM by nodoubt_jr
hey i cant get emma to unlock so i was going to try hex editing one of my saved games, what would i replace one of the characters with "frost_hero" or is it something else?

edit: ok i looked in herostats and its "emmafrost_hero" and yep it works, thanks again for that.  It only works if i delete all my saved games and the settings file, is there anyway to make it work a long with my already saved games.  Like is there any way to hex the settings.dat file so that emma is included and loads with my ohter saved games?
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

April 02, 2007, 06:53PM #7 Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 06:59PM by Burning Rage
H4x0r.  I'll get Avalanche and Psylocke done right away.  They just bumped Polaris down...  :P  Thanks BliZZ.

EDIT:  Clearly someone thought those links were the actual characters, as Psylocke has over 30 downloads...  Maybe those other 31 people will help to put together the Psylocke mod. :wtflol:

Quote from: DiamondDave on April 02, 2007, 04:04PM
I think there is a Polaris HUD, if you need it in this thread:  http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=100.0   :brownnoser:

Do a search for "portraiturexml2".

Huh?  Clearly I've missed something...  Polaris didn't have a pre-existing 3D HUD in the game...  If she did, I wouldn't have made one.  All other HUD files were there, yes, and I have used them.  I am also able to make all menu portraits and conversation portraits (or HUDs as the game calls them... they use that term to broadly).  The mod has all files necessary for every instance of HUD used.  Thanks though.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on April 02, 2007, 04:15PM
hey i cant get emma to unlock so i was going to try hex editing one of my saved games, what would i replace one of the characters with "frost_hero" or is it something else?

edit: ok i looked in herostats and its "emmafrost_hero" and yep it works, thanks again for that.  It only works if i delete all my saved games and the settings file, is there anyway to make it work a long with my already saved games.  Like is there any way to hex the settings.dat file so that emma is included and loads with my ohter saved games?

I repeat from the other thread, the ONLY way I know how to unlock a new character is to use the unlock all characters cheat.  Go on Gamefaqs.com for the cheat.  I know the PC doesn't have any listed under the codes section, but they are the same across all platforms.  It was addressed in the last thread, and this is the last time I'm going to address it.  As far as using new characters in pre-existing games?  I don't know.  I haven't really explored that option yet.  I was able to use Polaris once when I half-assed inserted her in.  But once I did all her PKGBs and everything required for a fully playable character, I got a CTD aka crash to desktop.  I'm not sure if someone else knows, but I just know I'm the wrong guy to ask.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  :runaway:

Lol, apparently someone got pretty trigger-happy on the downloading of Psylocke effects (notices 32 downloads vs Avalanche's 3 :P)

Anywho, Magma's effects are half-done. And then I have Marrow's to do. And then, if you would hook me up with Shadow King's, I would get to them. And that is it for bosses/heroes, yes? (Well, except MasterMold, but I figger IF we ever modded him in any form we could use a base Sentinel's effects)

EDIT: Looks liek we both noticed the 30+ DLS  :wtflol:

I have tried Emma and the Mod is Excellent.

I will try Polaris when you make her a unique char, as I already got a renamed Magento.

April 02, 2007, 07:04PM #10 Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 07:07PM by Burning Rage
I'll get right on Shadow King's.  Why is it that Magma was pushed so hard in XML1, yet they leave her effects out of XML2, but Beasts, Mystique's, Blob's, and a few other nonames effects are there?  :scratchhead:  If I remember correctly, Magma has like eleventy-seven effects.  I feel for you.  :runaway:

Polaris will definitely get done.  I just wanted a good template to work off of so I didn't have to rewrite everything from scratch like I did with Emma (well, almost everything).  It's out there for now so if anyone wants to try modding themself, they got something to start with.

Beast, Mystique, and Blob all appeared as bosses or helper NPCs. Frost did too, but she didn't use her powers so they didn't bother porting her effects.

Most of Magma's stuff is models, which seem to be half-present, half-not. :ugh:

EDIT: On second look, they are pretty much all present. And don't worry, no one can trump Jubilee in terms of effects (I spent a 24 hour period on that one)

Shadow King.

You're more than welcome to cry if you want to.  If I were you, I would.

/Cries

PS: Remember: Avalanche, Jubilee, Magma, Psylocke and Marrow all have ent files to convert, in addition to the ps/talent. I didn't do any ent files (Frost and Beast don't have em)