XML1 & XML2 Character Release Compendium

Started by DJay Saint, April 02, 2007, 02:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 04, 2007, 08:53PM #30 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:57PM by Burning Rage
No, the custom AoA didn't make it in.  I was under the assumption that it was MUA formated, and wasn't very interested in converting it right now.  I just wanted a playable Psylocke.  Once I add another power or two (I'm really wanting to do her Psychic Katanas, and will be working on a way to do an attack for them.  The only concern I have is that she lacks the animation for one...  If only I could splice an animation or two from Nightcrawler...), then I'm done with her.  Then, I will work on her skins.  The ones I plan on doing:

1.  Classic
2.  AoA
3.  Astonishing
4.  X-treme (With Crimson Dawn tattoo)

Quote from: BliZZPS: Who is next? *Prays for Avalanche*

In case you couldn't tell, I <3 Avalanche much in the same way you do Psylocke :runaway:

But not nearly as much as I <3 Rogue...  :laugh:

Who is the next character on the list?  *shrugs*  I thought Beast was a general consensus, but seeing as how you want Avalanche, I guess I can do him next.  He had enough powers in XML1 to easily make playable.  The Brotherhood got shafted anyhow.  However, I'm not really interested in coloring his effects...  That's something I'm dreading with a passion.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

You COULD splice anims in MUA, so you may want to wait until you port her to it before you give her her Katana attack.

/goes to test Psylocke. Boy, am I giddy! Thanks, dude!

EDIT: RE: AoA Custom - It is MUA format, but I have the XML2 one and could easily give it to you, if you want it.

April 04, 2007, 09:02PM #32 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:09PM by Burning Rage
No doubt.  She is getting Elektra's combat skellie for the grab-smash and sai attacks (which will translate into her Psychic Katanas...).  *nods*  I can't wait to port her to MUA.  Let me know if you see any bugs.  I still can't get her second Psy Blade to go away after the boost now... (after all that time throwing a fit trying to get it to show up, now I can't get it to go away :P)  If I go to the char menu, it disappears entirely whether the boost is over or not, but she still has the boosted stats.  I figured it was because the char menu uses the same bolton.  So I copied the one she uses in dual wield, renamed it, and defined the rename in her powerstyle.  Then I also applied the "life =" definition to the bolton, but it seems that doesn't work.  Any suggestions?  It's the only bug that I know of.

EDIT: RE: RE: AoA Custom - Sure, I suppose it won't hurt for now.  Eventually I'm going to reskin one anyway to add more detail to it.  It's not that I don't appreciate it, I really do.  I'm just picky with detail (same reason why I reskinned Gambit's retro outfit...  His boots were greyish, but they were supposed to be a type of blue with lines, that black thing on his head was missing, his gloves didn't cover his middle and ring finger, he was missing his blue belt, and that thing around his neck wasn't there... So I added all of that... :runaway:  Thanks for the skin anyway darkmythology, no offense intended.).

Yeah, I get that same bug. It went away when, but it took a while.

Another bug that I get:

I used all the files you gave, so either you gave the wrong one or made a mistake somewhere.

AoA Psylocke, XML2 Format

April 04, 2007, 09:11PM #34 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:16PM by Burning Rage
You know, I get that same issue.  I changed Emma's menu portrait name so it didn't show up in game, and then Psylocke's shows up just fine.  When you use texturefinder, you will see Psylocke's portrait is indeed in there.  I honestly don't know what the issue is.  I've double-checked all my packages, and they all look normal to me.  I replaced professor X in my game permanently with Psylocke since I thought the head NPC shouldn't be playable (oh, and he can't walk, remember?).  In doing so, I figure if I took his menu portrait out of the hero heads package maybe Psylocke's and Emma's will show up at the same time, but that didn't work either.  I still see two Emmas.  I honestly don't know what the deal is, but obviously I made a mistake somewhere.  Psylocke > Emma Frost, so I just left Emma's portrait renamed for now until I figure out a way to have both of theirs at the same time.  Maybe the textureicon definition in the herostat?  I don't know how that coincides with the portraits, but I read somewhere it's supposed to.  *shrugs*

Yeah, I know the issue. I re-skinned Cyc's for Cannonball, Cable, AND X-Man, and they ALL show up as Cyc. :wtflol:

:rofl:... I reskinned Kitty's for Emma, but she doesn't show up as Kitty... anymore.  I'll try a random non-playable character and see what happens...  Wait, since I'm not using Prof X anymore, I'll reskin his.  I set Psylocke's textureicon in herostat the same as his.  I'll give it a try.

Yep.  How about them apples.  New portrait.  I reskinned Prof X's portrait, and presto!  Emma's and Psylocke's now both work together like a charm.

hey heres a classic Psylocke skin geru02 made in case someone wants to use it
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=36f0bf99b337819f6da611348a91b107

and if i may be annoying again, could anyone hook me up with a save game file and the settings.dat file with both Emma and Psylocke unlocked i would be forever grateful, just pm me.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Good job man!
I am just wondering... will you make a similar mod for Psylocke for MUA when your XML2 version is completed? :)

April 04, 2007, 11:03PM #41 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 11:06PM by Burning Rage
Save

Next time please use the unlock chars cheat, or replace an existing character in your herostat.  It works, because I've done it, and so have several others who have used the mod.

Quote from: iammingy on April 04, 2007, 10:41PM
I am just wondering... will you make a similar mod for Psylocke for MUA when your XML2 version is completed? :)
Any release info is in the first post of this thread, which is updated frequently.  But yes, I will eventually.  Being that I can use two skeletons for MUA, her powerset will be much more developed because I can give her a proper psychic katana attack and I'll have more animations to work with.

ok thanks
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it