XML1 & XML2 Character Release Compendium

Started by DJay Saint, April 02, 2007, 02:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just for the little square head on selection. Jean may have been a dyke, but she WAS over-powered/awesome.
Slutty Emma is hawt, but it doesn't fit in stylistically w/ the others.

PS: I've just reminded myslef that the WORST thing about Xbox XML1 was that there was a glitch that made it so that Nightcrawler's comic book did NOT exist. Damn, was I pissed off.

PPS: Don't convert a nav while you are tipsy (even if it is just a little). I cant get C's and p's out of my eyes! AAAAAAA!!!!

PPPS: If we are talking wallpapers for loading,this needs to be astolen.

April 07, 2007, 07:10PM #61 Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 07:13PM by Burning Rage
Are you taking those straight out of the PS2 files?  If so, they look awesome on PC, but look like a steaming pile of you know what while actually playing the game.

PS:  Bread and water helps you get over it faster.  You're even slurring your typing.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just kidding by the way...  But I was serious about the bread and water.  Step brother drank himself stupid plenty of times, and it helped him get ready for school the day after.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

No, those are from websites. Straight from pS2 is preferable (although I am not sure Pyro/Av and Sabes exist in-game)

PS: Water, I know, I've been drinking a shitlaod. Ive peed like 50X since I've been home. God, drinking in the afternoon is the worst decision. Take note: kids - no drinking till late @ nite.

Alright, enough spam. But, seriously, I think you should change the char select squares to use those wallpapers.

Also, I am taking a nap. Hopefully I'll be up in an hour or so. Then I'll get back to the eng and (hopefully) finish it before the day is up. I probably won't (finish, I WILL wake up) though, so expect it tomorrow.

While playing through XML1, not every character used a loading screen as their portrait.  The ones that used a portrait that was close to the loading screen were cropped out of it, so you can't tell it's their loading screen anyway.  I've redone about the majority of the character portraits for my XML2 game anyway, so the slutty Emma fits.  But if you want me to throw together some generic ones from the loading screens, I'll do that and put them in the character packs as an alternate, i.e. the user can choose which portrait they want to use.  I'm also going to make some more HUD heads so the convo portrait will accurately portray the costume the character is wearing.  Content updates for Emma Frost and Psylocke coming soon!

I chopped out squares (but didn't shrink them, as I forget if they need to be 128x or 64x)

PS: I was editing the post just when you replied :P And I think we should include these w/ the mod, but you can use whichever you please.

April 09, 2007, 07:08PM #66 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 07:39PM by Burning Rage
As promised, Psylocke and Emma Frost updates:

Psylocke v1.2
Emma Frost v2.0

Release notes on changes in first post.  Shorthand notes though:

Emma's powers no longer work in Diamond Form.  You heard me dammit, I finally got her powers to not work while in Diamond Form.  I also fixed a TON of her animation issues.

Psylocke's Dual Wield boost is fixed, both power wise, and effects wise.  Enjoy the satisfaction of having two psychic blades as intended now.

EDIT:  For those (or the one, actually) who complain they can't use momoshare:
Emma
Psylocke

Oh, and each has an alternate menu portrait.  Look at BliZZ's previous post for details.

April 09, 2007, 07:27PM #67 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:59PM by nodoubt_jr
thanks i'll try them out

edit:  emma looks great, the effects look so good.  But everytime i try to change her custome to the second one the game crashes, any idea why?
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Yeah...  Because at one point in time I was going to use the AoA slot as a new skin.  However, I never got around to actually doing the skin.  Nerf it in herostat and it won't CTD.  Her skins she DOES have are the 9003 (PS2) and 9001 (already on your computer, as it is the NPC's skin).  Or, you could take the lazy way out, copy a skin she has, and rename it to 9002.  *shrugs*  I noticed that about a half hour ago when I got to act 3 for the first time on PC.  I had a LOT of package redefinitions to do... :rofl:

ok i'll add the space one from the x-men mega skin pack, thanks
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

I replaced ironman with betsy and gave Emma the spare spot.  Everything works perfectly except one thing.  I noticed that people had problems with psylocke's portrait on a previous page but mine is slightly different.  Professor X's portrait just disapears from the list.  He is selectable and playable, but his pic appeared corectly when I just added Emma in the spare slot.  However, the bug ocurred after I added Betsy.  Any pointers?
  From the Ashes she will rise.

I set Betsy's textureicon value in the herostat the same as the Professor's because I replaced him... being that he can't even walk, he shouldn't be fighting, right?  No, but I just would rather have Betsy.  Just change the textureicon value to something else, or replace it with Ironman's.

i thought it was Psylocke's characters_heads.PKGB that removed Prof X menu portrait, Emma's pkgb has it, while Psylocke's doesnt.  I just added him to the characters head package and it appeared.

Yeah, probably that too.  I forgot I added that package.  I really have to remember to take those packages out...

nope i was wrong, sorry.  now psylocke shows up as prof x, weird.  I dont know the problem.