XML1 & XML2 Character Release Compendium

Started by DJay Saint, April 02, 2007, 02:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
He's on the list, I just forgot to write it down in my first post.  I'll upload Avalanche and Mysique this weekend, and start on Havok.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Quote from: Burning Rage on April 19, 2007, 06:46AM
He's on the list, I just forgot to write it down in my first post.  I'll upload Avalanche and Mysique this weekend, and start on Havok.

thanks in advance
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Beast (alpha v 0.75)

--==KNOWN BUGS==--
-Orbital Bombardment doesn't work yet.  I'm working on it
-Not every skin has conversation icons
-A few hud_heads are 'off'.  They're miscolored
-No team select icon
-No icon for multiplayer Danger Room
-Power values not finalized

--==HOW TO INSTALL==--
1-Extract the folders ONLY to your /X-Men Legends 2 folder
2-Add Beast to the herostat (he will unlock through a script in the tutorial level, so if you start a new game, he'll be selectable at the first extraction point)

--==AUTHORS==--
Raven Software, BliZZ, Darkmythology, Teancum, Burning Rage

i just put him in the game, he works great, awesome alternate customes.  cant wait for the  orbital bombardment to work.  Also just wanted to mention ive had no problems with it, the game hasnt acted weird or anything.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Good to know.  I'll post a new beta when Orbital works.

Can u Upload Beast on some other site, whenever I go to the site, it says the slots are full come back later.

Please upload it somewhere else

Sorry guys, I've been web-dead for a week or so.  Being that I started my classes again and such, I've been busy with a TON of things, and haven't had a whole lot of time to do much else.  The Avalanche and Mystique mods were projected to be done by last weekend, but I didn't have time to add the finishing touches.  I'll try to get those out of the way this weekend, and hopefully I'll have those up soon.  Also, I've been working on a Punisher for MUA, and have several skin fixes for MUA also.  I'll post when I get done, which will hopefully be this weekend.

TC:  Orbital Bombardment is similar to Gambit's 52 pick-up and Psylocke's "insert power name here (I can't remember it off the top of my head)" xtreme, right?  Why not borrow the code for that?  I'm only assuming, as I've never actually used Beast.  Rewriting the powerstyles from XML1 exactly also works too, since most of the terminology is exactly the same.  If you haven't been able to get it working yet, I'll see if I can't figure out something to get it working when I get done with Avalanche, Mystique, and Punisher.  Maybe some fresh ideas could help?  *shrugs*  Now that I got 3d Max, I am going to start making new models for characters for MUA eventually.  Finishing XML2 is on my agenda first though, with the exception of Punisher.  He's too hella cool not to have included, and I play MUA a lot, so he was my personal project.  Anyway, I'll keep updates and try to upload this weekend.

I'd imagine it's a lack of an ents file. I have yet to test, but my comp is back tomorrow. I'll give feedback then.

I got Orbital Working actually by using Mr. Fantastic as a template.  No damage though for some reason.  Anyways, I'm going to get all powers displaying before I tweak values, so next up is Roar Of The Beast.  It's going to be a fear/debuff deal, using his other boost animation slowed down.  (I sped the Beastial Soul's anim up to 1.25) 

You guys probably know it already but i'm gonna say it just in case, Beast already has the conversation and the character selection portraits in XML2, so does angel
By the way, good idea for a mod, Beast was the character that i most missed... I downloaded it and it works ok in non-combatant areas, with his powers apperaring in the list, but when you get to the other areas his powers disaperar... i don't know the reason...

see ya

April 30, 2007, 05:23PM #104 Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 05:25PM by Burning Rage
Well, I've gotten a LOT done with Avalanche... except that I can't even try him.  I get a CTD every time I try to select him, and can not figure out what in the monkeyfuck the problem is.  I'll get back to it eventually I guess.  Right now I'm not interested in going through every single file and looking for through every single line of code to see where I phuked up at.  There's too many variables to test, and I don't feel like spending that much time trying to guess and hope.  So until I do, Avalanche is on a super hiatus.  However, I thought his talents and powerstyle were written exceptionally well, as they look cool as hell on "paper".  Sorry guys.  I'll get to finishing Mystique up, then I'll figure out where I'll go from there.