XML1 & XML2 Character Release Compendium

Started by DJay Saint, April 02, 2007, 02:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
ahh thats to bad, but dont worry we still have the other new characters to play with.  thanks in advance for anything you release.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I cannot figure out what the hell the issue is.  I've been over the packages a hundred times.  I've been over the herostat definition a million times.  I've even discovered there was a character named "avalanche" in npcstat already and renamed Avalanche to "avalanche_hero", and changed all packages, skeletons, talents/powerstyles to reflect that change.  I've looked over the talent files and powerstyle to make sure nothing was duplicated or left out.  This mod just refuses to load without crashing the game.  Here are the files in case if anyone wants to dick around with them and try to get it to work or figure out where I went wrong.  I've yet to do the icons, portraits, etc. and I also have some reworking of the effects to do, but I can't do those until I get the fucker to load in game.  Either way, I've worked on this enough to say the hell with it, so here's the raw Avalanche in it's nonworking glory:

Avalanche
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

If you don't mind, I'd like to take a swing at it. I have a certain, ahem, desire to see him done.

Also, the NPCstat entry is useless and should be removed. He never appears, remember?

about Avalanche, i just replaced some stuff for cyclops and this is what i found.  Skeleton works, talents work except the x-tremes and the boost, effects work, powerstyle didnt cause it to crash.  I didnt try the models in the effects folder, herostats, entities, hud, or packages.  Hope that helps in anyway.  I'll try the rest tommorow.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

BurningRage, I just put your Avalanche in, and he doesn't CTD the game. Don't know why he would on yours?

Anywho, with your permission, I'd like to tidy him up some. He doesn't deal any damage (probably something in his ps referring to him as a boss, I'll have to see). Gonna need to recolor all his effects, as well.

Absolutely.  It's not a problem with me by any means.  If anyone wants to work on a mod I've done, I have no problem with it.  Thanks for asking though, I do appreciate that.

I never got around to testing his powers since I kept getting a CTD, so I gave up on Avalanche, and I haven't touched him since.  It sucks that his powers don't deal damage, since I spent the better part of three hours or more hand writing his power style definitions.  Without glancing at them, I would probably say I didn't define the power names in the powerstyle the same as the talents, or I messed up the damage line definitions.  I did define damage though, I probably just did it screwy, like outside the trigger or something.

Sorry I didn't get it done though.  I hope you could see where I was going with him, and the files at least give you a good head start.  I don't know how you guys feel about my other two mods, but I try to do good work as opposed to junk.  Once I get time to get back to modding, I'll hit up the XML1 levels again and get those up and running in XML2.  I'm also still working on Mystique for XML2, but that's another story for a different day.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

May 16, 2007, 03:29PM #112 Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 04:43PM by BliZZ
Yeah, I'm still looking out at that potential XML1/XML2 mod. :naughty:

Right now, I'm compiling the herostat/npcstat to reflect the DR files how I'd like them set up. I'm straightening out costume nomenclature, and seeing which extra skins need hud heads (the 3d ones, before someone jumps a gun on me)

Psylocke/Emma are great, I don't think anyone would argue. Teancum's Beast is also good. Avalanche is the only missing piece in my herostat atm (or was, I should say :P).

Off to work on the damage issue.

Put together 2 new menu portraits: Avalanche and Iceman (with his hat, b/c Iced-Down Iceman (for the mansion) has a hat, so hat will become his new base costume). I didn't make the Beast one, it was already built in.

Hey BliZZ, do you have any interest in polishing up Beast?  I've got Orbital Bombardment to work, but he needs a couple more moves and some tweaks.  I'm too dedicated to the Xbox mods to really work on him much.

Sure, upload your newest version and I'll do him and Dominic simultaneously.

Meanwhile, more usefully, official dialog heads (stolen from XML1) for Hatted Iceman, Psylocke, and Avalanche! Numbered properly for their individual characters, of course.

I started a Havok mod a little while ago, however he seems to crash when you select him.  I can pull up the list and his pic and name appears, but as I said it crashes. 

The pack is at the bottom, I think I will try assigning unique effects instead of borrowing from other characters I omitted.  If anybody has the time, can they have a look?  I am new to this so am pretty much I can only try my best.

http://files.filefront.com//;7538700;;/
  From the Ashes she will rise.

fixed that problem, but there is a new minor one. The mod seems playable though.

see here:  http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=454.0
  From the Ashes she will rise.

May 24, 2007, 10:10PM #119 Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 12:22PM by nodoubt_jr
ok ive been working on a Cable Mod, well actually trying to convert Blizz's Cable Mod so it can be used in XML2, but I get a CTD whenever i try to add him to a current game.  Its not the skeleton or skin cause both of those i replaced with Bishop's skin and skeleton.  Its driving me crazy, it works on old games and the dangeroom, but not in new games.  I even tried cable_hero.  If any of you mod experts can take a look at it and maybe try to fix it i would be so happy.

old link removed

p.s. sorry for the double post