XML1 & XML2 Character Release Compendium

Started by DJay Saint, April 02, 2007, 02:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 25, 2007, 01:27PM #120 Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 01:32PM by Teancum
Hey, did we ever get a Mystique mod started?  She might be next on the list for the 'box mod, replacing Sabertooth since he gets captured.  She could just unlock after act 2 automatically.

May 25, 2007, 01:30PM #121 Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 01:36PM by Burning Rage
I did.  Like Avalanche, I just haven't finished it yet.  I got caught up in porting Rogue to MUA because she is t3h hawtness.  I'll finish Mystique this weekend, as well as try to figure out why Avalanche crashes my game, and nobody else's.  Once I figure that out, I'll finish working on him and have Avalanche done too.

EDIT:  As a side note, I didn't realize I released the "classic" skin for Pyslocke.  I never intended to do so, and forgot to take it out of the folder when I uploaded the update for Psylocke.  Reason being is that I was not finished with it, and her face still looks like crap.  I'll fix that soon, and upload the updated skin.  I'm also going to work on Polaris so she is a unique character, and isn't just a cloned Magneto with giant breasts.  Any complaints about Emma yet?  If not, I believe she is done (well, I'm going to make a new icon set for her, as the one I did was half-assed and a quick fix so there was something to look at).
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

To flesh out an XML2 Cable a bit more we could make a fightstyle_cable.xmlb and then rename the 'box or PS2 version of ##_nickfury_4_combat.igb to fightstyle_cable.igb.  Sure, we'd have to mix/match the melee combos to look right, but that doubles the amount of powers we have to choose from for Cable when we combine it with 18_bishop.igb.  After Memorial Day I'll take a look into that since I've got MUA for the 'box.

Making a fightstyle file with a combat skeleton...  I never thought of that!  How do all the animations work out (run, fly, power animations, melee animations, etc.)?  Do they transition smoothly?  If so, that would give me cause to get back to ripping the 'box skeletons off of MUA so we have a TON of skellies to use for XML2 character ports, which would make characters more fleshed out and more unique.  That would also help in MUA with Rogue's 3rd skin giving her Sunfire's powers.  Rather than replacing her Ms. Marvel skeleton which I use for all her combat animations, flying, etc., I can just add Sunfire's skeleton as a fightstyle.

I'm sorry I'm new here could someone please send me a message explaining how to put these new characters into my game, that would be great. Thanks- RC

Quote from: Roguecrawler on May 30, 2007, 03:47PM
I'm sorry I'm new here could someone please send me a message explaining how to put these new characters into my game, that would be great. Thanks- RC

everything you need is in the read me file inside the mods
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: Teancum on May 25, 2007, 01:33PM
To flesh out an XML2 Cable a bit more we could make a fightstyle_cable.xmlb and then rename the 'box or PS2 version of ##_nickfury_4_combat.igb to fightstyle_cable.igb.  Sure, we'd have to mix/match the melee combos to look right, but that doubles the amount of powers we have to choose from for Cable when we combine it with 18_bishop.igb.  After Memorial Day I'll take a look into that since I've got MUA for the 'box.

did this ever work out?
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Downloading Cable right now to see what I can do.

the cable mod crashes in certain points, im still trying to fix that. but he works find in the dangeroom and on some old saved games.

Hey BliZZ -- as long as you're updating Beast for MUA, why not release a new version for XML?

Mostly because I used a MUA handler/Black Panther's animations to flesh him out.... :laugh:

I can get you Black Panther's skeleton for XML2.  ;)

i think people should know if they have trouble with pylocke that they sould change her hud head for the x-box one

Out of a couple hundred downloads only two people have had that problem.  It's not the HUD.  If it were, everyone would have that problem.  And her name is PSYLOCKE.  P-S-Y-L-O-C-K-E

yep its the video card, or lack of a video card, it doesnt work well with the 3d head in the mod.