Boost Bug?

Started by DJay Saint, March 25, 2007, 05:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Has anyone else had a problem with the boosts in game so far?  At random times, the boosts absolutely refuse to work.  When I activate any of them, the power gets used, but neither the visual effects or the bonuses are applied.  This has been happening on and off throughout the whole game.  More specifically, I try to use Ms. Marvel's Binary Boost, and at times it never applies, although it saps the energy for using it.  I also try to use her Photon Burst attack, but the photons won't orbit her, and it still drains the energy for using it.  The same with Invisible Woman... she sometimes doesn't turn invisible, and the enemies can detect her, but the energy is drained.  Obviously it's a bug of some sort, but I wanted to get everyone else's experiences first.  Switching characters doesn't work (reloading the character info), neither does reloading the game (*shrugs*).  I have to close out the game and start it again in order to get the boosts to work.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

How much have you modded the game?  I have a couple of light mods that are easily reversible, but admit I don't use the boosts as much as I should.  I'll try testing em out more and see what I find.

In all honesty?  Barely any at all.  I made a couple value changes to the passives on the costumes, and a few value changes in the herostat, and that's it.  Being that it's my first time actually playing through MUA, I figured I'd keep off the heavy modding so I can get the full effect of the game.  I've modded the crap out of XML2 though, and haven't had a single problem with anything in it yet.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.