Buying Skills for Money instead of using actual Skillpoints?

Started by karacho, March 23, 2009, 11:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sry if thats a stupid question, but i am just starting to play the game, and i have read about buying skills with money instead of actually using skill points.

How does that work? If i click on a skill it uses the skillpoints i have, and not the money. Maybe the game will clear that up later for me, but i dont want to miss something.

Oh, and is there a way to switch off the automatic distribution of skills and items for all charakters at once? Or do i have to do it for every charakter one by one?

As this is my first thread, i also want to say that this here is an awesome place. :)

1) once you have spent all your reserve points, you'll be able to buy another one, as long as that skill's next level is unlocked. Just don't worry too much about skill points; you can substract a point in any skill and reallocate it to another one, except for the first point spent on any skill.

2) one by one, sadly.

Ok, thank you for clearing that up for me. :)
Is there something else i could miss? I heard something about not getting a specific disc or something which you cant get later and therefore missing the disc and Silver Surfer.

To my knowledge, the important missables are (I'll do this as spoiler free as I can):
Sim discs: Mysterio: Act 2, mission 1, first area. Don't leave the "Castle" without it.
                 Deadpool: Act 3, after unfreezing some guy, he'll ask for a horn. Search for it, you'll find the disc on the way to the horn.
                 Piledriver: Act 4, mission 2, first area. Whenever you're inside a building, search all rooms. They're not that big anyways.

Skill points: Act 2, mission 1, first area. You'll be followed by a spike wall somewhere along the way, after it stops, push it to reveal a secret area with a chest and a skill point.
                   Act 5, after checking the statue, in the next area, there's a room with beds and a fireplace. It's in plain sight.

There's also some stat upgrades, some Black Panther and Daredevil figures and probably some artwork. The stat upgrades are not as important as the skill points, there are more than enough figures as to unlock both characters (so missing a couple is not a big deal), and artwork has no effect on the game whatsoever, and you can get it in another playthrough, while using Silver Surfer ;).

Thank you again. Thats some cool miniguide of important missables. :)
Even though its very offtopic: i have to say this game is so much fun, sticking bad guys to the ceiling with Spider-mans web never gets old, and its not even a special move. :D