Angel Mod

Started by darkmythology, April 05, 2007, 03:56PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 05, 2007, 03:56PM Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 09:02PM by Outsider
Here's my long-worked on Angel Mod.

4 skins are included in game (plus a bonus Days of Future Now skin), as well as the necessary effects, 3 HUDs (one is duplicated until I get a good source file for AOA Angel), etc.

The Herostat.engb and Herostat.xmlb are not included, as so many people are using so many different mods. There is, however, a text file listing the Herostat entries for both files, and they simply need to be added, given your preferred menu location, and recompiled. (xmlbcompile is necessary for this, findable elsewhere).

This still needs: Age of Apocalypse HUD, a loadscreen, and the ever-challenging Mannequin.

As usual, feedback is welcome.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/i3wnsenle86yek7

Edit: Made that 4th HUD and reuploaded the fixed rar to a new link.

April 05, 2007, 03:59PM #1 Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 04:16PM by BliZZ
I've got all AoA issues on my HDD right now... want me to see if I can find a good source for you?

EDIT: Dug through AoA Angel's appearances, any of these tickle your fancy?
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3

Yes, thank you. One of those worked nicely.

Out of curiosity, which? The first would be my guess.

Yup. Crazy sonuvabeach Warren was the best.

Couple o' things:
- During his hold down and spin attack- he pauses, instead of spinning constantly. Probably an animation problem
- You used an Ultimate picture for his Modern hud, which means he was topless w/ long hair, unlike the skin

Great mod, though! He is a lot of fun! The most distracting thing is after defeating a villain, he states his desire to serve Apocalypse :rofl:

April 05, 2007, 05:35PM #6 Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 05:39PM by iammingy
Hi! Thanks for sharing your mod.
I have just installed it.

1. Angel cannot fly in my game, when I look at the hero details from the menu, it saids he has got only "melee combat moves".

2. I find that the animation for Wing Cyclone a bit awkward. He looks great when spinning once. However, when you hold the button (for spinning more than once), his animation is like: curl in wings, spins for 360 degrees, curl in wings, spins for 360 degrees...  My suggestion is: wouldn't it look better and more efficient for game play if he just keep on spinning as in: curl in wings, spins for 360 degrees, spins for 360 degrees, spins for 360 degrees, etc.

EDIT#1: woops, BLIZZ have just beaten me to mention it...haha

EDIT#2: One more thing, where should I put the x-voice.zzs file? (Wait a sec, it should be "ZSS" instead of "ZZS" :P)

It would be much better with a fluid animation, but the only way to do that would have been to use Deadpool as a base, which gets into all sorts of complications with his wings. I'd rather he look like a nancyboy than screw everything else up. Basically, the move has 3 animations- start, loop, and end, which Angel doesn't really have built into his anim set...his spin is all one animation. So it was either that, or scrap the power. I'm not in love with the power anyway though, so if people think it's silly enough, I have no problem scrapping it.

The HUD....yeah. Since the default XML2 costume isn't really a real comic costume, I just went with cool looking, rather than accurate. I will likely end up tweaking up another Angel costume at some point, with a more appropriate HUD.

As for the flying...did you start a brand new game? I know that characters often won't fly unless a new game is started.

EDIT: The X-Voice.whatever should be placed as archa_v.whatever under the same file as archa_m.whatever. so sounds/eng/a/r

OK, lemme try to start a new game!

To answer my own question for the sounds:

sounds/eng/a/r/archa_v.zss

EDIT: THanks, I have just found out from another thread. :)

I know that it isn't real but you could find a hi-res image of this costume, or even use his XML2 hud_head as a base.

Yep, flight and might worked when "start[ing] new game with default stats".

QuoteIt would be much better with a fluid animation, but the only way to do that would have been to use Deadpool as a base, which gets into all sorts of complications with his wings. I'd rather he look like a nancyboy than screw everything else up. Basically, the move has 3 animations- start, loop, and end, which Angel doesn't really have built into his anim set...his spin is all one animation. So it was either that, or scrap the power. I'm not in love with the power anyway though, so if people think it's silly enough, I have no problem scrapping it.

Understood. It's fine for me, don't scrap it. :)

Do all the rest of you guys have Icons for him? they don't seem to appear in my game.

Nope, no icons yet. Gotta get together with Noehl to try to work that one out, as he seems to be the only one able to get reskinned icons to work. For now, just rename another character's icons as angel_icons and see if that works for ya.

Hmm. I can make some if you want and you're not in a rush. Any image suggestions? Oh, and I made a set for personal use for your phoenix mod if you want them:

April 06, 2007, 01:04AM #14 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 01:51AM by iammingy
I have been using Angel since I installed the mod. Now I have some weird problems. @_@
After I have added the item Radioactive Touch to Angel, all of his powers (including Xtreme) don't do any damage or only does 1 damage and the enemies won't get stunned. Also, the energy level doesn't decrease and heal can't restore health. The standard (light/heavy) melee attacks and all the animations still work fine though. Removing/replacing the item cannot resolve the problem.  Quitting and loading the game again doesn't help either.

EDIT#1: Ok, I started a new game with saved game stats, the problem is gone, though Radioactive Touch is still attached to Angel. :) I don't know what happened. @_@

EDIT#2: [in Darth Vader's voice] Nooooooooooooooooooo......
This time I have attached Angel with the +5 striking item. After playing (in the new game) for a while, I am getting the same bug again. @_@