Can anyone tell me step by step how to download and insert the mod onto my game?

Started by Iron Carnage, April 10, 2009, 11:41AM

Previous topic - Next topic
First of all, I need to download Texmod. Does anyone have a link?

Then I need to know how to turn my .rar (Toxin and Ben Riley) into tpf files.

This is for Spiderman: Web Of Shadows by the way.

Any help would be awesome.

Link where download it, is this :

http://www.bigdownload.com/games/texmod/pc/texmod/

After that, extract the content of the .zip and double click on the Texmod icon. A box should appear, this is the TexMod. There is a big cartel icon where is written Target Application. Click on it and search in the game directory the game the ".exe" file. Mine is like this :

"D:\Spider-Man - Web of Shadows\image\pc\Spider-Man Web of Shadows.exe"

Done that, we must select the ".tpf" file that we want to load. Click on the smaller cartel icon, it should be in the middle of the TexMod. After that, search for the ".tpf" file you want to load. Select it and open it. Now it should be visible on the "Select Packages" window. Now just hit the "Run" button and enjoy. :D

Thank you.:D

What if the files I've downloaded are .rar files though?

And for some reason, the mods do not show up in my documents when searching, but do when I open them up via the start menu.

Quote from: Iron Carnage on April 10, 2009, 01:35PM
Thank you.:D

What if the files I've downloaded are .rar files though?
Its the same thing, you must extract the files wherever you want, and than load it between TexMod.
They may do not show up because you didn't set the type of file when you was searching.

Another problem unfortunately..>.>

The files are not zipped, and cannot be extracted.

Quote from: Iron Carnage on April 10, 2009, 02:08PM
Another problem unfortunately..>.>

The files are not zipped, and cannot be extracted.
How its possible that they cannot be extracted? Just double click on it and extract it.

For some reason, if I double click, I have to find a programme to open it with.

Quote from: Iron Carnage on April 11, 2009, 03:47AM
For some reason, if I double click, I have to find a programme to open it with.
This means that you don't have WinZip/WinRAR installed on your computer. Install one of those and retry. Or if you have those programs installed, just select the program which open the .zip file.

Am I doing something wrong, because I keep getting the D'OH! screen and a Blocked Trojan!

Seems all in order. What do you mean by saying "D'OH! screen and a Blocked Trojan" ?

It says Trojan blocked by my Anti virus, and the D'OH! Chocolate egg happened screen appears if it isnt working.

Quote from: Iron Carnage on April 11, 2009, 12:43PM
It says Trojan blocked by my Anti virus, and the D'OH! Chocolate egg happened screen appears if it isnt working.
What Antivirus program do you have?

AVG, although I do not know  if that is the cause of the problem.