The XML1 -> XML2 Project

Started by DJay Saint, April 06, 2007, 12:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nice, so Beast's new hud_heads are fixed?  Oh, and we need to get the PS2 Beast model.  Since it doesn't have mipmaps we should get a decent rez face for Astonishing Beast.

'Cept for Spacesuit, which looks crazy-bad for some reason.

Turns out you can only have the # of team bonuses that already exist + 1. So, I used all the official ones (minus Family Affair, since there are no longer enough relatives), Astonishing X-Men, and 'Ancient Rome' (using the _future skinset, into which I slipped all of the gladiator costumes)

May 18, 2007, 06:08PM #138 Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 10:22AM by BliZZ
Updated version added below.

^^^^I threw together the latest versions of Psylocke, Emma, Beast, and Avalanche into one quick download, complete with lots of skins (for all characters) and revamped team_bonuses. The iconset for the DR is still wip (need to fix the alpha channel); and Beast and Avalanche are still the same heavy wips posted earlier with few changes. This is just to give everyone an idea of the final roster for the proposed XML mod which I still hope to do.

There are a lot of Customs, hopefully no makers mind. If they do, just say so, and I'll take it down. I know some of the Beasts and the custom Iceman were done by darkmythology; BurningRage did Classic Gambit/Psylocke, I did AoA Beast, iammingy did the Pyro, and Xorn/Classic Emma/AoA Psylocke came from the intranets. It was so long ago I forget who did them, speak up if you did/want credit.

Enjoy.

May 18, 2007, 06:14PM #139 Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 06:19PM by nodoubt_jr
are Beast and Avalanche complete ones or the ones that were previously posted?

edit: nevermind i just read with some changes
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

And... adding chars to the DR (unlocked via script) is pretty easy. Gotta add the char to NPCstat, set their level to 30, level all their moves/stats accordingly, and then have fun :P

Deadpool is done. Iron Man, Polaris, and Xavier are next.

stats {
   autospend = bruiser_light ;
   body = 70 ;
   characteranims = 44_deadpool_hero ;
   charactername = Deadpool ;
   level = 30 ;
   mind = 100 ;
   name = Deadpool ;
   playable = true ;
   power1 = power1 ;
   power2 = power2 ;
   power3 = power3 ;
   power4 = power9 ;
   powerstyle = ps_deadpool ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 4403 ;
   skin_aoa = 02 ;
   skin_future = 34 ;
   skin_weaponx = 33 ;
   skin_winter = 32 ;
   sounddir = dphero_m ;
   speed = 60 ;
   strength = 60 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 40 ;
      Race {
      name = Mutant ;
      }

Race {
      name = Brotherhood ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = sword_l_back ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = sword_r_hand ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = guns ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      nonmenuonly = true ;
      showskin = sword_l_back ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = sword_l_hand ;
      nonmenuonly = true ;
      }

talent {
      level = 4 ;
      name = dead_jab ;
      }

talent {
      level = 4 ;
      name = dead_pistols ;
      }

talent {
      level = 4 ;
      name = dead_taunt ;
      }

talent {
      level = 4 ;
      name = dead_blade ;
      }

talent {
      level = 4 ;
      name = dead_tele ;
      }

talent {
      level = 4 ;
      name = dead_kick ;
      }

talent {
      level = 3 ;
      name = dead_nitro ;
      }

talent {
      level = 4 ;
      name = dead_mstry ;
      }

talent {
      level = 4 ;
      name = dead_stealth ;
      }

talent {
      level = 4 ;
      name = dead_regen ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_finesse1 ;
      }

talent {
      name = block ;
      }

talent {
      name = mutantmaster ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = grab ;
      }

}

^^What I put in NPCstat

Wolverine = End of Herostat characters

All 4 have working powers. I am balancing them with the level 30 heroes atm. (I have to level powers/stats on my own)

Quote from: BliZZ on May 18, 2007, 08:04PM
And... adding chars to the DR (unlocked via script) is pretty easy. Gotta add the char to NPCstat, set their level to 30, level all their moves/stats accordingly, and then have fun :P

Deadpool is done. Iron Man, Polaris, and Xavier are next.

Hold off on Polaris.  So far all I did was copy Magneto and rename that copy as Polaris, so she has nothing unique about her.  If you do her now and I eventually get around to her, she will be completely different than she is now.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Guys, a new idea as to how this could be pulled off: Selecting an Easy or Normal Game = 2 separate difficulties of XML1. Selecting a Hard Game = hard difficulty of XML2. That way, you can re-play either game individually if you desire, OR you can beat XML1 on Easy or Normal and then continue your game in XML2 on Hard.

What do you guys think?

If anyone is interested, here is my first mod (Havok).  I put a link to him here because he was in xml1.  Its in its early stages so I'm still working on it.  I'm sorry if it seems ameturish, but I'm new at this.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=454.0
  From the Ashes she will rise.

May 19, 2007, 09:58AM #145 Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 10:20AM by BliZZ
Regarding my earlier idea (2 posts up); the problem that we would run into is with comic books and dr discs. I wonder if there is a way to force the game to carry those over with a new game +?

EDIT: I know you said to hold off on Polaris, but she was already done. You can do an updated one, and I'll put it in.

Anywho, here is a new version, with those 4 added to the DR. YOu simply need to beat the tutorial again to unlock them. This is mostly an example more than anything else. I also added iammingy's 2 new Magnetos. In addition, I switched Iceman's base costume to hat and Juggs' base costume to red. Black Juggs and Hatless Iceman are still present as alt skins, but I feel base skins should remain the same between both games unless the story says other wise (Angel). And since XML1 Juggs boss version Helmeted & Helmetless were red, and Iced down Iceman had a hat, I felt those should be the base costumes. Juggs' char select image/wallpaper could be either (it is shadowy) and his dialog icon was already the red one :P

Phew, that was wordy.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=26456a95bc7077b670e7410a14bf15f0

thanks for the dangeroom info, i was able to add the invisible woman mua to xml2 mod i have been workin on to the dangeroom
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

May 19, 2007, 01:32PM #147 Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 01:37PM by Burning Rage
Quote from: BliZZ on May 19, 2007, 09:58AM
Regarding my earlier idea (2 posts up); the problem that we would run into is with comic books and dr discs. I wonder if there is a way to force the game to carry those over with a new game +?

EDIT: I know you said to hold off on Polaris, but she was already done. You can do an updated one, and I'll put it in.

Being that the level systems are completely different, we would have to incorporate XML1 as an add-on to XML2 (at the beginning obviously, and it would also make XML2's 99 level eleventy rank system actually make sense).  The game would probably start out as normal, and then when you get to the XML2 portion, it would be coded to be on the hard difficulty setting (XML1 didn't have a difficulty setting).  There's no way you can move on to the second half of the game at level 40+ and still play it on easy.  You wouldn't level up again or have any challenge until Act 5, if even then.  Being that it would all be one game, yeah, the comics and such can carry over.  However, we can always write a script so you can play XML2 as a stand alone so that it would skip over the XML1 portion.

The ideal way would be to start out by deciding how you would play the game.  If you want to play the compilation, then you get to start off by choosing that option, then choosing easy or normal with the XML1 portion, and then the game would be on hard by time you got to the XML2 portion.  Or if you just want to play as the XML2 portion, you select that option, then decide easy, normal, or hard.  To be honest though, I would rather start out with MUA's base engine, as it is more up to date, allows for new models to be made, has a bigger character limit, and supports advanced lighting.  I also think there may be a way to make cel shading an option you can turn on and off, which would be cool.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

May 19, 2007, 01:38PM #148 Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:18PM by BliZZ
Quote from: BliZZ on May 19, 2007, 08:48AM
Guys, a new idea as to how this could be pulled off: Selecting an Easy or Normal Game = 2 separate difficulties of XML1. Selecting a Hard Game = hard difficulty of XML2. That way, you can re-play either game individually if you desire, OR you can beat XML1 on Easy or Normal and then continue your game in XML2 on Hard.
^^
What do you think about this idea? Easy/Normal = XML1, start on level 1; Hard = XML2, start on level 45 OR carry over yer XML2 chars?

EDIT:
Quote from: Burning Rage on May 19, 2007, 01:32PM
To be honest though, I would rather start out with MUA's base engine, as it is more up to date, allows for new models to be made, has a bigger character limit, and supports advanced lighting.  I also think there may be a way to make cel shading an option you can turn on and off, which would be cool.

Are you suggesting that we port both games as a whole into MUA? That could work, although there are several things we'd have to look into (bridges, welding, charging-up batteries, etc). I dunno. The lack of a Danger Room really turns me off towards MUA. Although, I guess if the consensus is to port it, I'd be down with that. We could probably even add another option under play that reads 'X-Men Legends', that loads a 2nd New Game/Load Game menu.

Most of MUA's features can be back ported to XML2.  Making the health dots instant heal instead of picking up/using potions is doable, and I'm pretty sure grab-smashes are just defined between the interact_.xmlb and the powerstyle