I got an E-mail from Activision about MUA 2

Started by piutebob, April 14, 2009, 12:15PM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteHi Superfans,
The largest army of Super Heroes is back! We know you've been waiting for the next
Marvel™: Ultimate Alliance (MUA) and we want to thank you all for your patience and tell you that it is going to be well worth the wait. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (MUA2) is going to be even bigger and better than the first.

We are going to be launching a new MUA2 website and community. Now not only will you have access and inside info to MUA2, but also access to Hero HQ and the rest of the Activision Marvel titles.

360 Degree Screenshots
Check out the latest scenes from the game and get an unparalleled view with this new 360 degree screenshot.
Missions
You are part of the most loyal, hardcore fanbase. Strut your stuff and show everyone what you've got with our missions. Look for new missions at least every two weeks.

Characters Dossiers
Who's in the game? We know you're dying to know. Find out the latest character reveals and other info by going to our character section.
Click to view dossiers
Dev Blog
Want to know what it's like behind the curtain, where the magic happens? Check out the bi-weekly developer blog entries [link] by the team bringing you MUA2, Vicarious Visions.
This community is all about you. We want to give you the fans the opportunity to discuss the hot topics about MUA2, engage in actives you can't anywhere else, and learn as much about the games as possible so you are truly in the know.
MUA2 is back! See you in the community!

Hope you all like!

Me too. Pity it not for Pc... all I have is PC and a reg X-Box :(

Well I have the Wii (got it for free XD, that's why I call mine Wii-it's-Frii!) anywho, I'd rather like it to be ported over to the PC. If that's the case, hopefully it'll be customizable. Come one, those guys at Raven/Activision/Vicarious should give us some props for making all this stuff... Not only props, but also non-hardcoded files which can change the char limit and every other thing that helps us XD.

I received this same e-mail.

I have a Wii and my brother has a 360, though I'd just be happy if MUA2 stuff is backwards compatible. I imagine it will be as it's going to be released on the PS2 at least. We may very well have access to new skeletons, skins, effects, sounds. It makes me feel all giddy inside XD
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I dunno, I'd bet they're using a much newer version of Alchemy.  They're constantly bragging how the basically rebuilt the engine for this game.

Maybe for the current gen consoles, but they may be lazy with the past gen - focus all their time on the new and just use the old for the old. There is a significant difference in how powerful the PS2 is compared to, say, the 360.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Cross your fingers :P

If they do use an older version I might try porting it to the Xbox, but I doubt it'll port back that far.  They'll probably use the version they used on the PSP/Wii (3.5) which will work on the PC (a sort-of 4.0 version) but the Xbox is only v3.0, so I'll be stuck.

i hope so, because the only reason im not freaking out about it not comming out for pc is that we maybe able to use a lot of the stuff from those other versions.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

If it does come out for PC and it's customizable, scream at me so I can start skinning MUA2 skins XD