A cool thought (impossible, though)

Started by piutebob, April 27, 2009, 09:50AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Who here would think it would be cool if for a future Marvel game they asked BLaw, or someone, to make the skins for that game? That would probably nevah happen, but it would be cool.

April 27, 2009, 12:15PM #1 Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:26PM by BLaw
Shucks.. That's really nice of you to say. But I wouldn't have the time to do all that I think. Considering I'm a secretariat(studying) and danceteacher (and I'm getting more popular in that, at least at where I live).

But if the salary is more than a secretariat's salary, then I'll reconsider :P But I won't drop the danceteacher thing.

EDIT: Oyeah, and I'm not good and muscle defining. I usually copy, paste and edit other skins' legs and/or arms. (Tip for other or future skinners)

EDIT #2: If I were to make a Marvel game with some people, it would be the current list of MarvelModders (Active, Semi-Active or not Active):

- Dark_Mark (Meshing)
- Tommyboy (Meshing)
- Teancum (Coding/Sounds)
- Norrin (Level Editor/Coding)
- Dihan (Coding)
- Shafcrawler (Artwork, Skins)
- Nodoubtjr (Coding mainly, too cool mods. I haven't download all of them because I'm busy with MUA, but I DL them ALL (Read ALL), since XML2 rockers my boxers)

If someone was forgotten, please say so. I'm a bit bad at remembering stuff atm.

I bet we could make a MUA / XML game on our own. And yeah, Skinning would be my thing. Together with Iammingy. I love his skins!

EDIT #3: Yeah, Hip-Hop (Poppin', Lockin', Krumpin', Clownin', basicly everything except BBoyin') teacher

Ah, I personally think your skins are as good (or better) then the actual game. You're a danceteacher? That's cool!

@BLaw thanks for the nice comments.

and i think it would be cool if they ask people here to help, it wont happen, but i think we have proven that we can do some pretty good things here.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

April 27, 2009, 12:46PM #4 Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:49PM by piutebob
Hey, I know! Next time they're coming out with a game, someone could refer you guys to them... :)

EDIT:
Quote from: BLaw on April 27, 2009, 12:15PM
EDIT #3: Yeah, Hip-Hop (Poppin', Lockin', Krumpin', Clownin', basicly everything except BBoyin') teacher

Sorry, but I am rather un-familier with dancing. What's BBoyin'?

Breakdancing. Try youtube and search for extreme crew. For poppin, try Poppin Salah. Lockin: hilti and Bosch. Anyway, on topic:

Well I think all we would need is the ability to create a herostat + executable of our own, which doesn't have limits on memory, character slots or whatever. Then we could call it MarvelMods Ultimate Alliance: Civil Dreams or something :P

Or X-Mods Legends :P

Quote from: BLaw on April 27, 2009, 12:56PM

lol, love that name!
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

April 27, 2009, 01:01PM #7 Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:39AM by piutebob
Hey, my favorite with modding is making the Herostat. IMO, it is the most *in a mystical voice* mysterious. :)

EDIT: I also like powerstyles and talent files. I just don't skin. Yet.

Now, a really crazy thought!

Let's go into Marvel's "What if"!

What if modders like Dihan, Teancum, Blaw, nodoubt_jr and Norrin (can't remember all the modders, sorry guys) WORKED for a period, like, exclusively to make, for instance: MUA3!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

April 27, 2009, 08:09PM #9 Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 08:38PM by piutebob
Or XML3. So exclusive :) But, you need to consider the fact that many modders (even me, if you could call me a modder) have private lives. They would only have to work when they wanted to, if they even want to do this thing.

Answer to what if: then we would have a game that includes a frequent updated storyline with coop, downloadable content, free roam and skirmish aka battle mode.

piutebob: c'mon, man! It's a "What if"! Anything goes in this case, right? I mean, the guys would certainly get paid to be modders!

Blaw: And in this case, I'd only have one word for this "What If"! AWESOME! The game would never be boring. We'd have lots of new stuff every now and then that would make the game much much more interesting than it already is!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Quote from: BLaw on April 27, 2009, 12:56PM
Well I think all we would need is the ability to create a herostat + executable of our own, which doesn't have limits on memory, character slots or whatever. Then we could call it MarvelMods Ultimate Alliance: Civil Dreams or something :P

Indeed an awesome idea.
My mods:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3187.0
My mods in progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3773.0
No time for modding at the moment, sorry.

I'll make a charcter, and I'll call it "The Dachshound". It'll be a Dauchsie! :). No, just kidding. Imagine the animations! No one here knows who to make animations, right?

Who said that anyone doesn't know how to make anims.. For example.. Take a bow for the creator of the Modok mannequin :P

I bet Dark_Mark and Tommy know how to make animations like no other does.