BLaw's Meshes - DC MODELS, MUA2 Hulk x6 & Beast x16, Gambit x4 AND MORE!(144)

Started by BLaw, May 10, 2009, 01:10PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BLaw on September 09, 2009, 09:12AM
I'll release a Sentry mesh as soon as I have the time to test it.

Well, I find it good news that you even consider it!

Ah well it has been requested a lot of times if I count my inbox messages lol. "Can you repaint Joseph to Sentry and add a cape to it please?" that sort of thing. But I'm not satisfied with the his current face/head.

Quote from: BLaw on September 10, 2009, 04:06AM
Ah well it has been requested a lot of times if I count my inbox messages lol. "Can you repaint Joseph to Sentry and add a cape to it please?" that sort of thing. But I'm not satisfied with the his current face/head.

Really? I'm pretty sure I was the first! Lol

I don't remember who was first, just that people have been asking me more than 10 times or so. Ah well sounds fun^^

I still got your answer in my inbox, it dates from May 13. I know it doesn't matter: if you have a great idea, probably either someone has thought of it first, or will do it later anyway. lol

Hope you can pull it off!

BLaw, I just got word from whiteking that you made a new Polaris mannequin so that it wouldn't conflict with Scarlet Witch.  Thanks so much!  I didn't know anything about it because I wasn't following this thread.  Then, I saw even more good news as I started reading, like an update for Quicksilver, another favorite.

You sure are multi-talented when it comes to modding.  I'll have to read through this entire thread and see what all is here.  I do have a question:  what is the purpose for a mesh -- do you need one for a mannequin and/or a skin?  I'm guessing you had to do a new mesh for Polaris....

EDIT:  I just downloaded Polaris's new "mesh and mannequin."  I know how to put in a new mannequin, but how does the mesh work?  Do you copy the same file into a different folder?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on September 23, 2009, 08:14PM
EDIT:  I just downloaded Polaris's new "mesh and mannequin."  I know how to put in a new mannequin, but how does the mesh work?  Do you copy the same file into a different folder?

Haha, I've been following you lol. Mr. Blaw put this on the first post:

Quote from: BLaw on May 10, 2009, 01:10PM
How to use
Install it the same way as any other skin, but make backups!
So, it goes in the Actors folder, for example, backup 0301 and rename WeaponXWolverine.igb to 0301.igb and place it in the Actors folder. EASY!

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: BLaw on May 12, 2009, 12:45AM
Skins are just repainted textures. Meshes is the body, the model +the bones that are in the body. When you want to make a mesh, you need to edit or create a mesh and put (new) bones in it (Bipeds). When the mesh is done, you can skin it, or (when editting a mesh) you can use existing textures.

That's the difference. And I like to keep my meshes apart from my skins.

So the mesh and skin are two different items, but how do you keep them apart?  Am I correct that the download is actually a new mesh with a paint job (skin) that comes as one package?

it's basicly a skin, but the model isn't included in the original game files, just blaw seperated his skins from his meshes for orginizational purposes

So BLaw's Mesh & Skin files are really just a skin that works on the model/mesh already in the game?

Indeed. I am sometimes bad at explaining stuff :P

Meshes = models. Player models = player skins.

Hope this will clear the sky :P

Nightcrawler - Movie / Alan Cumming - UPDATED

First of all.. What a dirty man Alan is.

Second: there's a bug where the swords go through the jacket. Two options to fix the bug:
- Ignore it;
- Wait for me to finish the XML2 Nightcrawler meshes.
I say go for the first option.

Third: I used normal BMP's instead of DXT1's this time. Nothing important for common players:P

Last but not least: the tail MIGHT look a bit off, but the tail wasn't created by me anyway. I ripped a scene and applied his skeleton in the body, when the tail looks of it ain't my fault :P

Rename 470x_nightcrawlermovie to the number of the skin you would like to change. I used 470x only for testing purposes, as it's nightcrawler's number.

DOWNLOAD IT FROM MEDIAFIRE

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!Thank you,thank you,thank you,cant wait for wollvy and bobby!!!
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$