BaconWizard17's XML2 Misc Mods

Started by BaconWizard17, October 21, 2021, 06:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 21, 2021, 06:42PM Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 09:47AM by BaconWizard17
Welcome to BaconWizard17's XML2 Misc Mods!

Links to my other projects and releases

This is where I'll post any misc mods for XML2 that I release.

MENU MODS
XML1 PROTOTYPE UNUSED MENU
Release Post
XML2 TESTING AND QUICK START MAP
Release Post

October 21, 2021, 06:44PM #1 Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 04:45PM by BaconWizard17
XML1 Prototype Unused Main Menu Background
Version 1.0

This is the unused main menu background found in the XML1 prototype. I tweaked the files a bit and got it to work in XML2. The positioning doesn't work too well with XML2's menu layout, but it's still a nice menu. There is a link for XML2 PC and XML2 Xbox. The prototype is for the Xbox, so I'm not sure if it will work on GameCube or PS2. The Xbox file should work on XML1 Xbox as well.

Features:

• A new main menu background for the game.

Changelog:
Spoiler

• Version 1.0:

• Initial Release

Installation Instructions:
Spoiler

• MO2 Method:

• Install the mod through MO2 as an archive. Deselect any png and txt files included with the download.
    • The priority of this mod does not matter.
    • You don't need to change anything in your game files or the mod's files to get this mod to work.
  • Direct Method:

• Extract the mod's download.
    • Drag and drop the mod into your game files.
    • You don't need to change anything in your game files or the mod's files to get this mod to work.

Credits:

• Raven software: XML1 prototype maps and assets

November 12, 2021, 10:54PM #2 Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 04:46PM by BaconWizard17
XML2 Testing and Quick Start Map
Version 1.1

This is a testing map I've developed for XML2 where you can quickly access anything you need for the game. This mod bypasses the starting mission and sends you straight to this map. From here, you can go to any other map in the game, access cheats, see the game's various menus, and also teleport to an empty map where you can test your powers. Check the screenshots below for more details! This is only for PC right now.

Features:

• A brand new map for testing things in the game.
  • When you start a new game, you will be taken directly to the Quick Play and Testing Map.
  • There are two parts to the map: a non-combat area and a combat area.
  • The non-combat area includes the following features:

• A mission computer with the ability to start a new game normally and use a few cheat codes:

• Unlock all characters (only works on characters included in a custom script file that the mod uses).
      • Unlock all skins.
      • Level the current party up to level 99.
      • Unlock all Danger Room courses.
    • Teleporters to specific maps in the game.
    • A console to access the Danger Room menu.
    • A console to access the shop menu.
    • A console to access the review menu.
    • A tester for conversation portraits.
    • An Xtraction point.
    • A teleporter to the combat testing area.
  • The combat area includes the following features:

• Combat set to on.
    • An Xtraction point.
    • A teleporter back to the non-combat area.

Changelog:
Spoiler

• Version 1.0:

• Initial Release
  • Version 1.1:

• Added a conversation portrait testing console.
    • The script to unlock characters now includes a few additional characters (primarily those I have made skins for), and it also mentions which script can be edited to add more characters to unlock.

Installation Instructions:
Spoiler

• MO2 Method:

• Install the mod through MO2 as an archive. Deselect any png and txt files included with the download.
    • The priority of this mod should be fairly high, as it replaces new_game.py.
  • Direct Method:

• Extract the mod's download
    • Drag and drop the mod into your game files.

Previews:

• Teleporters to access any map:
    Spoiler

• Mission computer with cheat codes:
    Spoiler

• In-Game menus:
    Spoiler

• Convenient Xtraction Point and Teleporter to Combat Testing Zone
    Spoiler

• Combat Testing Zone
    Spoiler

Credits:

• Raven software: XML1 and XML2 maps and models

The XML2 Quick Start and Testing map has been updated! The changes:
- The script to unlock characters now includes a few additional characters (primarily those I have made skins for), and it also mentions which script can be edited to add more characters to unlock
- A new console has been added right next to the extraction point. This console is for quickly testing conversation portraits