XML2 DRVS v1.1

Started by Miraitto, August 16, 2022, 11:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 16, 2022, 11:22PM Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 11:31PM by Miraitto
I made this custom DRVS Missions for the purpose of making it feel like a fighting game when you are in the Danger Room. :cyclops:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qoyjk2llhqp5ovz/XML2+DRVS+by+Miraitto+v1.1.rar/file

You can play at level 1 and assign any power or skin to your hero opponent in the DRVS. I hope you like it.

August 17, 2022, 12:53PM #1 Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 12:55PM by Dream Weaver
Amazing! How did you do that and is it possible to edit how many "heroes" are allowed to be selected for both the challengers and champions? By that I mean how XML2 put a pointless limit of only four X-Men/Brotherhood overall, so you couldn't have four X-Men vs. four other X-Men, but 2v2 with some other random enemies included. This is one of the final areas that I personally wanted to be able to modify.

I even see that you have the number of enemies you must defeat set to just one.

Sadly XML2 has a hero stat limit. You can only add 20 heroes. Be it default or custom modded characters. The good news is, this is only available for XML2. Because MUA does not support danger room PvP. :wolverine:

Quote from: Miraitto on August 17, 2022, 11:51PM
Sadly XML2 has a hero stat limit. You can only add 20 heroes. Be it default or custom modded characters. The good news is, this is only available for XML2. Because MUA does not support danger room PvP. :wolverine:

That's not the limit I was talking about. I already know the game's overall hero limit is 20ish. I was talking about in the Danger Room where when you select characters to play as, for some bizarre reason they decided to make it so you can only select 4 "heroes" (of the main cast in the story mode) for either side in battle within the Danger Room.

Example: Let's say I want to have a 4 vs. 4 battle with Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey & Nightcrawler as my team, and Colossus, Gambit, Rogue and Storm as the other team. This was possible in XML1, but not in XML2. They prevent this with a little notice stating that only 4 heroes can be selected in the Danger Room absolutely. This means no full Brotherhood team fighting an X-Men team as another example. I feel it worth noting that I'm speaking about the sparring mode specifically and have never played the human vs. human mode before, so perhaps you and I are not even fully discussing the same thing if the game treats those two areas differently.

I don't understand why this decision was made. I wanted to have unique match-ups like Magneto and Scarlet Witch teamed up with Wolverine and Colossus vs. Jean, Cyke, Iceman & Juggernaut. Things like that. If there's a way to remove that limit, I'd be incredibly thrilled.

Additionally: How on earth did you accomplish this mod? When my schedule clears up, I'd definitely want to take a look into doing some more modding to XML2, and fixing the Danger Room would absolutely be on my to-do list.

Honestly I don't know about XML1 Danger Room as I haven't even finished it on emulator. But what you're describing sounds very similar to Freedom Force FFX3. You can achieve that kind of matches. 4 teams consisting of 4 heroes trying to tear each other apart until only one team remains. Those rumble room and watch mode stuff are really for comic fans alike.

I played XML2 on PC and finished it multiple times and played it on the PSP again for the exclusive characters. But after that. I got tired. I don't want to play the same story mode again. So I came up with DRVS.

Awesome thanks for doing this.