The "what's it like being you?" topic

Started by Nowhere Man, May 22, 2009, 03:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 22, 2009, 03:29PM Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:49AM by Nowhere Man
Dihan came up with the idea, so I thought I'd start the topic. Let's talk about ourselves.

So, here's a profile I came up with (feel free to add stuff to it):

Name: Guilherme (That's William in portuguese)
Birthday: june 12th
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Nationality: Brazil
Marital Status: Single
Profession (if you're too young, what do you want to do?): Tourismologist (yes, that's a word)
Languages you speak: Portuguese, English and Spanish
Religion: Buddhist
Pets: 4 german shepherds I named Thor, Sif, Odin and Gaia =)
Main Interests: Literature, comic books, ancient history, cartoons, mythology, video-games, movies, music, traveling, astrology, paleontology and TV.
Favourite Movies: Pleasantville, Edward Scissorhands, Star Wars, Juno, Back to The Future, The Clockwork Orange, RAN, Kill Bill, The Lord of the Rings, most Disney/Pixar animations...and that's just to name a few
Favourite Books: NeverEnding Story, V for Vendetta(duh), Promethea, The Little Prince, any Hans Christian Andersen short story, among others.
Favourite Bands: The Smiths, No Doubt, Madonna, Pearl Jam, The White Stripes, The Mamas & The Papas, Beach Boys, The Verve and The Beatles (my nickname is one of their songs).
Favourite TV Shows: Gilmore Girls, Scrubs, Twilight Zone, I Love Lucy, Bewitched, Animal Planet, Charmed, Brothers & Sisters, The Big Bang Theory and almost every cartoon.
Goals in life: Become a writer of fantasy books, learn how to play the acoustic guitar, travel everywhere and learn kung-fu.
Whatever: I'm a great swimmer and have an outstanding memory =P

anyone else want to share?
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

May 22, 2009, 03:42PM #1 Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 02:35AM by BLaw
Name: Marvin-Jean (That's Marvin-Jean in Dutch :P ) (Note: Marvin from Marvin Gaye and Jean from Michael Jackson's Billie Jean song)
Birthday: May 7
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Nationality: Dutch
Marital Status: Relationship
Pets: 1 dog named Cody, 6 cats (Dragon aka Klein (dutch for little, male), Ninja (female), Mormy, Wookie, Evil (aka Evi ((Ee-vy))) Moortje (but I rather call him MoMo) (latter 4 all male cats).
Profession (if you're too young, what do you want to do?): Student, Choreographer, Secretary
Languages you speak: English, Dutch, a bit German
Religion: Christian (originally, but I don't care about it. I live my life the way it supposed to be: free like a bird)
Main Interests: Music, few Games, movies, modding (no, really? :P )
Favourite Movies: All Marvel movies, Scary Movie series, Jim Carey movies.
Favourite Books: None.
Favourite Artist(s): Usher, Michael Jackson (the legend), Lionel Richie and Marvin Gaye (I wonder where my name came from... :P )
Favourite TV Shows: Heroes, Miami Ink, Ultimate Survival, Supernaturals
Goals in life: Becoming a great dancer (some call me that already but I tend to become great) / artist, getting a great job so I can live the good life.

May 22, 2009, 03:44PM #2 Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:31AM by Dihan
I added a photo option to my list. Not everyone likes showing themselves off to the interwebs, but I don't mind.

Name: Bryn
Birthday: 20th July
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Nationality: Welsh/British
Sexuality: Bisexual (leaning more towards gay than straight)
Profession: I'm not sure, but possibly teaching.
Languages you speak: English and Welsh
Religion: I follow my own personal philosophy.
Main Interests: Literature, comic books, video-games, music, modding, philosophy.
Favourite Movies: I really can't remember. I don't really watch many movies.
Favourite Books: Everything and anything by Terry Pratchett. I'm also a fan of Chaucer, Shakespeare, and other oldies.
Favourite Bands: Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, LostProphets, Muse, Rise Against and loads more. I also like a lot of classical music.
Favourite TV Shows: Heroes, Doctor Who, I can't really remember anything else. If I'm watching TV I'm usually playing on my DS at the same time.
Goals in life: To have a happy, fulfilling life.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Within Temptation? Yes. My most favouritest band in the history of forever! :D
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

May 22, 2009, 05:05PM #5 Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:39PM by marvel watcher
Name: Rodrigo
Photo: http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo51/eumarvel/eui.jpg
Birthday: 13th September
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Profession: Student- I wanna be an industrial drawer
Languages you speak: Portuguese and English
Religion: I follow Allan Kaderc doctrine.
Pets: I have a dog ,BJ.
Main Interests: Music( almost everything), comic books, games, modding, drawing.
Favourite Movies: Patch Adams,Butterfly Effect,Lord of the Rings,Star Wars...
Favourite Books: I can't remember now :O haha
Favourite Bands: I like a lot of musics , don't have a favorite one.
Favourite TV Shows: Friends,Fringe,Lost,Two and a Half men, and I can't remember now..
Goals in life: To have a great job(and enjoy what I'll be doing), and be happy :).

Name: Marcelo
Birthday: March 22th
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Profession: Veterinarian ( Last semester student)
Languages you speak: Portuguese, English
Religion: None
Pets: It's strange but nowadays I'm a vet without a pet.
Main Interests:comic books, ancient history, cartoons, mythology, video-games, movies, music, traveling, computer games, translation and TV.
Favourite Movies: Lord of the Rings, Star Wars,Black Hawk Down and some Marvel based movies
Favourite Books: Lord of the Rings and Angus
Favourite Bands: Linkin Park, Creed, Audioslave, Foo Fighters, Reel Big Fish, Smash Mouth and some others
Favourite TV Shows: Animal Planet, Mythbusters
Goals in life: Hava my own clinic and pet shop.

Name: Kalina
Birthday: June 26th
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Nationality: USA
Marital Status: Single and luvin it
Profession (if you're too young, what do you want to do?):Criminlology, CSI, etc idk yet
Languages you speak: Englis, some Dutch (i understand almost anything you say in it) and gonna learn French next year
Religion: Christian
Pets: An Arabian horse called Eddie, another Arab called Precious, & a dachshound called Roxy
Main Interests: Dressage riding, Eventing (another horse sport-check it out on youtube), reading, writing, goofing off with my bff
Favourite Movies: Pirates of The Caribbean, She's The Man, Lord Of the Rings, Twilight, Seabiscuit, and more of course! lol
Favourite Books: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Seabiscuit, and who knows whut else
Favourite Bands: Hawk Nelson, FM Static, Disciple, Good Charlotte, almost anything lol oh and Flo Rida is good 2
Favourite TV Shows: Bones, CSI, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, American Idol, etc
Goals in life: Ride Grand Prix Dressage, jump 4 foot (on horseback-my limit so far is 3), publish a book or two (or three)
Whatever: I ride Training to First Level Dressage, I write stories (have several going at this moment- I must be ADD or something), I love my friends, and I love life

Here's a pic of me and my old horse.

May 22, 2009, 06:23PM #8 Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 06:27PM by Mjolnir
Name: I used to go by ThatGuy on here.
Birthday: July 25th
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Nationality: Canadian, but I live in the USA.
Marital Status: Single.
Profession: Doctor (just graduated). This is why I'm busy and never around.
Languages you speak: English, French, understand some Dutch, Spanish, Italian, and various African dialects (spent some time there).
Religion: Grew up Catholic but I don't agree with all the points of it.
Pets: Currently, none. My parrot died two years ago. :(
Main Interests: Mixing music, listening to music, digital artwork in general, sports in general, reading, messing around with MUA powerstyles, lamenting my graphic novel which will never be finished lol.
Favourite Movies: Fight Club (my absolute favorite), Boondock Saints, The Dark Knight, The Matrix (the trilogy was good but I liked the first one more), Glory, Forrest Gump, Lord Of the Rings trilogy, Spider-man 2, Iron Man.
Favourite Books: Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, The Scarlet Letter, White Fang, Diable: A Dog, The Minister's Black Veil, Interstellar Pig, The Green Futures of Tycho, Treasure Island, Heart of Darkness, and The Eyes of Midas.
Favourite Bands: Slipknot, Caustic Resin, Federation X, REM, Muse, Radiohead, The Kills, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Mindless Self Indulgence, Coldplay, Madonna, Cat Power, The Strokes, The Distillers, DMX, NIN, Saul Williams, Heatmiser, Fugazi, Ice Cube, Feist, Beastie Boys, Audioslave and many more.
Favourite TV Shows: I rarely watch TV and watch shows on my computer so--Bleach, Ergo Proxy (just finished this), Black Lagoon (finished that), Evangilion (finished watching that), Ghost in the Shell (finished watching that but may rewatch it) and many other anime shows, The Venture Bros., The Rachel Maddow Show, Human Wrecking Balls: Man vs. Man-made, Heroes, and any show that comes on the History channel (I love that channel).
Goals in life: Publish my graphic novel ideas (almost done with one but it's taking so long getting it set up), many other things.
Whatever: I've recently learned I can sleep standing up (granted I'm leaning on something). Go figure.

May 23, 2009, 02:11AM #9 Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 01:59AM by shafcrawler
Name: Shaarif
Birthday: 15th March
Nationality: Bangladeshi
Zodiac: Pisces
Marital Status: single
Profession: studying to be an architect but want to be a graphic designer.
Languages you speak: Bangla, English, Hindi, Urdu, some Arabic and German.
Religion: Muslim
Pets: 6 cats, moggy-croise.
Interests: art, music, comic books, movies, cooking and staging plays.
Favorite artists: Evanescence, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Muse, Staind, Disturbed, The Fray, The Rasmus, Nu Virgos, A.R. Rahman, Chitra, Shilpa Rao.
Favorite movies: too many to count, though particularly the X-Men trilogy, most marvel movies, Some Harry Potter films, most Disney Cartoons, Ju-On: the Grudge 1&2 (Japanese), An American Crime and Doubt stand out.
Favorite Books: The Kite Runner, Pride & Prejudice, The Lord of the Flies, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Kindargarten, Jarhead and Man & Superman to name a few. I like reading a lot.
Favorite TV shows: House, X-Men TAS, Smallville, Supernatural, Dexter, Dexter's Laboratory, X-Men: Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, etc.
Whatever: I love cooking and am really good at Pakistani, Indian, Portugese and Italian dishes! I directed and played the lead in our school's production of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street!

Name: Haydn
Birthday: 13th March
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Nationality: England
Profession: Become a Character Creator for video games characters
Languages you speak:English and alittle French
Religion: None
Pets: None, but i really want a cat
Main Interests: Music-Pixie Lott, TV, Drawing, Friends, Video Games, Swimming, French Lessons
Favourite Movies: UltraViolet, X-Men Origins, X-Men 1,2,3 , Coraline, Nightmare Before Chirstmas, Corpse Bride, well, anything with Tim Burton
Favourite Books: Twilight, Skulduggery Pleasant
Favourite Bands: Paramore, The Saturdays,
Favourite TV Shows: Wolverine and The X-Men, EastEnders, Britains Got Talent, All cartoons!
Goals in life: Anything to do with art, but i really want to work in the video game indutry to design the characters! learn to fight and sing, explore the world, make new friends
Whatever: Im known as the best artist in the year group! getting more level 8's in the year then annyone else :)

hope this helps :)

Name: Alex
Birthday: 25th April
Nationality: Hungarian
Zodiac: Taurus
Marital Status: single
Profession: My dream is to become a journalist in a video game magazine.
Languages you speak: English, Hungarian.
Religion: Christian, I think
Pets: I don't have any pet.
Interests: computer, music, art, video games, a little football, animes, mythologies, japanese things.
Favorite TV Shows: Wolverine and the X-Men and everything on the hungarian Comedy Central
Favorite Animes: Blood+, Persona trinity soul, Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic and Fumoffu, Naruto and Shippuuden, Bleach, Death Note and many more
Favorite artists: Papa Roach, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Sum 41 and many more
Favorite movies: I can't count all of it
Favorite video games: Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4, Sacred, Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2-3, Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3, Ultimate Ninja 4 Naruto Shippuuden and some more

Name: Danny
Birthday: March 31st
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Nationality: USA
Profession: Workin in fast food and as a bartender
Languages you speak: English
Religion: Don't have one
Pets: 1 cat, his name is Toes cause he has 6 toes on each paw, it's wierd but so cool.
Main Interests: X-Men, Wolves, Art, Skulls, Music, Movies, Videogames
Favourite Movies: All the X-Men movies, including Wolverine. The Notebook, Resident Evil series, including the CG animation film, Degeneration, Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children,
Favourite Books: X-Men comics count?
Favourite Bands: Lacuna Coil, Linkin Park, Shinedown, Evanescense, Three Days Grace, Korn, Seether
Favourite TV Shows: X-Men TAS, X-Men Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, Charmed, Heroes, American Idol
Goals in life: Right now, just to be happy...I love both my jobs and right now I'm just workin on finding my own place.
Whatever: Um...I would say but sure noone cares, so whatever lol

Name: Peter
Birthday: May 2
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Nationality: American
Profession: Student
Languages you speak: English, Latin
Religion: Catholic
Pets: Dog, named Abby
Main Interests: Books, comic books, sci-fi, Celtic and Irish history, mythology
Favorite Movies: Hellboy, Star Trek films, X-Men trilogy
Favorite Books: 19 Minutes, The Three Musketeers, anything by Clive Cussler
Favorite Bands: Little Big Town, The Cranberries, The Ting Tings, The Wombats, Gloriana, Lady Antebellum, Housse de Racket, Capercaille, Clannad
Favorite TV Shows: Star Trek, Fringe, Primeval, Angel, Firefly, X-Men the Animated Series, Bones, Castle
Goals in life: become an archeologist, learn how to be a better modder
Whatever:I fence (you know, with swords...)

Name: Tristan
Birthday: December 25th
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Nationality: Australian
Profession: Would like to be a Games Developer or Something in Computers/I.t or own a Comic book store/Arcade.
Languages you speak: English , Learnt some french a few years ago
Religion: Nothing really but belief there is something after death
Pets: 2 Labradors and a cat
Main Interests: Comic books, Arcade games/Machines, WWE, Cartoons, Video-games, Movies, Music, TV.
Favourite Movies: SpongeBob Squarepants , Benchwarmers , Transformers , Star Wars , Movies based on Comics/Cartoons
Favourite Bands: In Flames , Rise Against , Killswitch Engage , Crush 40 , Trivium , Bullet For My Valentine.
Favourite TV Shows: Spongebob Squarepants, Scrubs, How I met Your Mother, That 70's show, Malcolm in the middle, Invader Zim.
Goals in life: Do something fun and exciting