Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
To get Heroselect work properly , you have to move all the files inside the Heroselect folder, to the next direction : C:( or the location of MUA )\\ Marvel Ultimate Alliance \\ Ui \\ Menus
Another thing, you have to add two separate mod to Heroselect ( which isn't in the OCP ) before you can use the select option on it.
" The day you stop racing,
is the day you win the race "

I've done all this, and now things have only kinda changed. Installed a Goku mod alongside Falcon, put both into the herostat and heroselect properly and it gave me the input error message. So I changed the shortcut to this:
http://imgur.com/MmfsEsG

Which leads directly to MUA. Neither Goku nor Falcon showed up, their spots are vacant and unselectable.

June 24, 2016, 02:31AM #737 Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 03:21AM by Dr. Bruce Banner
At the very first time I installed the OCP , I can't induced hereselect to work in no way.
The problem was that my main folder of MUA was here : C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Activision\\Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
But the direction which is in the herostat.cfg file, refered to another way , namely : C:\\Program Files\\ Activison\\Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
The only little deflection was the : (x86)
It was because the game is a 32 bit application and my operation system is 64 bit.
I tried to rewrite the C:\\Program Files\\ to C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ in the herostat.cfg, but it not helped.
So after all, the last thing I tried was, to remove the full Activision folder to here : C:\\Program Files\\ .
Since I did this change Heroselect works perfectly.

I think I just screwed up my herostat too much to fix it somehow. Has anyone posted just the standard herostat anywhere so I could refresh everything and just re-add all the mods I have and start anew?

June 30, 2016, 02:35PM #739 Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:39PM by BaconWizard17
When I get to step 3B, it tells me "Can Not Open Output File : Access is denied. : C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\ Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\OfficialChars_1_3-135486371.exe"

I tried to move the entire activision folder to regular program files, but it said the same thing, minus the x86.

One thing I noticed is that I need administrator approval every time I move anything into or out of the folder, even though I'm already an administrator. Could this be the problem?

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on June 30, 2016, 02:35PM
When I get to step 3B, it tells me "Can Not Open Output File : Access is denied. : C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\ Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\OfficialChars_1_3-135486371.exe"

I tried to move the entire activision folder to regular program files, but it said the same thing, minus the x86.

One thing I noticed is that I need administrator approval every time I move anything into or out of the folder, even though I'm already an administrator. Could this be the problem?

I think it's at least a symptom of the problem.  I don't believe Program Files/(x86) is a folder that usually requires administrator privileges.  Sounds like something is a little weird with the permissions.  That would also explain the "Can Not Open Output File" error.  Try running both heroselect and MUA as administrator and see if that helps.

July 04, 2016, 02:32PM #741 Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:46PM by andersonbrazil
Quote from: BaconWizard17 on June 30, 2016, 02:35PM

The biggest fact this is, the problem of the heroselect is the directory address. When you change it to your C: / Program Files, 80% of your problems are solved. This problem with permissions can be a problem of other 20%. I made a video that teach to use the heroselect, but is in Brazilian Portuguese, but the procedure is clear. Surely you will need to change the Windows pemissões to access the herostat and herolist. Watch the video, I think he will be able to help you.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9787.msg182415.html#msg182415

July 05, 2016, 03:00PM #742 Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:11PM by BaconWizard17
I used the clean download on Page 48. However, it appears that Colossus and Nightcrawler are the only characters whose actors files are present. Everyone else (at least the characters that I want) have heads, but they don't have anything in the actors file. In addition, it didn't come with any of the information for me to add the characters to the herostat. Colossus is already on it, Nightcrawler isn't.

And I thought this would be so easy to download.

Update: I read through about the first 8 pages, and completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the mod seems to have helped everyone. Should I attempt that as well?

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on July 05, 2016, 03:00PM
I used the clean download on Page 48. However, it appears that Colossus and Nightcrawler are the only characters whose actors files are present. Everyone else (at least the characters that I want) have heads, but they don't have anything in the actors file. In addition, it didn't come with any of the information for me to add the characters to the herostat. Colossus is already on it, Nightcrawler isn't.

And I thought this would be so easy to download.

Update: I read through about the first 8 pages, and completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the mod seems to have helped everyone. Should I attempt that as well?

Man this exe. of the page 48, I do not know. But why you do not use the conventional OC from page 1? I use and it serves me well. I can easily access my mods, and that distracted me a lot when I'm operating the heroselect. I recommend you insist on it. Worth it!

July 06, 2016, 10:08AM #744 Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:14AM by AznSenseition
Im pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's wrong when trying to use Heroselect and hero stat.

- I did a fresh install (several times) , at the moment my game is in D:\Programfiles\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance

- Then I installed the complete character roster mod from a download on page 49, since the opening post download does not work at all, it's an Executable file and even downloading it from the filehost is sketchy and convoluted at times.

- Installed the hero mod, ran the game, I see Hawkeye (the menu even pops up stating i have hawkeye), Moonknight, Captain Marvel, Don't see hulk though at this time. maybe need to get farther then the first mission? not sure

- Next, I open the herostat, edit the first line to match my Data folder directory. D:\\Programfiles\\Activision\\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\\data , I copied and paste, so it looks exactly how my file directory looks.

- THEN, I open heroselect, fill up my roster of 20 something heroes, Hit accept team, then Launch MAU, after changing the file path at the bottom to match my D directory. The game starts up, I start a brand new game, rush to the first shield point to change roster, and Nothing, I see Moon knight, Hawkeye, etc, but I dont see any of the heroes I put in my roster. The main hero I just want to select is Sabretooth, everything about him is already included in the herostat no? So Why is this not working? Am I doing something wrong? is something in the wrong spot? Is the Heroselect folder supposed to not be in it's own folder or in a data folder or something? Im at a loss here and hopefully someone can help me.

EDIT: By the way, I'm using Windows 10

July 06, 2016, 10:56AM #745 Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:00AM by edward
So the heroselect folder is in the root of the game dictionary right? D:\ProgramFiles\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\heroselect

This looks wrong to me. Are you sure the folder is called "Programfiles" not "Program Files"?
D:\\Programfiles\\Activision\\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\\data

If it is Programfiles it should be like this
D:\\Programfiles\\Activision\\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\\data\\
not
D:\\Programfiles\\Activision\\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\\data

Also are you sure the hard drive is D:?

So on the game path you have
D:\Programfiles\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\MUA.exe
Right?

July 06, 2016, 11:27AM #746 Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:58AM by AznSenseition
Yeah, sorry it is just ProgramFiles, how it's supposed to be. It's also in harddrive D: yes.

Everything is where it should be labeled exactly how it should be. Still not getting it to work. My heroselect folder is in D:\ProgramFiles\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\HeroSelect

Should I have those files in Heroselect, not in it's own folder or is it fine there? Because everything is labeled how it supposed to in the hero stat as well. double slashes and all.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on July 05, 2016, 06:20PM
Man this exe. of the page 48, I do not know. But why you do not use the conventional OC from page 1? I use and it serves me well. I can easily access my mods, and that distracted me a lot when I'm operating the heroselect. I recommend you insist on it. Worth it!

I'll give it a shot.

Quote from: AznSenseition on July 06, 2016, 11:27AM
Yeah, sorry it is just ProgramFiles, how it's supposed to be. It's also in harddrive D: yes.

Everything is where it should be labeled exactly how it should be. Still not getting it to work. My heroselect folder is in D:\ProgramFiles\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\HeroSelect

Should I have those files in Heroselect, not in it's own folder or is it fine there? Because everything is labeled how it supposed to in the hero stat as well. double slashes and all.

In this case Your heroselect folder must be in : D:\ProgramFiles\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\Ui\Menus .
And You have to add two separate mod to Heroselect ( which isn't in the OCP ) before you can use the select option.

Quote from: Dr. Bruce Banner on July 07, 2016, 02:04AM
In this case Your heroselect folder must be in : D:\ProgramFiles\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\Ui\Menus .
And You have to add two separate mod to Heroselect ( which isn't in the OCP ) before you can use the select option.

What are the 2 separate mods exactly? I'm not quite understanding what I'm missing.