Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
possible to play with that skins on the steam version of the game?

Quote from: laurakinney on May 15, 2018, 07:51AM
possible to play with that skins on the steam version of the game?

Must be from installed PC-related games, except Custom Mesh Mods & from non-PC consoles
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

May 15, 2018, 08:52AM #797 Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 08:55AM by laurakinney
Quote from: LarsAlexandersson on May 15, 2018, 08:32AM
Must be from installed PC-related games, except Custom Mesh Mods & from non-PC consoles

so i need only a x-23 skin the rest is ok for the moment.
Burt not one of the skin works.
But when i understand u right, i copy the skin from the Normal CD Version to the Steam Version folder?

Quote from: laurakinney on May 15, 2018, 08:52AM
so i need only a x-23 skin the rest is ok for the moment.
Burt not one of the skin works.
But when i understand u right, i copy the skin from the Normal CD Version to the Steam Version folder?

Yes. If the reskinned from Normal CD PC version, it still works on Steam PC, albeit seemingly has likely texture shine issues according to some hacker discussed in “How to Increase Hero Limits” Topic.

If you want the Normal CD PC reskinned MUA1 models shined, I suggest you transfer the textures (sorry bump) to the corresponding models from Steam PC MUA1 via skinnerui & Texture Finders (Steam ver.’s Bump still cannot be found). Check in hex editor first before transfer process.

My Progress:

Hi. Can anyone help me? My game is crashing when I'm in Atlantis, I've already tried adjusting the graphics to their lowest setting. I didn't have this problem before I installed this mod.

August 24, 2018, 09:25PM #800 Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:52PM by Just HAZ
Hi, is there anyone can help me?

I install MUA on my new PC that used Windows X 64-bit, when i'm install the game, the data will be in C://program Files (x86).
So, i replace the data to C://program Files, because if it's still in C://program Files (x86), the Heroselect won't work to change the characters.When i'm replace to C://program Files, heroselect work perfectly.

But here's the PROBLEM, when i try add some characters, Quicksilver for example, the characters mod won't appear.
It feels like there's something wrong with the herostat.CFG on heroselect file.

Please help me, if there's anyone who know the solution, i have no idea why this is happen

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you have Windows 10, and not Windows XP, due to the x86 issue you mentioned and almost no one had XP 64 bit.
You need to let MUA install in the program files x86 folder, where it would go by default.  Heroselect will work just fine, you simply need to change the folder path before you apply the team.  By moving it to the 64 bit folder, you may get unforeseen issues, as the operating system may treat the app differently if it "thinks" it's a 64-bit program.

Regarding a character not appearing, we need to know what that means.  Won't appear in the heroselect file?  in the game?

August 25, 2018, 03:14PM #802 Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 03:17PM by andersonbrazil
Quote from: Just HAZ on August 24, 2018, 09:25PM
Hi, is there anyone can help me?

I install MUA on my new PC that used Windows X 64-bit, when i'm install the game, the data will be in C://program Files (x86).
So, i replace the data to C://program Files, because if it's still in C://program Files (x86), the Heroselect won't work to change the characters.When i'm replace to C://program Files, heroselect work perfectly.

But here's the PROBLEM, when i try add some characters, Quicksilver for example, the characters mod won't appear.
It feels like there's something wrong with the herostat.CFG on heroselect file.

Please help me, if there's anyone who know the solution, i have no idea why this is happen

The main problems that the heroselect faces to work well, is the destination of the installation of its directory, the name assigned to the directory or the main subfolder of the game or the permissions of Windows.

Solutions:
1 - You already did. Transported directory to Disk C: / Files and Programs. Fifty percent of the problems have already been resolved.
2 - Check the name of the main subfolder. The first folder should be named Activision. The second main folder should be named Marvel - Ultimate Alliance.
3 - Before starting any changes, go to the Marvel - Ultimate Alliance folder, go to the heroselect folder. Inside it has the files herostat, herolist and passvaleus. Do this, one by one of the files:
3.1 - Right-click;
3.2 - Click Properties;
3.3 - Click security;
3.4 - Click edit;
3.5 - Click Full Control, Apply, Ok.

Once you have done all this try editing the herostat by adding a new mod. Then add this mod through heroselect itself or through manual editing in herolist.

If you do all this right the heroselect will work, however you should also be cautious the edition you az made in the heroselect. If this edition is in disagreement with the standard of all commands, heroselect will not work. Your edit should be flawless.

I hope this information helps you.

I did a video teaching how to use heroselect. It's in Portuguese, but if you just follow my steps, maybe something can help.

https://www.youtube.com/v/D8pkpYrCaNQ&t=971s

Quote from: scottsum on August 25, 2018, 08:05AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you have Windows 10, and not Windows XP, due to the x86 issue you mentioned and almost no one had XP 64 bit.
You need to let MUA install in the program files x86 folder, where it would go by default.  Heroselect will work just fine, you simply need to change the folder path before you apply the team.  By moving it to the 64 bit folder, you may get unforeseen issues, as the operating system may treat the app differently if it "thinks" it's a 64-bit program.

Regarding a character not appearing, we need to know what that means.  Won't appear in the heroselect file?  in the game?

Hi scottsum, i already did install in (x86) program files, and i change the folder path, but still have same problem, can't change the default team, for example when i change moon knight :moonk: with venom :venom: , the game will be back with default team.
And about the character won't appear, it's in the game

Quote from: andersonbrazil on August 25, 2018, 03:14PM
The main problems that the heroselect faces to work well, is the destination of the installation of its directory, the name assigned to the directory or the main subfolder of the game or the permissions of Windows.

Solutions:
1 - You already did. Transported directory to Disk C: / Files and Programs. Fifty percent of the problems have already been resolved.
2 - Check the name of the main subfolder. The first folder should be named Activision. The second main folder should be named Marvel - Ultimate Alliance.
3 - Before starting any changes, go to the Marvel - Ultimate Alliance folder, go to the heroselect folder. Inside it has the files herostat, herolist and passvaleus. Do this, one by one of the files:
3.1 - Right-click;
3.2 - Click Properties;
3.3 - Click security;
3.4 - Click edit;
3.5 - Click Full Control, Apply, Ok.

Once you have done all this try editing the herostat by adding a new mod. Then add this mod through heroselect itself or through manual editing in herolist.

If you do all this right the heroselect will work, however you should also be cautious the edition you az made in the heroselect. If this edition is in disagreement with the standard of all commands, heroselect will not work. Your edit should be flawless.

I hope this information helps you.

I did a video teaching how to use heroselect. It's in Portuguese, but if you just follow my steps, maybe something can help.

https://www.youtube.com/v/D8pkpYrCaNQ&t=971s

Thanks, Andersonbrazil.
I will try it. I hope this can solve the problem

is there any way to get individual characters from the official pack? black widow never shows up fpr me and i need to fix captian america when i throw his shield you can see it

Sound Loop Instruction? Which one on? ZSM or ps file?

The last time I tried to make sound loop until stop, some of them didn't work well (like Doom & Storm's Lightning Chains & Cyclops' Optic Stream).

My Progress: