Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Lord Magneto on June 10, 2009, 02:38PM
my game is in italian and reads .itab files instead of .engb.
You could try the following:
1. Extract the conversations folder from the OC pack
2. Now browse through all the subfolders and rename .engb files to .itab (e.g. 2_murder2_070m.engb becomes 2_murder2_070m.itab)
3. Now copy the whole folder to your MUA directory
4. Start up MUA and see if the conversations work (if so, they will have English subtitles)
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I use Dr.Doom's grabsmash, there's  an extremely annoying sound that just wont stop until I reach another level. Anything wrong I did, or is it really a bug in the pack?

Thanks.

Quote from: Dark_Mark on June 13, 2009, 03:16PM
You could try the following:
1. Extract the conversations folder from the OC pack
2. Now browse through all the subfolders and rename .engb files to .itab (e.g. 2_murder2_070m.engb becomes 2_murder2_070m.itab)
3. Now copy the whole folder to your MUA directory
4. Start up MUA and see if the conversations work (if so, they will have English subtitles)

already done it. nothin'

the other special conversations work tough.

I have just checked, and as I said earlier, the .itab files for Murderworld are almost a kilobyte larger than their corresponding .engb's.
This means no special Murderworld conversations for Italian MUA users.

Now, to get the game fully functional again, you need to restore the following files/directories from your original installation:

\scripts\act2\murder\murder2\
\packages\generated\maps\act2\murder\murder2.pkgb

Or, alternatively, reinstall your game and OMIT the above when installing the OC pack.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

ok then, i'll just skip the murderworld special convos, who cares. ^^

Quote from: Lord Magneto on June 14, 2009, 06:55AM
ok then, i'll just skip the murderworld special convos, who cares. ^^

Or you could use the original convo files, without anything installed in it!

Link for Murderworld unaltered files:
http://www.box.net/shared/5nmt6jn3e9
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

yes that was what i meant, skipping the special murderworld convos. i do have the originals, since i reinstalled the game. :)

changing subject, what about the sounds? sabretooth's and magneto's announcers aren't working for me. is there some kind of virtual jinx on me? :P

p.s. doom's fx sounds are kinda weird. but maybe that's just how they are.

June 14, 2009, 11:14AM #67 Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 11:17AM by ZOS
So, LM, you've encountered the problem I mentioned...?

EDIT: Magneto's announcer works fine for me, but not Sabertooth's. Go figure.

yes sometimes that thing with doom's grabsmash sound happens to me, but not always. also it's not really a nice sound. if i'm not mistaken, it's the same sound used for the first power's charge, and it sounds a bit weird. like krzawa-krzawa-krzawa-krzawa-krzawa-krzawa-krzawa you know what i mean, it should be smoother.

I've finnished the game 4 or 5 times since I've installed the updated pack and no bugs or anything. The only thing I can say is the already reported black dots on Cyclops's skins.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

I actually don't mind the sound -- i just wish it didn't last forever! lol

I hope there's an easy fix for this. Dr. Doom has been too much fun to play with, now that he has sounds.

Both the black dots and Doom's grab_smash have already been fixed. I've made "new" models with HD textures for Cyclops, and two new sounds for Doom.
Please report any other bugs you encounter.

As for the announcer problems, check your herostat. Both Magneto and Sabretooth should NOT have a "_hero" suffix to their names.

so, to fix the problems I should download it and install it again?
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

hey guys i noticed that doom's powerstyle contained some stuff that would make him teleport when he uses Doom Detonation (like the NPC). i don't know if this was disabled on purpose or not.
either way, i fixed it. here it is if anyone's interested.
http://rapidshare.com/files/244931461/ps_doomdlc.engb.html

QuoteAs for the announcer problems, check your herostat. Both Magneto and Sabretooth should NOT have a "_hero" suffix to their names.
done. i have done anything i can think of but nothing works. gnmrffffnhgjfnghdghzzzdss!. >:(

MAny thanks for the fix (and the tip about the herostat), Dark_Mark!

You too, LM! I'll try the 'teleport thing'!