The Jean Grey Thread

Started by marvelfan12345, July 19, 2009, 08:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I thought the move at 0:40 was one of Ms.Marvels moves form the pervious game? the one where she builds up energy the releses it on the ground. it looks the same to me!

Quote from: haydnc95 on July 24, 2009, 07:07AM
I thought the move at 0:40 was one of Ms.Marvels moves form the pervious game? the one where she builds up energy the releses it on the ground. it looks the same to me!

I thought the same when I saw the move for the first time, but if you see carefully she lifts an oponent and then slams into the ground, maybe it's just a grab (like the grab smash in MUA1).

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Guys take a look at what Storm does at 0:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJdqCSR5RKQ

it looks a lot like what Jean does in the trailer...

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Yeah Storm's power involves her pushing enemies back using wind. Also in the Dev's Blog about Jean on the main site they said she would have a power where she lifts enemies up and slams them on the ground so Whiteking is right.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on July 24, 2009, 08:56AM
Yeah Storm's power involves her pushing enemies back using wind. Also in the Dev's Blog about Jean on the main site they said she would have a power where she lifts enemies up and slams them on the ground so Whiteking is right.

Haha, it seems that my vision is not so bad after all, lol, :D

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

I devs have said that that power is very destructive. Others have seen that in the video it atually causes things to explode. Also her four powers I think are the Telekinetic Lift and Slam (maybe exploding is part of it), Mental Blast (the projectile we saw), Telekinetic Knockback (like Storm's but I think more powerful or more destructive), and a Force Blast that burns enemies with fire. The devs have said that Jean's melee attacks will involve telekinesis and her grab will make her lift an enemy telekinetically. I think the tk we saw in a pic is part of a grab and I think that is a good idea cuz no EP loss, the power does as much damage as a grab would do, and we get four other powers too.

but if TK now is grab. then it's damage utput now is low... meaning we cant use it offensively

that's quite true.... but on the up side, it doesn't drain EP, as her TK in XML2 was really draining your EP fast.
But yeah, I can't imagine it being a grab, which means we can only use it from close and maybe won't be able to hold the enemy  more than 1 second.

exactly. but devs said that jean's melee attacks are somehow not close range. here...

"We made sure to factor in her telekinesis when designing her melee attacks, as well. For instance, instead of punching and grabbing with her fists, Jean doesn't actually make physical contact with enemies. Instead, when picking up an enemy for a throw, she'll telekinetically hoist them above her head."

or
Quote from: Nahymt on July 24, 2009, 06:13PM
that's quite true.... but on the up side, it doesn't drain EP, as her TK in XML2 was really draining your EP fast.
But yeah, I can't imagine it being a grab, which means we can only use it from close and maybe won't be able to hold the enemy  more than 1 second.

sigh why in the world are they taking that power off (just in case)

Somebody who has played her mentioned her basic regular to so there is still hope.

Guys does this look like the X3 movie costume to anyone? :P

:D

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

it would be kind of cool if some of the characters in game that have appeared in movies had their movie customes. have they said how many skins characters will have?
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it